Author Topic: It's getting sporty in Washington...  (Read 80091 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Re: It's getting sporty in Washington...
« Reply #725 on: April 01, 2022, 06:19:39 PM »
Or the federal government could respect the Constitution and not imprison people for peacefully carrying a pistol in DC.

;/

If wishes were horses, we'd all be eating steak. In the meantime, situational awareness and a brain would generally guide a person to not strap on a blaster in DC, just like it is ill advised to show up at an antifa protest with a red ball cap.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
« Reply #726 on: April 01, 2022, 07:21:18 PM »
If wishes were horses, we'd all be eating steak. In the meantime, situational awareness and a brain would generally guide a person to not strap on a blaster in DC, just like it is ill advised to show up at an antifa protest with a red ball cap.

I thought that saying was If wishes was fishes we would all be eating lobster.

How anyone thinks it is OK to roam around DC with a gun is amazing, have they been living under a rock for the last 40 years?

bob

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #727 on: April 01, 2022, 10:42:55 PM »
"I make love to men daily, but in the imagination."
                         - Barack Obama

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #728 on: April 06, 2022, 04:34:00 PM »
One of only a couple of "not guilty" verdicts that I've heard of. Looks like the judge decided it on the fact that the cops let this guy into the building. He appears to be one of the "tourist insurrectionists" who was only walking around, even though the gov charged him with a half dozen crimes.

From the article, the FBI has arrested 775 people for 06JAN. How many antifa were arrested across the US in an entire Summer of rioting?

https://twitchy.com/dougp-3137/2022/04/06/judge-apparently-agreed-with-man-facing-jan-6-charges-that-capitol-police-let-him-in-the-building/
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #729 on: April 06, 2022, 10:04:06 PM »
One of only a couple of "not guilty" verdicts that I've heard of. Looks like the judge decided it on the fact that the cops let this guy into the building. He appears to be one of the "tourist insurrectionists" who was only walking around, even though the gov charged him with a half dozen crimes.

From the article, the FBI has arrested 775 people for 06JAN. How many antifa were arrested across the US in an entire Summer of rioting?

https://twitchy.com/dougp-3137/2022/04/06/judge-apparently-agreed-with-man-facing-jan-6-charges-that-capitol-police-let-him-in-the-building/

I was about to post about this case:

https://www.politico.com/news/2022/04/06/judge-issues-first-outright-acquittal-of-jan-6-riot-defendant-00023493

However, the verdict could be viewed as a message from McFadden to prosecutors that pursuing criminal charges against nearly every demonstrator who entered the Capitol on Jan. 6 was unwise and that resources should have been trained more intensely on those accused of violence or of conspiring to block the electoral vote count.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

JN01

• friend
« Reply #730 on: April 06, 2022, 11:48:59 PM »
Are there any of those charged with misdemeanors still locked up awaiting trial?

sumpnz

• friend
« Reply #731 on: April 06, 2022, 11:53:39 PM »
Are there any of those charged with misdemeanors still locked up awaiting trial?

As far as I know, most of them are.  One would think if they were mostly being granted bail we’d have heard about it from Daily Wire or Steven Crowder or something.

ETA: how much y’all want to bet they try billing the defendants for room and board after acquittal or dismissal of charges?  I know they’ve done that to some people exonerated after years/decades in prison after a wrongful conviction.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #732 on: June 06, 2022, 06:26:18 PM »
So they are planning on holding 06JAN hearings televised in prime time and have hired a Hollywood guy to produce it. Should be a really big show.

https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2022/06/06/january-6-committee-hires-a-network-news-vet-to-make-its-prime-time-hearings-a-blockbuster-event/

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #733 on: June 06, 2022, 06:27:43 PM »
With the mid-terms coming up they're pulling out all the stops.
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

sumpnz

• friend
« Reply #734 on: June 06, 2022, 06:31:14 PM »
That just might be the GOTV effort the Rs need, and typically fail to achieve.

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #735 on: June 06, 2022, 07:31:10 PM »
Bloomberg laments that GOP politicians are not being "punished" by the voters over the Jan. 6 protest/riot/insurrection/whatever:

https://twitter.com/i/events/1533814628714782720
"I make love to men daily, but in the imagination."
                         - Barack Obama

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #736 on: June 06, 2022, 09:37:35 PM »
Rep. Jamie Raskin says the January 6 committee has found more evidence on Donald Trump than just ‘incitement’
]https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2022/06/06/rep-jamie-raskin-says-the-january-6-committee-has-found-more-evidence-on-donald-trump-than-just-incitement/

That's great considering you never even found incitement
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #737 on: June 07, 2022, 10:34:32 AM »

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!

DittoHead

• friend
  • Writing for the Bulwark since August 2019
« Reply #739 on: June 07, 2022, 01:21:30 PM »
Worth reading the whole thing
I assume they don't identify themselves because that would violate conditions of their plea deal. :police:
Without knowing the context - what they were charged with and especially the evidence against them to support those charges, why should I trust this anonymous source?
Plenty of guilty people make similar claims of persecution/innocence but what matters is the evidence (or lack thereof).
In the moral, catatonic stupor America finds itself in today it is only disagreement we seek, and the more virulent that disagreement, the better.

sumpnz

• friend
« Reply #740 on: June 07, 2022, 01:50:55 PM »
I assume they don't identify themselves because that would violate conditions of their plea deal. :police:
Without knowing the context - what they were charged with and especially the evidence against them to support those charges, why should I trust this anonymous source?
Plenty of guilty people make similar claims of persecution/innocence but what matters is the evidence (or lack thereof).

That comports with Brendon Straka’s account among others.  So I find it totally believable.  Some evidence would be good of course.

Honestly if I was that guy it would be hard to say whether I’d just sink into a pit of depression or if I’d go Marvin Heemeyer on everyone I could.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #741 on: June 07, 2022, 03:57:59 PM »
 :rofl:

Media strategists praised JAN6NN's rebrand as the most brilliant corporate news decision since the announcement of CNN+, and predicted JAN6NN would quickly double viewerships to 348 viewers.

CNN Rebrands To JAN6NN
https://babylonbee.com/news/cnn-rebrands-to-jan6nn
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #742 on: June 09, 2022, 08:53:19 PM »
    After just one minute in, Jan 6th committee Democrat Rep. Bennie Thomson compares Jan 6th defenders to people defending "slavery, ku klux klan, and lynching” .

— Charlie Spiering (@charliespiering) June 10, 2022

Wonder if anyone caught the irony in that he's comparing them to democrats

January 6 committee chair Bennie Thompson kicks off remarks with slavery, the Ku Klux Klan, and lynching
https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2022/06/09/january-6-committee-chair-bennie-thompson-kicks-off-remarks-with-slavery-the-ku-klux-klan-and-lynching/

- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #743 on: June 10, 2022, 01:13:27 PM »
She's not admitting anything, she just realized how stupid the dems are going to look when they produce another nothing burger and is trying to distance herself from it

Hell freeze over? Rachel Maddow actually ADMITS Trump and his rally had nothing to do with Jan. 6 Capitol breach (no seriously, WATCH)
https://twitchy.com/samj-3930/2022/06/10/hell-freeze-over-rachel-maddow-actually-admits-trump-and-his-rally-had-nothing-to-do-with-jan-6-capitol-breach-no-seriously-watch/
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #744 on: June 10, 2022, 02:11:46 PM »
Here's the Bee again

Dems To Hold June 9th Hearings To Get To The Bottom Of Why No One Watched Jan. 6th Hearings
https://babylonbee.com/news/dems-to-hold-june-9th-hearings-to-get-to-the-bottom-of-why-no-one-watched-jan-6th-hearings
- Calvin and Hobbes

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #745 on: June 10, 2022, 02:46:04 PM »
FBI Raids Home Of Michigan GOP Gubernatorial Candidate And Whitmer Challenger, Takes Him Into Custody
https://www.dailywire.com/news/fbi-raids-home-of-michigan-gop-gubernatorial-candidate-and-whitmer-challenger-takes-him-into-custody-report

Bridge News reporter Jonathan Oosting provided an update to the reported raid and arrest, writing, “Ryan Kelley is facing multiple charges related to January 6, 2021. He has admitted he was at the riots but claims he did not go inside the U.S. Capitol.”

Don't worry, the FBI is on the case.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #746 on: June 10, 2022, 02:53:38 PM »
FBI Raids Home Of Michigan GOP Gubernatorial Candidate And Whitmer Challenger, Takes Him Into Custody
https://www.dailywire.com/news/fbi-raids-home-of-michigan-gop-gubernatorial-candidate-and-whitmer-challenger-takes-him-into-custody-report

Don't worry, the FBI is on the case.

So 1.5 years later, they are arresting people for parading? This is pure police state. I guess it helps Whitmer and the committee to create Prime Time Hollywood produced, selectively edited, democratic campaign events.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #747 on: June 10, 2022, 02:57:53 PM »
Have they arrested Hogg yet for Parkland? He was "there"
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #748 on: June 10, 2022, 03:01:55 PM »
Or for that matter Pelosi, and Chucky. They were there.
- Calvin and Hobbes

sumpnz

• friend
« Reply #749 on: June 10, 2022, 03:21:32 PM »
So 1.5 years later, they are arresting people for parading? This is pure police state. I guess it helps Whitmer and the committee to create Prime Time Hollywood produced, selectively edited, democratic campaign events.

The FBI raided this guy over alleged 1.5 year old misdemeanors!  This is straight up political.  The DOJ is now fully weaponized to the benefit of Democrats. 

Has the FBI raided any of the BLM rioters?  /rhetorical question