Author Topic: SpaceX News  (Read 125670 times)

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
Re: SpaceX News
« Reply #1200 on: April 10, 2022, 03:03:55 PM »
Watching

NSF Live: Starship accelerates in Florida, SLS testing delayed, ULA scores record deal, and more
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q5bTwGxuAaQ
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #1201 on: April 10, 2022, 06:07:56 PM »
Musk needs to get the Florida launch site up and running soonest.  It looks like there will be no more flights approved at Boca Chica because politics.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #1202 on: April 10, 2022, 07:29:14 PM »
I still say Musk should buy a bunch of Mexican land just south of Boca Chica and launch from there.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #1203 on: April 10, 2022, 09:57:53 PM »
I still say Musk should buy a bunch of Mexican land just south of Boca Chica and launch from there.

That would be a nice poke in the eye for certain federal agencies.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
« Reply #1204 on: April 10, 2022, 11:49:40 PM »

ITAR.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #1205 on: April 17, 2022, 08:43:43 AM »
A SpaceX Falcon 9 is launching NROL-85 – a classified mission for the National Reconnaissance Office. Liftoff is scheduled for 6:13 a.m. Pacific (13:13 UTC) from SLC-4E, Vandenberg Space Force Base, California. Following launch, the first stage booster will return to the launch site for a landing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZR1pRchcASI
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #1206 on: April 17, 2022, 09:15:08 AM »
Holy cow
With the low cloud cover I couldn't tell if that was a launch or a boom. I seriously thought boom for a bit there.
- Calvin and Hobbes

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #1207 on: April 17, 2022, 09:46:09 AM »
Great video of the stage separation, booster reorientation and boost-back burn.  The cold gas thrusters on the booster were very visible, too.  Very neat video.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #1208 on: April 17, 2022, 09:50:51 AM »
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #1209 on: April 21, 2022, 09:47:53 AM »
Falcon 9 is launching the Starlink 4-14 mission with 53 internet satellites onboard. Liftoff is scheduled for 11:14 a.m. Eastern (15:14 UTC) from SLC-40, Cape Canaveral Space Force Station, Florida.

LIVE: SpaceX Falcon 9 Launches Starlink 4-14 Mission
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Eo6a2fl91U
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #1210 on: April 21, 2022, 11:36:44 AM »
Got move back to 1:15
- Calvin and Hobbes

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #1211 on: April 21, 2022, 02:03:15 PM »
Perfect booster landing with video of the touchdown.  Looks like they finally fixed the video cutout problem.  Fun watching this flight.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #1212 on: April 26, 2022, 04:17:34 PM »
SpaceX and NASA are targeting no earlier than Wednesday, April 27 for Falcon 9’s launch of Crew-4, Dragon’s fourth science expedition mission to the International Space Station, from Launch Complex 39A (LC-39A) at NASA’s Kennedy Space Center in Florida. Launch is targeted for 3:52 a.m. ET (7:52 UTC), with a backup opportunity available on Thursday, April 28.

This will be the first flight of the Dragon spacecraft supporting this mission and the fourth flight for Falcon 9’s first stage booster, which previously launched CRS-22, Crew-3, and Turksat 5B. Following stage separation, Falcon 9’s first stage will land on the A Shortfall of Gravitas droneship stationed in the Atlantic Ocean.

During their time at the orbiting laboratory, the Crew-4 astronauts will conduct over 200 science experiments in areas such as materials science, health technologies, and plant science to prepare for human exploration beyond low-Earth orbit and benefit life on Earth.

The webcast for the Crew-4 mission will go live about four hours before liftoff.

Crew-4 Mission | Launch
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=orN0PaqQECs
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #1213 on: April 27, 2022, 08:59:23 AM »
Another 4 astronauts in space by SX
Someone said these 4 now make it 26 for SX

Beautiful landing with the booster lighting up the clouds on landing
- Calvin and Hobbes

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #1214 on: April 27, 2022, 09:53:48 AM »
SpaceX has finally gotten the drone ship video feed working well.  That's the third clear video of a booster landing.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #1215 on: April 27, 2022, 04:12:30 PM »
Hey Jeff

- Calvin and Hobbes

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #1216 on: April 27, 2022, 04:26:22 PM »
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #1217 on: April 27, 2022, 06:08:41 PM »
Jeff Who?

That's funny right there.   :laugh:

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
« Reply #1218 on: April 27, 2022, 08:47:25 PM »
SpaceX has finally gotten the drone ship video feed working well.  That's the third clear video of a booster landing.

Starlink antennas bolted to the deck.  Better tolerance to buffetting and vibration.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #1219 on: April 28, 2022, 08:36:48 AM »
Video of Dragon’s Draco thrusters moving the spacecraft closer to the @Space_Station
https://twitter.com/SpaceX/status/1519500388738682880
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #1220 on: April 28, 2022, 09:32:32 PM »
They're going for a catch tomorrow

Rocket Lab
@RocketLab
Earlier this week the weather said "you shall not pass," but now we're just over 24 hours away from the launch window opening for 'There And Back Again,' our first attempt at catching Electron's 1st stage with a helicopter.

Yes, there will be a webcast: https://youtu.be/6nODVPGHQcc
https://twitter.com/RocketLab/status/1519797942579646464

Rocket Lab - 'There And Back Again' Launch
116 waiting
Scheduled for Apr 29, 2022
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6nODVPGHQcc
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #1221 on: April 28, 2022, 09:37:00 PM »
And BTW

- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #1222 on: April 29, 2022, 01:49:41 PM »
Well *expletive deleted*ck
Another month
I'm not surprised really.

Eric Berger
@SciGuySpace
It's official now. The FAA has delayed the release of its environmental review of SpaceX's Starship launch site in South Texas until at least May 31.
https://twitter.com/SciGuySpace/status/1520087565650604034
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #1223 on: April 29, 2022, 01:52:14 PM »
Eric Berger
@SciGuySpace
In an email sent to reporters just now, the FAA adds the following rationale for the delay. "SpaceX made multiple changes to its application that require additional FAA analysis. The agency continues to review around 18,000 general public comments. "

TechNeo
@TechNeo_
 Â· 1h
Replying to @b280c_2 and @NASASpaceflight
the delays could be largely attributed to SpaceX management filing paperwork with incorrect/outdated info. For example the switch to Raptor 2.0 invalidates a lot of the sound/plume analysis.
- Calvin and Hobbes

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
« Reply #1224 on: April 29, 2022, 02:12:41 PM »

Political roadblocking.  I have higher faith in the integrity of SXT than the US government apparatchiks.