Author Topic: SpaceX News  (Read 125727 times)

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
Re: SpaceX News
« Reply #225 on: February 12, 2021, 08:17:53 AM »
Kunal Shah
@kunalb11
·
17h
Elon musk may end up running 4+ 500 billion companies simultaneously at a relatively young age.

What I want to really understand: how does he do it? How does he manage context switching? How does he design his Org?

So many questions.
Tip
Kunal Shah
@kunalb11
·
17h
@elonmusk
 : answer if you see this, dark lord.

Elon Musk
@elonmusk
Replying to
@kunalb11

I’m an alien
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #226 on: February 12, 2021, 08:43:11 AM »
But a legal one.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #227 on: February 12, 2021, 08:45:41 AM »

« Last Edit: February 12, 2021, 09:32:13 AM by WLJ »
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

TomJo

« Reply #228 on: February 15, 2021, 05:25:23 AM »

Apparently, it benefits a lot of people. The basic principle of modern capitalism is that a person or a company is successful (profitable, etc.) only when it benefits society. This means that people are willing to pay a set price for the services or goods that the company provides.
So society now considers electric cars and space companies useful.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #229 on: February 15, 2021, 09:11:22 AM »
29 in Boca Chica with 40+mph winds . When I last saw poor SN10, camera is out now, it looked like it wanted to go back into Highbay
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #230 on: February 15, 2021, 10:17:17 AM »
24 now. Wow. Bet there was a run on coats and gloves in Texas. Heard they're having a lot of brown outs, maybe due to all the electric heaters going?
- Calvin and Hobbes

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #231 on: February 15, 2021, 10:56:18 AM »
24 now. Wow. Bet there was a run on coats and gloves in Texas. Heard they're having a lot of brown outs, maybe due to all the electric heaters going?

News said it was deliberate to not strain the system ....  ???
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #232 on: February 15, 2021, 10:57:33 AM »
News said it was deliberate to not strain the system ....  ???

My family in the DFW area reports the same thing.  Rolling blackouts that last around two hours.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #233 on: February 15, 2021, 11:04:58 AM »
My brother is a bit West of Houston.  He just lost power.  Hopefully, it is just 2 hours. 

The load should be a little lower since a lot of the chemical plants down on the coast are having trouble keeping things running.  Not used to sustained freezing temps.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #234 on: February 15, 2021, 11:15:24 AM »
I read yesterday where a lot of the power windmills are frozen due to the weather.  Probably 50% are offline.  That's a pretty good chunk of power for Texas.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #235 on: February 15, 2021, 11:55:43 AM »
I read yesterday where a lot of the power windmills are frozen due to the weather.  Probably 50% are offline.  That's a pretty good chunk of power for Texas.

Don't those wind turbines use grid power to heat the important bits and to keep things running when the wind dies?  That's what I read somewhere.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #236 on: February 15, 2021, 11:57:56 AM »
Don't those wind turbines use grid power to heat the important bits and to keep things running when the wind dies?  That's what I read somewhere.

I was thinking the same thing, but apparently they don't, at least in Texas.  Or the cold is such that it is beyond the capacity of the heaters.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #237 on: February 15, 2021, 01:16:45 PM »

One of my old shipmates lives in Texas. Their power is out. Their power supplier relies heavily on wind turbines which are apparently frozen up, so much for green energy.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #238 on: February 15, 2021, 01:48:02 PM »
Mike Hudgeons
@hudgeons_mike
·
3h
Replying to
@BocaChicaGal
 and
@NASASpaceflight
Mary,
Are yall experiencing power outtages down south? Many in DFW are without power. Bless you Mary!!!🤘❤
Tip
Mary
@BocaChicaGal
·
24m
Thankfully, no power outage at Boca Chica. I do believe there are power outages in the surrounding areas though. Several traffic lights are not working in Brownsville.
- Calvin and Hobbes

TechMan

• Administrator
  • Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.
« Reply #239 on: February 15, 2021, 02:28:02 PM »
I heard that it was the first time in TX history that all 254 counties were under a Winter Storm Warning.
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
« Reply #240 on: February 15, 2021, 05:40:24 PM »

Expected and obvious consequences for one hundred, Alex.

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #241 on: February 15, 2021, 07:23:14 PM »
I heard that it was the first time in TX history that all 254 counties were under a Winter Storm Warning.

Globular Warmulating .....  :angel: [tinfoil]
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #242 on: February 15, 2021, 10:55:47 PM »

LIVE: SpaceX Launches 60 Starlink Satellites on Falcon 9
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dro26yN6OZU
- Calvin and Hobbes

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #243 on: February 15, 2021, 10:56:36 PM »

Globular Warmulating .....  :angel: [tinfoil]

Globulating Anticlimactic Changulation

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #244 on: February 15, 2021, 11:09:35 PM »
Lost the booster.
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #245 on: February 15, 2021, 11:20:10 PM »
In the chat "Booster Lives Matter"
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #246 on: February 15, 2021, 11:43:39 PM »
2nd stage and payload are fine. Booster went into the drink though

Everyday Astronaut
@Erdayastronaut
·
28m
After stage shut down we did see a little extra spice on the first stage. Wonder if something wasn’t right at this point already. Unfortunately B1059 is now becoming a coral reef. Rest in pieces friend. The new record to break is 24 consecutive landings... 25 remains elusive 🥺
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #247 on: February 15, 2021, 11:44:20 PM »
LabPadre
@LabPadre
·
40m
Due to a major power infrastructure failure on South Padre Island all LabPadre cams will be down until further notice. We apologize for the inconvenience. #SpaceX #BocaChica #Texas #Starship
- Calvin and Hobbes

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
« Reply #248 on: February 16, 2021, 12:54:39 AM »

Two dozen stuck landings in a row before a failure.  How's ULA's landing record?  >:D

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #249 on: February 16, 2021, 07:56:48 AM »

Everyday Astronaut
@Erdayastronaut
·
28m
After stage shut down we did see a little extra spice on the first stage. Wonder if something wasn’t right at this point already. Unfortunately B1059 is now becoming a coral reef. Rest in pieces friend. The new record to break is 24 consecutive landings... 25 remains elusive 🥺

Have they tried naming one Memphis Belle?*

*Yes, I know Hell's Angels did it first, but they don't have a movie, do they?