Author Topic: SpaceX News  (Read 125661 times)

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
Re: SpaceX News
« Reply #250 on: February 16, 2021, 08:24:18 AM »
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #251 on: February 16, 2021, 11:21:49 AM »
https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1361711665864130563

Elon Musk
@elonmusk
Replying to
@Tesla
Covered in snow & ice, roads mostly closed & no power in Austin
11:18 AM · Feb 16, 2021·Twitter for iPhone
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

TomJo

« Reply #252 on: February 16, 2021, 12:26:35 PM »
Be patient.  His team has already signaled that they intend to shut down the Artemis program.

Shut down the Artemis program? Are you sure?
What for? Why, then, is NASA selecting contractors for this program?
It's good that Preservance is almost on Mars. Now it cannot be postponed, rescheduled or closed.
Will JWST be cancelled too?

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #253 on: February 16, 2021, 05:34:39 PM »
Shut down the Artemis program? Are you sure?
What for? Why, then, is NASA selecting contractors for this program?

Yes, I am sure.  Read the article a few days ago where the OBiden administration stated they are "re-evaluating" the program.  That's typical political speak for impending cancellation.
NASA is still selecting contractors solely because of bureaucratic inertia as the program has not been officially cancelled yet.

Edited to add:

Well, I have to dine on some crow it seems.  The Obiden administration has now signaled they will continue supporting NASA's Artemis program.  This is a surprising development given that Biden has been dismantling everything else labeled Trump since he took office.

https://www.upi.com/Top_News/US/2021/02/04/White-House-Biden-supports-NASA-program-to-send-astronauts-to-moon/9021612463940/
« Last Edit: February 16, 2021, 05:46:45 PM by RocketMan »
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #254 on: February 16, 2021, 05:53:48 PM »
Yes, I am sure.  Read the article a few days ago where the OBiden administration stated they are "re-evaluating" the program.  That's typical political speak for impending cancellation.
NASA is still selecting contractors solely because of bureaucratic inertia as the program has not been officially cancelled yet.

Edited to add:

Well, I have to dine on some crow it seems.  The Obiden administration has now signaled they will continue supporting NASA's Artemis program.  This is a surprising development given that Biden has been dismantling everything else labeled Trump since he took office.

https://www.upi.com/Top_News/US/2021/02/04/White-House-Biden-supports-NASA-program-to-send-astronauts-to-moon/9021612463940/

How else are they going to get the first trans-handicapped-illegal alien-elementary school drop out-POC on the moon to plant the BLM flag for all of man flexible gender kind?
« Last Edit: February 16, 2021, 06:07:46 PM by WLJ »
- Calvin and Hobbes

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
« Reply #255 on: February 16, 2021, 06:28:02 PM »

Edited to add:

I think The Angry Astronaut covered the politics of this.  In short it's an easy PR and cash grab for everyone hence not killing it.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #256 on: February 16, 2021, 06:52:25 PM »

SPadre
@SpacePadreIsle
·
35m
Still no power or water. 🥶 Daughter stuck at DFW airport for days. Going to look for some hot food somewhere. Sure makes you appreciate things!
https://twitter.com/SpacePadreIsle/status/1361816051114258433?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Eembeddedtimeline%7Ctwterm%5Eprofile%3ASpacePadreIsle%7Ctwcon%5Etimelinechrome&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.starshipstalker.com%2F
- Calvin and Hobbes

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
« Reply #257 on: February 16, 2021, 07:03:33 PM »

TomJo

« Reply #258 on: February 17, 2021, 10:42:24 AM »
A bit offtopic. But will someone be watching the landing of Preservance?
Could something go wrong? (I hope not)
Are any of you on the list of 11 million names that will be delivered to Mars?

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #259 on: February 17, 2021, 10:49:01 AM »
A bit offtopic. But will someone be watching the landing of Preservance?
Could something go wrong? (I hope not)
Are any of you on the list of 11 million names that will be delivered to Mars?

Actually I was thinking I should have named this thread Space News and not just limit it to SpaceX. Guess I still can right?

Watching the landing? Was planning on it.

And I'm not.
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #260 on: February 18, 2021, 03:06:39 PM »
Less than an hour away

LIVE: NASA's Perseverance rover attempts to land on Mars!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sty0e6l3Y3Y

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gm0b_ijaYMQ
- Calvin and Hobbes

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #261 on: February 18, 2021, 03:57:51 PM »
Mars touchdown confirmed!

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #262 on: February 18, 2021, 04:02:59 PM »
WOOT!!

Hell, I'm still geeked out about the first time they pulled this trick off.

Will NASA get canceled for using all that racist math to make this happen?
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #263 on: February 18, 2021, 04:04:07 PM »
- Calvin and Hobbes

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #264 on: February 18, 2021, 06:32:05 PM »
I was working and missed it.
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #265 on: February 18, 2021, 06:44:02 PM »
I was working and missed it.

You didn't miss anything.  The only video is of the control room.  Not very exciting.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #266 on: February 19, 2021, 06:28:51 PM »
- Calvin and Hobbes

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #267 on: February 19, 2021, 11:55:09 PM »
Anyone else considered the the fact that Mars is (so far as we know) populated entirely by semiautonomous robots?
 :rofl:
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #268 on: February 20, 2021, 12:21:06 AM »
Anyone else considered the the fact that Mars is (so far as we know) populated entirely by semiautonomous robots?
Hopefully they don't start reproducing. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #269 on: February 20, 2021, 08:07:11 AM »

Hopefully the Asgard don't try and contain them in a time dilation bubble that the robots then reverse so they advance a year for every day that goes by in normal space and then the next thing you know you have molecular super robots that can stick their hands in your brain.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #270 on: February 20, 2021, 10:41:04 AM »
Hopefully the Asgard don't try and contain them in a time dilation bubble that the robots then reverse so they advance a year for every day that goes by in normal space and then the next thing you know you have molecular super robots that can stick their hands in your brain.

Don't give the lefties any ideas.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #271 on: February 20, 2021, 11:20:39 AM »

If they were nice robots, that'd damn handy.

Implants so I could surf APS without a computer or phone.

If they were not nice robots, I doubt there would be anything I could do about it anyway.
I promise not to duck.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #272 on: February 20, 2021, 05:30:57 PM »
Uh Oh

- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #273 on: February 22, 2021, 08:47:35 AM »
Road closures for today, could indicate static fire tests.
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #274 on: February 22, 2021, 06:22:39 PM »
Tank Farm activity
- Calvin and Hobbes