Author Topic: SpaceX News  (Read 126863 times)

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
Re: SpaceX News
« Reply #75 on: January 28, 2021, 03:46:56 PM »
People are saying in the chat Spacex is saying they have approval
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #76 on: January 28, 2021, 03:50:23 PM »
Could be Spacex is going for a static test if they didn't actually get approval
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #77 on: January 28, 2021, 03:55:46 PM »
Still no FAA waiver according to the talking heads.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #78 on: January 28, 2021, 03:56:17 PM »
Darn it. depressurization
Could recycle or could just been a test .
FAA approval were just rumors. 
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #79 on: January 28, 2021, 04:27:32 PM »
They were going for a launch but didn't get approval  :mad:
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #80 on: January 28, 2021, 05:41:34 PM »
See what happens tomorrow.
Honestly, I think Musk was playing chicken with the FAA
- Calvin and Hobbes

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
« Reply #81 on: January 28, 2021, 06:10:52 PM »
According to the FAA no launch until tomorrow.

Totally not related to the wallstreet shenanigans and Musk's offer to slap the GS logo on his next rocket if GME hits $1000/share.

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #82 on: January 28, 2021, 07:02:39 PM »
Why does any space launch require FAA approval?  I don't need "approval" to go fly, I just have to fit into the system.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
« Reply #83 on: January 28, 2021, 07:05:06 PM »
Why does any space launch require FAA approval?  I don't need "approval" to go fly, I just have to fit into the system.

Because shut up peasant.

Fly320s

• friend
« Reply #84 on: January 28, 2021, 07:10:03 PM »
Because shut up peasant.

Roger that.

<rant on>

It used to be that the FAA worked for pilots.  We told them what we intended to do and they made it happen.  We also used to fly around without radar or flight following or talking to anyone.  Now, every student pilot I hear on the radio is using flight following and asking permission to fly their plane.  Damn students use flight following even on a beautiful VMC day in Florida.  The idea of self-sufficiency is dying.

<off>

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #85 on: January 28, 2021, 07:47:21 PM »
They need permission in the form of a waiver.  The waiver allows the rocket folks to fly their rockets.  The FAA will issue NOTAMs and such to warn pilots such as yourself not to fly in the area of rocket launches.  A rocket can break your airplane if it bumps into it.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #86 on: January 28, 2021, 07:57:16 PM »
- Calvin and Hobbes

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
« Reply #87 on: January 28, 2021, 08:06:37 PM »
Roger that.

<rant on>

It used to be that the FAA worked for pilots.  We told them what we intended to do and they made it happen.  We also used to fly around without radar or flight following or talking to anyone.  Now, every student pilot I hear on the radio is using flight following and asking permission to fly their plane.  Damn students use flight following even on a beautiful VMC day in Florida.  The idea of self-sufficiency is dying.

<off>

Yup.  FAA and FCC were created out of the need for deconfliction of shared air and EM spectrum.  And like everything corrupted by those who seek power it has been turned into an instrument of control.

Fly320s

• friend
« Reply #88 on: January 28, 2021, 08:08:30 PM »
They need permission in the form of a waiver.  The waiver allows the rocket folks to fly their rockets.  The FAA will issue NOTAMs and such to warn pilots such as yourself not to fly in the area of rocket launches.  A rocket can break your airplane if it bumps into it.

You're right, of course.  It just sounds like the FAA is refusing to do its job and clear the airspace for the launch.  That airspace isn't very crowded these days.

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
« Reply #89 on: January 28, 2021, 08:12:20 PM »
You're right, of course.  It just sounds like the FAA is refusing to do its job and clear the airspace for the launch.  That airspace isn't very crowded these days.

Sounds like they (SpaceX) just need to issue a, NOTAM?, notice to airmen or some such, "hey, we will try to fly a rocket here during this time frame, please go around" and do their thing.  FAA control freaks can pound sand down a rat hole.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2021, 11:41:02 PM by kgbsquirrel »

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #90 on: January 28, 2021, 08:15:34 PM »
The FAA doesn't ask me before the A-10's come in at tree top level. Why should I need to ask them before I launch a rocket?
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #91 on: January 28, 2021, 08:18:00 PM »
The FAA doesn't ask me before the A-10's come in at tree top level. Why should I need to ask them before I launch a rocket?

Just don't launch one at the A-10s, they can have a bad temper.
- Calvin and Hobbes

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #92 on: January 28, 2021, 08:24:19 PM »
I think the FAA statement  is that they have a "safety concern" with the vehicle.  Considering the 50/50 chance it will explode on a good day, I'm not sure what that means.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #93 on: January 28, 2021, 08:56:18 PM »
Lot of tin foil hat talk on the internet over this. Some of it includes talk of Biden, Jeff Bezos, & the Chinese.

- Calvin and Hobbes

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #94 on: January 28, 2021, 10:37:09 PM »
Are they all getting stoned?
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #95 on: January 28, 2021, 10:42:22 PM »
Are they all getting stoned?

I think the internet is stoned at times
- Calvin and Hobbes

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #96 on: January 28, 2021, 10:58:43 PM »
Lot of tin foil hat talk on the internet over this. Some of it includes talk of Biden, Jeff Bezos, & the Chinese.

Nothing the democrats pulled would surprise me. Including throwing up insurmountable regulatory roadblocks to kill SpaceX.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
« Reply #97 on: January 28, 2021, 11:43:00 PM »
SpaceX now being investigated for "hiring bias" because they hire U.S. citizens and not foreigners.

ETA: exculpatory evidence being omitted by the national propaganda that I've seen: foreign nationals can't hold security clearances and space rockets are a dual use technology with all sorts of security clearance requirements; if you can build a satellite booster, you can build an ICBM. 
« Last Edit: January 29, 2021, 02:52:19 AM by kgbsquirrel »

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #98 on: January 29, 2021, 07:31:11 AM »
SpaceX starts launching from ships in 5.......4.......3........

Fly320s

• friend
« Reply #99 on: January 29, 2021, 07:33:19 AM »
SpaceX starts launching from ships in 5.......4.......3........

Still get FAA oversight because they are a US company.