Author Topic: SpaceX News  (Read 125732 times)

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
Re: SpaceX News
« Reply #625 on: May 23, 2021, 01:03:56 PM »
Elon could shift gears for a little bit and get a larger faring for the Falcon Heavy up and running and that would allow the FH to take over until SS is available as a launch vehicle in the meantime.

Already is, but slower and distributing its cost over several launches because DoD didn't pay them to develop it unlike Vulcan.

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #626 on: May 23, 2021, 01:08:31 PM »
Already is, but slower and distributing its cost over several launches because DoD didn't pay them to develop it unlike Vulcan.

My understanding is that the larger FH faring is not ready yet due to it being a low priority on Elon's to do list since he's so focused on SS. AA's video gets into that some.  FH unlike Vulcan is already flying with proven engines but needs a larger faring for many contracts which Elon has said is doable. Maybe with this BO/ULA mess the DOD will be calling Elon and saying "Pretty $$$$$ Please".
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #627 on: May 25, 2021, 11:36:47 PM »
More faring issues. This time with the Ariane 5's effecting the launch of the James Webb Telescope.

Will the James Webb Space Telescope get delayed AGAIN?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FNL_3Iirmtk
« Last Edit: May 26, 2021, 12:24:55 AM by WLJ »
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #628 on: May 26, 2021, 12:24:16 AM »
More BO news
The man who just bought a 1/2 billion dollar yacht needs what is basically a bailout  :facepalm:

NOW THAT Jeff Bezos’s space flight company Blue Origin has lost a multibillion contract to Elon Musk’s SpaceX, Congress is prepping the ground for Bezos to win a contract anyway, ordering NASA to make not one but two awards.

The order would come through the Endless Frontier Act, a bill to beef up resources for science and technology research that’s being debated on the Senate floor this week. An amendment was added to that legislation by Sen. Maria Cantwell, D-Wash., to hand over $10 billion to NASA — money that most likely would go to Blue Origin, a company that’s headquartered in Cantwell’s home state.

SENATE PREPARING $10 BILLION BAILOUT FUND FOR JEFF BEZOS SPACE FIRM
https://theintercept.com/2021/05/25/jeff-bezos-blue-origin-senate-bailout/
« Last Edit: May 26, 2021, 11:01:57 AM by WLJ »
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #630 on: May 26, 2021, 09:35:39 AM »
Still have yet to see one photo from the Chinese Mars lander. Well except for maybe one unlabeled photo which may or not be from the lander. Either something has gone wong or they're just being aholes.

https://youtu.be/uX2cS8wvQHI?t=91
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #631 on: May 26, 2021, 03:19:48 PM »
Another 60 Starlinks launched and another good landing
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #632 on: May 26, 2021, 05:06:48 PM »
SN15 rolling down the road to the barn https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKfJPq4KbXc

« Last Edit: May 26, 2021, 06:24:29 PM by WLJ »
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #633 on: May 26, 2021, 05:30:14 PM »
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #634 on: May 26, 2021, 05:31:27 PM »
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #635 on: May 26, 2021, 05:36:07 PM »
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #636 on: May 26, 2021, 05:36:37 PM »
What it says

JohnnyBgood
@Casual_Opinion
·
14h
Replying to
@katlinegrey
 and
@DJSnM
Can someone translate what the graffiti is saying?
Tip
LT H
@LTH38584255
·
13h
Прежде чем лезть к вездам, человеку нужно научиться жить на земле = Before going to the stars, man must learn to live on Earth
« Last Edit: May 26, 2021, 06:51:30 PM by WLJ »
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #637 on: May 26, 2021, 06:24:43 PM »
SN15 rolling down the road to the barn https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKfJPq4KbXc

Okay, not the barn. Went pass the highbay.
- Calvin and Hobbes

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #638 on: May 26, 2021, 06:47:21 PM »
*expletive deleted*it

https://twitter.com/katlinegrey/status/1397446169098346496

Evidently it translates to some of that commie bullshit about fixing problems on Earth first.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #639 on: May 26, 2021, 06:51:01 PM »
Evidently it translates to some of that commie bullshit about fixing problems on Earth first.

Translation is in my following post
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #641 on: May 27, 2021, 08:07:17 AM »
To go with the photo in reply #633

Why did SpaceX’s Falcon 9 Make a Visible Shockwave in the Sky? #shorts
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DlkXVJQ0atE
- Calvin and Hobbes

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
« Reply #642 on: May 27, 2021, 01:59:22 PM »

https://twitter.com/Caspar_Stanley/status/1397140728153788416/photo/1

Beautiful art.  Note the engines won't be that close to each other.  Have to leave room for gimballing.

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #643 on: May 27, 2021, 02:14:41 PM »
The outer ring won't gimbal.

"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
« Reply #644 on: May 27, 2021, 02:17:25 PM »

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #645 on: May 27, 2021, 03:02:59 PM »
Chris G - NSF
@ChrisG_NSF
Recent news of graffiti defacement of a remaining #Buran orbiter in #Baikonur has led to renewed criticisms of lax security at the Kazakh spaceport & calls to transfer ownership of the "Soviet Shuttles" to museums.

From Katya Pavlushchenko (
@katlinegrey
)
https://twitter.com/ChrisG_NSF/status/1397970730000826372
- Calvin and Hobbes

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
« Reply #646 on: May 28, 2021, 01:52:29 AM »
https://twitter.com/ChrisG_NSF/status/1397970730000826372

Didn't the one Russia have end up wearing a roof because they didn't maintain the building it was in? 

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #647 on: May 29, 2021, 02:37:17 PM »
Some Starlink news
Actually wondered if something like this would come up due to Starlinks potential impact on ground based astronomy. It could start getting crowed up there with Starlink + ESA's Oneweb and now China's verision.

Satellite operator Viasat is asking the FCC to stop SpaceX from launching more Starlink satellites as it heads to court to compel a thorough environmental review of the rapidly growing megaconstellation.

On Friday, Viasat formally asked the Federal Communications Commission to stay an April 27 license modification that allows SpaceX to continue building out the broadband constellation, which already numbers more than 1,600 satellites.
Viasat’s bid to stop or at least slow Starlink’s expansion rests on convincing a federal appeals court that the FCC was legally obligated to assess the megaconstellation’s environmental impact before approving SpaceX’s request to more than double the number of satellites it intends to operate from 550 kilometers.

Viasat asks FCC to halt Starlink launches while it seeks court ruling
https://spacenews.com/viasat-asks-fcc-to-halt-starlink-launches-while-it-seeks-court-ruling/
- Calvin and Hobbes

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
« Reply #648 on: May 29, 2021, 08:56:50 PM »
Some Starlink news
Actually wondered if something like this would come up due to Starlinks potential impact on ground based astronomy. It could start getting crowed up there with Starlink + ESA's Oneweb and now China's verision.

Viasat asks FCC to halt Starlink launches while it seeks court ruling
https://spacenews.com/viasat-asks-fcc-to-halt-starlink-launches-while-it-seeks-court-ruling/

Endless environmental impact studies is how the aholes running the show kill technologies that would reduce our dependence on them.  Like with nuclear power or the logging industry.

I expect they really don't give two shits about the environment, they just was government protectionism against a market competitor.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #649 on: May 30, 2021, 10:16:59 AM »
Endless environmental impact studies is how the aholes running the show kill technologies that would reduce our dependence on them.  Like with nuclear power or the logging industry.

I expect they really don't give two shits about the environment, they just was government protectionism against a market competitor.

Not the environment per say but how thousands of low earth orbit satellites will impact ground based astronomy.
- Calvin and Hobbes