Author Topic: SpaceX News  (Read 126934 times)

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
Re: SpaceX News
« Reply #1000 on: January 13, 2022, 07:47:04 AM »
Falcon 9 is launching the Transporter-3 dedicated-rideshare mission. Liftoff is scheduled for 10:25 a.m. Eastern (15:25 UTC) from SLC-40, Cape Canaveral SFS, Florida.

LIVE: SpaceX Falcon 9 Launch and Landing | Transporter-3 Mission
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_pltcGI-suM
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #1002 on: January 13, 2022, 11:11:07 AM »
Just missed that launch.  Landed in Orlando at 10am. 
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #1003 on: January 13, 2022, 04:39:48 PM »
Virgin Orbit's turn for the day

In our third commercial launch, Virgin Orbit is pleased to provide livestream coverage of pre-flight operations and launch commentary throughout the day. Join us starting at 1:00pm PT/ 4:00pm ET to follow along with our hosts, mission control, and the Virgin Orbit team.

Above the Clouds Live Stream | Virgin Orbit
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IEUQksTzGy8

- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #1004 on: January 13, 2022, 04:46:40 PM »
The bargain bin disco elevator music is killing me
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #1005 on: January 13, 2022, 04:52:23 PM »
And it's time for the canned questions.

- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #1006 on: January 13, 2022, 05:15:25 PM »
30 minutes to drop
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #1007 on: January 16, 2022, 10:44:46 AM »
LIVE: Stratolaunch Test Flight 3 | World's Largest Aircraft By Wingspan
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVkE_W4rWJk
- Calvin and Hobbes

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #1008 on: January 18, 2022, 09:04:02 AM »
It could be years, if ever, before SpaceX can fly Starship from Boca Chica.  It appears they have run afoul of both the US Fish and Wildlife Service and the National Parks Service.  Each agency has objected to the Programmatic Environmental Assessment being done by the FAA, saying it's not enough.  Instead, both agencies say the law requires a full blown Environmental Impact Statement be completed.  That is a multiyear process with no guaranteed outcome.
Stories on the situation at the links below.

http://www.parabolicarc.com/2022/01/17/report-spacexs-boca-chica-plans-face-serious-objections-from-fws-nps/

https://esghound.substack.com/p/the-us-department-of-interior-drops?justPublished=true
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #1009 on: January 18, 2022, 09:33:35 AM »
Not shocked in the least. Actually have been expecting something along those lines.
Now the question is how long will it take to get the construction and launch facilities for Super Heavy and Star Ship going at the cape? They've already started the process.
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #1010 on: January 18, 2022, 09:38:56 AM »
It could be years, if ever, before SpaceX can fly Starship from Boca Chica.  It appears they have run afoul of both the US Fish and Wildlife Service and the National Parks Service.  Each agency has objected to the Programmatic Environmental Assessment being done by the FAA, saying it's not enough.  Instead, both agencies say the law requires a full blown Environmental Impact Statement be completed.  That is a multiyear process with no guaranteed outcome.

http://www.parabolicarc.com/2022/01/17/report-spacexs-boca-chica-plans-face-serious-objections-from-fws-nps/

https://esghound.substack.com/p/the-us-department-of-interior-drops?justPublished=true

Ouch. Especially related to NPS. I have been involved in environmental impact statements in which NPS participated. People complain about the EPA all the time, but they are pikers compared to how big of an ahole NPS is regarding the EIS process. They are like the fed.gov arm of the Environmental Defense Center.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #1011 on: January 18, 2022, 09:54:35 AM »
I am sure the NPS people pushing this can recommend a consultant to do the environmental impact statement.  It is run by a friend or relative, but that isn't relevant. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #1012 on: January 18, 2022, 09:57:45 AM »
SLS is having issues AGAIN and delayed AGAIN.
The government is putting roadblocks in front of SpaceX.
Blue Origin is doing nothing more than flying super rich tourists on a sub orbital D and making CGI videos.
Virgin is only really interested in sub orbital tourist flights and small sat launches.
Rocket Lab small fry at the moment.
United Launch Alliance needs engines. Blue Origin: What engines? Oh those engines! They were lost in Amazon shipping.

China is going to beat us (back) to the moon and then Mars unless something is done quick.

Biden Zzzzzzzzzzzzz
- Calvin and Hobbes

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #1013 on: January 18, 2022, 10:08:07 AM »
I predicted this crap a year ago.

FTFY

It is my opinion that NASA will never get back to the moon. Their mission budget will be slashed during the Harris/Biden administration and their focus will likely be redirected back toward muslim outreach and social justice issues.
As for SpaceX and friends, I would be surprised if the regulatory burden isn't magnified beyond financial feasibility and they take their toys to another country.
We just can't afford to be sending all that money up in smoke going into space when there are so many social justice programs here that need the money.
 :'(
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #1014 on: January 18, 2022, 10:22:37 AM »
Well in the case of SpaceX all the government really needs to do for the most part is get the _____ out of the way.
- Calvin and Hobbes

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #1015 on: January 18, 2022, 10:34:55 AM »

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #1016 on: January 18, 2022, 07:12:05 PM »

Matamoros is right across the channel.  Maybe Mexico wants to lease some land to SpaceX.  Build the rocket in Boca, then drive it across to Mexico to light the fuse.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

WLJ

• friends
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #1018 on: January 18, 2022, 07:50:36 PM »
Starlink launch tonight ~9pm EST
Don't have any video links yet.
- Calvin and Hobbes

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #1019 on: January 18, 2022, 07:56:50 PM »
Matamoros is right across the channel.  Maybe Mexico wants to lease some land to SpaceX.  Build the rocket in Boca, then drive it across to Mexico to light the fuse.

I've wondered about that or similar routes for them to continue. Then it might come down to restrictions on exporting technology outside the US.
I just really think the current administration will not allow them to succeed.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #1020 on: January 18, 2022, 08:48:42 PM »
Found a feed

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZPFp_RgJLI

Don't know where the usual NASAspaceflight guys are tonight
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #1021 on: January 18, 2022, 08:54:51 PM »
And there's always SpaceX's feed

https://www.spacex.com/launches/index.html
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #1022 on: January 21, 2022, 11:56:24 AM »
A United Launch Alliance (ULA) Atlas V is launching the USSF-8 mission for the Space Force. Liftoff is scheduled for 2:00 p.m. Eastern (19:00 UTC) from SLC-41, Cape Canaveral SFS, Florida.

LIVE: Atlas V Launches USSF-8 Mission
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDM0B2D0TTI
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #1023 on: January 21, 2022, 03:03:34 PM »
Skip to 1:50 if you can't wait

GSE-4 Pressured To Failure Rover2.0 Bathed In Liquid Nitrogen
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V1Z21JnKHwY
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #1024 on: January 24, 2022, 10:38:07 AM »
Why do people (including me) have such a problem with Blue Origin and Jeff Bezos?  Well, the list is kinda long...

Blue Orgin UPDATE - Why do people love to hate Jeff Bezos and his creation?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LSMeB77lcIo
- Calvin and Hobbes