Author Topic: SpaceX News  (Read 127208 times)

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
Re: SpaceX News
« Reply #1400 on: June 18, 2022, 03:48:27 PM »
Thirth time huh?  ;)

I have the Brian damage
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #1401 on: June 18, 2022, 08:09:28 PM »
But wait, there even more

Falcon 9 is launching the Globalstar-FM15 mission. Liftoff is scheduled for 12:27 AM EDT from SLC-40, Cape Canaveral Space Force Station, Florida.

LIVE: SpaceX Falcon 9 Launches Globalstar-FM15 Mission
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W40YFNse9TE
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #1402 on: June 19, 2022, 08:01:47 AM »
Even thought the payload was officially for Globalstar lots of speculation there was a secret cargo on board due to the fact they didn't show the 2nd stage again, the 2nd took an unusual track (according to the NSF guys), and the fact a single Globalstar FM15 would have been an unusually light load for a F9
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #1403 on: June 20, 2022, 04:23:33 PM »
Boom today?

LIVE: NASA Conducts Space Launch System (SLS) Wet Dress Rehearsal | Artemis 1 Mission
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JEhxWboSpM0
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #1404 on: June 20, 2022, 04:25:01 PM »
And there's a hydrogen leak  :facepalm:
- Calvin and Hobbes

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #1405 on: June 20, 2022, 05:00:49 PM »
When will they just ask Elon to do everything for them? 2025?
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #1406 on: June 20, 2022, 07:04:45 PM »
Go for countdown.
Note: This is not a launch
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #1407 on: June 20, 2022, 07:48:11 PM »
Countdown was suppose to go down to 0:09
Something triggered a red flag at 0:29 right after the computer handoff at 0:33.
Detanking.
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #1408 on: June 22, 2022, 05:53:09 PM »
 LAUNCHING NOW ! Ariane 5 Launch
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F_t03oaIJOE
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #1409 on: June 22, 2022, 05:56:39 PM »
 Hardly showing anything. sigh
- Calvin and Hobbes

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #1410 on: June 22, 2022, 10:24:14 PM »
Hardly showing anything. sigh

They're not real big on onboard video.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #1411 on: June 22, 2022, 10:33:42 PM »
When will they just ask Elon to do everything for them? 2025?
Tuesday.

My guess would be that they will eventually "nationalize" SpaceX in the interest of national security before he can launch his for Mars. Of course, they'll *expletive deleted*ck it all up when they do.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #1412 on: June 23, 2022, 09:16:02 AM »
SpaceX pushing on

SpaceX Rolls Out Second Starship Tower Section at Kennedy Space Center
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1zzkTY_uVZY
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #1413 on: June 23, 2022, 09:23:01 AM »
They're not real big on onboard video.

For the actual launch the camera just sat there and stared zoomed in at the smoke left by the solid rocket boosters at the pad for a long time. Oh look smoke! Then when they decided to finally show the vehicle ascending it was in small box inserted behind talking heads who acted like they had no clue what was going on.

- Calvin and Hobbes

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #1414 on: June 23, 2022, 09:40:17 AM »
For the actual launch the camera just sat there and stared zoomed in at the smoke left by the solid rocket boosters at the pad for a long time. Oh look smoke! Then when they decided to finally show the vehicle ascending it was in small box inserted behind talking heads who acted like they had no clue what was going on.

I noticed that, too.  Very strange presentation of the launch.  Not sure why Arianespace seems to be far less enthusiastic about their program than SpaceX is about theirs.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #1415 on: June 23, 2022, 12:10:39 PM »
More SpaceX

LIVE: SpaceX Rolls Out Booster 7 With 33 Raptors Installed
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ciDsg3KN6Uw
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #1416 on: June 23, 2022, 01:06:50 PM »
Spaceflight Now
@SpaceflightNow
A NASA spokesperson says the agency has declared the Space Launch System’s countdown dress rehearsals complete. After some additional testing at pad 39B, the rocket will roll back to the Vehicle Assembly Building as soon as next week for launch preps.
https://spaceflightnow.com/2022/06/22/nasa-not-planning-another-artemis-1-countdown-dress-rehearsal/
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #1417 on: June 23, 2022, 01:09:41 PM »
Place your bets.

First to orbit
A) SLS
B) SS

First to go boom
A) SLS
B) SS
- Calvin and Hobbes

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #1418 on: June 23, 2022, 01:24:56 PM »
Place your bets.

First to orbit
A) SLS
B) SS

First to go boom
A) SLS
B) SS

Hmm... Not sure.  Betting SLS will have problems, but SS might, too, due to its complexity.  If SLS goes boom, that program will shut down for a couple of years so NASA can study it to death.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #1419 on: June 23, 2022, 01:33:15 PM »
If SLS goes boom, that program will shut down for a couple of years so NASA can study it to death.

Meanwhile Elon will turn around and yell "B8 you're up!"
- Calvin and Hobbes

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #1420 on: June 23, 2022, 01:43:49 PM »
Starship has already gone boom.....four times. 

SS will also be the first to orbit.  I don't think SLS will make the planned Aug launch.

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #1421 on: June 23, 2022, 02:00:15 PM »
Hmm... Not sure.  Betting SLS will have problems, but SS might, too, due to its complexity.  If SLS goes boom, that program will shut down for a couple of years so NASA can study it to death.

Meanwhile Elon will turn around and yell "B8 you're up!"

Yup.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #1422 on: June 23, 2022, 04:10:20 PM »
Starship has already gone boom.....four times. 

But not the full stack which is what we're talking about here
- Calvin and Hobbes

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
« Reply #1423 on: June 23, 2022, 04:44:43 PM »
But not the full stack which is what we're talking about here

Big Bada Boom!

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #1424 on: June 23, 2022, 05:20:14 PM »
I'm astounded every few months how irate I get that SpaceX hasn't done anything innovative and awesome recently.

Then I remember that we were stuck the lame-ass Shuttle for 30 years, had zero human launch capacity after that, then this quirky little company came out of nowhere and started landing boosters upright, only to claim they're going to do the same thing but bigger, with the upper boosters too.  And they have really only been in the main public limelight for about 6 years, spacenerd limelight for maybe 10-12 years.  That's blazing fast in this industry.

But still, I wish the FAA would hurry up and get the hell out of the way so we can see some Starship launches, some on-orbit fuel transfer development, some docking practice between massive objects like Starship, and some experimental Moon and Mars landings.  There's an exciting future to get to.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!