Author Topic: SpaceX News  (Read 127074 times)

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
Re: SpaceX News
« Reply #1575 on: August 03, 2022, 08:41:30 PM »
The above was scrubbed due to winds

Meanwhile

Scheduled for Aug 4, 2022  A United Launch Alliance Atlas V rocket is launching the SBIRS GEO-6 mission for the United States Space Force. The launch window opens at 6:29 a.m. ET (10:29 UTC) from SLC-41, Cape Canaveral SFS, Florida.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RTmqGFa4xIo
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #1576 on: August 04, 2022, 07:13:44 AM »
Busy morning

The above ULA launch went good
So did RL's

Rocket Lab - Antipodean Adventure Launch
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ij94xGiXB5Q

And next up some morning wood from Jeff Who

Live! New Shepard NS-22 Launch
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xri6guXj1_k
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #1577 on: August 04, 2022, 10:59:18 AM »
And a SpaceX cherry on top

Falcon 9 is launching the KPLO(Korean Pathfinder Lunar Orbiter) mission for the Korea Aerospace Research Institute. The Liftoff is scheduled for 7:08 p.m. ET (23:08 UTC) from SLC-40, Cape Canaveral SFS, Florida.

SpaceX Falcon 9 Launches KPLO
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OPUUOsUeblE
- Calvin and Hobbes

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #1578 on: August 04, 2022, 07:15:44 PM »
I got to see and handle some SpaceX components being manufactured today. And some heat shield tiles for another space company. Also some remotely piloted military aircraft being constructed.

Very cool stuff.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #1579 on: August 05, 2022, 07:34:34 AM »
Think the booster almost missed the barge. Looked wonky on the way down before the video cut off and the short view we saw afterwards the booster was sitting pretty close to the the edge.
- Calvin and Hobbes

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #1580 on: August 05, 2022, 09:03:01 AM »
Lots of debris falling away from the booster when it was at about 140 KM altitude.  It didn't look like ice, and at that stage you wouldn't expect any to be left.  Looked more like chunks of insulation or wrapping material of some kind.  Never saw that before.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #1581 on: August 05, 2022, 09:12:25 AM »
Lots of debris falling away from the booster when it was at about 140 KM altitude.  It didn't look like ice, and at that stage you wouldn't expect any to be left.  Looked more like chunks of insulation or wrapping material of some kind.  Never saw that before.

I've noticed ice flakes floating away at that point before. Their appearance seems to coincide with firing of the thrusters.
Appears to be no different from earlier flights where I've noticed it.
- Calvin and Hobbes

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #1582 on: August 05, 2022, 09:18:49 AM »
I've noticed ice flakes floating away at that point before. Their appearance seems to coincide with firing of the thrusters.
Appears to be no different from earlier flights where I've noticed it.

What I saw weren't ice flakes.  They looked like long thin chunks of fabric, maybe maybe thermal insulation or piping covers, as they fell away.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #1583 on: August 05, 2022, 09:22:11 AM »
What I saw weren't ice flakes.  They looked like long thin chunks of fabric, maybe maybe thermal insulation or piping covers, as they fell away.

I thought that before before but upon closer examination they appeare to me to be thin wispy ice crystals probably formed around piping and such. When the thrusters fire they fall off due to the sudden lateral  movements.
I could be wrong.
- Calvin and Hobbes

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #1584 on: August 05, 2022, 09:23:47 AM »
At least the booster landed intact, even if a little off center.  Sixtieth consecutive successful landing they said on the feed.  Pretty nice.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #1585 on: August 05, 2022, 09:28:48 AM »
At least the booster landed intact, even if a little off center.  Sixtieth consecutive successful landing they said on the feed.  Pretty nice.

If it wasn't for that famous "Save the Seagulls" landing I think the number would be closer to 100 by now or maybe even more.
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #1586 on: August 05, 2022, 11:33:43 PM »
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #1587 on: August 06, 2022, 09:01:57 AM »
B7 at the pad but not on it.
Chopsticks had a wee bit of a problem last night https://youtu.be/3FHl3Nrsa9Y?t=724

Got the crane on B7 now getting ready to lift. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mhJRzQsLZGg
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #1588 on: August 06, 2022, 11:04:49 PM »
B7 at the pad but not on it.
Chopsticks had a wee bit of a problem last night https://youtu.be/3FHl3Nrsa9Y?t=724

Elon Musk
@elonmusk
·
20h
I love the smell of hydraulic fluid in the morning
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #1589 on: August 06, 2022, 11:09:00 PM »
If I'm reading the display right ~40 min to launch.
Who doesn't love loud Indian music while waiting?  :rofl:

SSLV-D1/EOS-02 Mission launch is scheduled for Aug 7, 2022 at 9:18 hrs IST from SDSC, Sriharikota
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m0tsABQCW1M
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #1590 on: August 07, 2022, 08:13:45 AM »
A bit of Astra news
After the last launch failure they've decided to halt launches with the current booster and proceed with a new one but that will mean no launches from them for a while.

Astra Space announced Aug. 4 it is canceling its existing small launch vehicle after its most recent failure and will focus instead on a much larger vehicle that may not be ready to fly customers until 2024.

Astra cancels Rocket 3 to focus on larger vehicle
https://spacenews.com/astra-cancels-rocket-3-to-focus-on-larger-vehicle/
« Last Edit: August 07, 2022, 08:30:45 AM by WLJ »
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #1591 on: August 07, 2022, 08:38:41 AM »
Not sure whats going on with the above Indian launch. At the last moment data feed appeared to be lost from the payload and the graph appeared to showed it not quite where they wanted it orbit wise before the live feed ended.
This is somewhat confirmed by this video. Despite the word successfully being in the title the reported towards the end does bring up there may be a problem

ISRO successfully launches SSLV as India enters the small satellite launch market | English News
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q7Rk908aLuQ

- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #1592 on: August 07, 2022, 08:40:19 AM »
And right on cue this popped up in my YT feed immediately after posting the above.

SSLV Mission: ISRO Says Satellites No More Usable as Orbit Achieved 'Less Than Expected'
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEfbBPADmcc
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #1593 on: August 08, 2022, 03:49:51 PM »
SpaceX is conducting engine testing with Super Heavy Booster 7. The vehicle currently has 20 Raptor engines installed. The exact details of the testing have not been confirmed, but the tests could include a spin prime and/or a static fire.

LIVE: SpaceX Conducts Booster 7 Engine Testing
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KufFt0JpoWw
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #1594 on: August 08, 2022, 05:46:02 PM »
Tanking both B7 & S24 at the same time.
- Calvin and Hobbes

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
« Reply #1595 on: August 08, 2022, 08:54:02 PM »
Tanking both B7 & S24 at the same time.

Germane Advertisement Meme:  "SpaceX, 24-7!"

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #1596 on: August 09, 2022, 04:19:57 PM »
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #1597 on: August 09, 2022, 06:00:15 PM »
Meanwhile

Scheduled for Aug 9, 2022  Falcon 9 is launching the Starlink 4-26 mission with 53 internet satellites onboard. Liftoff is scheduled for 6:57 p.m. ET (22:59 UTC) from LC-39A, Kennedy Space Center, Florida.

SpaceX Falcon 9 Launches Starlink 4-26 Mission
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9_C13sMFPq8
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #1598 on: August 09, 2022, 06:11:26 PM »
Mary got an over pressure warning so appears there will be a static fire
10 minute sirens just sounded
 [popcorn]

Note: Only (only) R2s on the booster at the moment
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #1599 on: August 09, 2022, 06:46:13 PM »
Single R2 test

Starlink launch has been delayed a couple of hours
- Calvin and Hobbes