Author Topic: SpaceX News  (Read 129882 times)

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
Re: SpaceX News
« Reply #1675 on: September 05, 2022, 08:47:09 AM »
What if the Chinese land a Chinese woman first?

Asians are white now remember
Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #1676 on: September 05, 2022, 08:53:13 AM »

Only when it's politically convenient for the libs.
If they're the victim they're a POC
If they're the villain they're white.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2022, 09:17:39 AM by WLJ »
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #1677 on: September 05, 2022, 08:57:44 AM »
Meanwhile back on target

Certainly looks like they're NOT taking the day off at SX

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mhJRzQsLZGg
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #1678 on: September 05, 2022, 10:15:50 AM »
Another day..uh night at the office for SpaceX
Bullseye on the landing barge

Starlink Mission
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NONM-xsKMSs

SpaceX is making this look easy.  Given the frequency and cadence of launches by SpaceX, it's just a matter of time before they suffer a failure during boost phase.  I think it will be interesting to see the difference in how SpaceX handles a failure in an established program versus what NASA does.
NASA usually shuts down further launches of vehicles that suffer a problem and studies things for months or even years.  I'm betting SpaceX will postpone further launches for a couple or three weeks, find the problem and fix it if necessary, then get back on the launch schedule.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #1679 on: September 06, 2022, 08:28:58 AM »
 :laugh:
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #1680 on: September 06, 2022, 10:57:07 AM »
SpaceX is making this look easy.  Given the frequency and cadence of launches by SpaceX, it's just a matter of time before they suffer a failure during boost phase.  I think it will be interesting to see the difference in how SpaceX handles a failure in an established program versus what NASA does.
NASA usually shuts down further launches of vehicles that suffer a problem and studies things for months or even years.  I'm betting SpaceX will postpone further launches for a couple or three weeks, find the problem and fix it if necessary, then get back on the launch schedule.

At this point, Falcon 9 Block 5 might be the most fired and most reliable rocket on the planet.  It has surpassed Atlas V in that regard, but I'm not familiar enough with Soyuz' various evolutions and forms to say it has surpassed that platform as well.

It is the lowest cost platform ever to launch either unmanned payload or manned vehicles.  It has a sufficient cadence and backlog that in the event of a failure it is fairly easy to swap a lower priority/criticality payload onto the next flight in order to prove that a fix is viable to solve the previous problem.

Add to that the fact that they have had the opportunity to examine landed boosters, something never before done with any other rocket, and inspect both engines and superstructure for wear and fatigue, and it is easy to see why the Block 5 iteration is the most reliable rocket in world history.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #1681 on: September 06, 2022, 11:49:30 AM »
Over pressure notice down at BC
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #1682 on: September 08, 2022, 11:25:11 AM »
Tank farm activity and over pressure notice

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mhJRzQsLZGg
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #1683 on: September 08, 2022, 12:23:28 PM »
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #1684 on: September 08, 2022, 01:48:51 PM »
NASA announced they working toward Sept 23 for a SLS launch
- Calvin and Hobbes

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #1685 on: September 08, 2022, 02:02:00 PM »
It would be funny if NASA landed someone on the moon and they blurted out "The First Man on the Moon!". 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #1686 on: September 08, 2022, 02:07:02 PM »
The First ey on the Moon
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #1687 on: September 08, 2022, 05:39:35 PM »
S24 static fire set fire to the grass around the pad area

- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #1688 on: September 08, 2022, 05:43:41 PM »
Set a dumpster on fire

- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #1689 on: September 08, 2022, 05:45:19 PM »
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #1690 on: September 08, 2022, 05:46:56 PM »
- Calvin and Hobbes

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #1691 on: September 08, 2022, 07:10:06 PM »
Pretty good grass fire they got going there.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
« Reply #1692 on: September 08, 2022, 09:37:23 PM »
Fire response test in progress, please stand by.   :laugh:

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #1693 on: September 08, 2022, 09:39:43 PM »
Still burning
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #1694 on: September 08, 2022, 09:55:15 PM »
- Calvin and Hobbes

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
« Reply #1695 on: September 09, 2022, 12:47:39 AM »

On the bright side, the field wont catch fire again any time soon.  :cool:

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #1696 on: September 09, 2022, 10:07:50 AM »

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #1697 on: September 10, 2022, 06:03:14 PM »
Scheduled for Sep 10, 2022  Falcon 9 is launching the Starlink 4-2 mission with 34 internet satellites and AST SpaceMobile's BlueWalker 3 communications satellite onboard. Liftoff is scheduled for 9:10 p.m. ET (01:10 UTC) from LC-39A, Kennedy Space Center, Florida.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ad7CraPir8o
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #1698 on: September 11, 2022, 01:04:45 PM »
SpaceX again making it look like just another day at the office

Meanwhile
Another startup is going for their 2nd try

Scheduled for Sep 11, 2022  Firefly Aerospace is the next private rocket company that aims to achieve orbit with its second launch attempt of their brand new Alpha launch vehicle. Alpha will lift off from Vandenberg Space Force Base, USA, and targets a 300 km low Earth orbit (LEO), in which it will deploy multiple payloads. On board of the FLTA002 To The Black mission will be multiple CubeSats and PicoSats, with most of them being copies of satellites that were lost during the failure of Firefly’s FLTA001 DREAM launch.

[4K] Watch Firefly's Second Orbital Launch Attempt Of Their Alpha Rocket!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hEbhlxF29BM
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #1699 on: September 11, 2022, 09:12:03 PM »
The current NASA project has been, so far, a swing and two (Arte)mis-ses
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.