Author Topic: Joe Manchin  (Read 2403 times)

PEfarmer

• friends
Re: Joe Manchin
« Reply #25 on: December 20, 2021, 01:12:15 PM »
While he would be a terrible republican (maybe worse than Pierre Delicto), it would give me a big case of the smiles if the scorched earth reply of Psaki, Bernie, et al was the final push Manchin needed to pull a Jeffords and switch parties.  I think the begging of Breyer to retire might slow down a bit.  While we like to call republicans the stupid party, and it's usually a well earned appellation, the dems are pretty dim bulbs these days themselves.

Kingcreek

• friend
« Reply #26 on: December 20, 2021, 02:30:25 PM »
So is anybody referring to him as a DINO yet?
What we have here is failure to communicate.

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #27 on: December 20, 2021, 05:20:51 PM »
Meh.  When the Democrats tweak the BBB a little and start pushing it again after the first of the year, I'm sure Manchin will suddenly find the bill to be acceptable and vote for it.  "I was against it before I was for it."
Very few politicritters are truly accountable to their constituents.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #28 on: December 20, 2021, 05:33:06 PM »
Joe Manchin did not kill himself
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #29 on: December 22, 2021, 08:52:25 PM »
Apparently Manchin is now a racist white supremacist who wants black people to die.
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #30 on: December 23, 2021, 05:37:49 AM »
Mitch McConnell apparently said to a news reporter yesterday that Manchin would be a lot more comfortable on the Right side of the aisle...
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #31 on: December 23, 2021, 09:21:58 AM »
Mitch McConnell apparently said to a news reporter yesterday that Manchin would be a lot more comfortable on the Right side of the aisle...

He and other Republicans have been saying this for a while.  And Manchin has repeatedly said he has no intention of switching parties.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #32 on: December 23, 2021, 11:57:47 AM »

How many R's are to the left of Manchin?  More than a couple I think.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #33 on: December 23, 2021, 11:59:59 AM »
He would have no power as an R. Just another vote of a squish. Better to be an independent and vote on either side as the mood suited.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.