Author Topic: Android and Google  (Read 5205 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Re: Android and Google
« Reply #50 on: January 11, 2021, 03:55:07 PM »
Entertainingly, the backup doesn't work for me, but https://ar15.com still does.

ETA: the tab at the top says "AR15-backup" so maybe there's some sort of blind redirect going on.

Does not work for me. They may be in the middle of something migration-wise that's turning them on and off.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #51 on: January 11, 2021, 04:05:58 PM »
The twitter account that LennyJoe quoted says:

Some folks are still connecting to our servers from our normal http://ar15.com domain, but that's going to end eventually. DNS will eventually stop looking up the correct location of the server.

Bookmark our backup URL - https://ar15-backup.com Left pointing backhand index

So I guess that's what I'm getting.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #52 on: January 11, 2021, 04:08:14 PM »
The twitter account that LennyJoe quoted says:

So I guess that's what I'm getting.

Clicking the latter works for me, but it takes me to a weirdo page with accept/cancel options.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #53 on: January 11, 2021, 04:09:53 PM »
What about us here, TFL or THR?

Any danger of us getting dumped?
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

fifth_column

• friend
« Reply #54 on: January 11, 2021, 04:10:44 PM »
Clicking the latter works for me, but it takes me to a weirdo page with accept/cancel options.

Scroll down
Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and it never will... The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress. ― Frederick Douglass

No American citizen should be willing to accept a government that uses its power against its own people.  -  Catherine Engelbrecht

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #55 on: January 11, 2021, 04:14:39 PM »
Scroll down

Oh.  :facepalm:  :laugh:

Still some wonky stuff though.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #57 on: January 11, 2021, 04:36:58 PM »
What about us here, TFL or THR?

Any danger of us getting dumped?

Supposedly APS is hosted somewhere 2A dedicated.

Doesn't matter if ICANN or the upstream ISP (AT&T, ComCast, Level 3, Cogent, etc) decide to shut off routing to your IP, or delist your DNS.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

zxcvbob

• friend
"It's good, though..."

RoadKingLarry

• friends
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #61 on: January 11, 2021, 05:02:34 PM »
Pretty biased reporting by The Hill on this one.

like this?
It also follows Wednesday's deadly, Trump-inspired insurrection at the U.S. Capitol that left five people dead.
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #62 on: January 11, 2021, 05:37:25 PM »
Google doesn't have to own a particular server service to mess with them, all they have to do is threaten to remove from search results from google any links pointing to that server including retailers if they don't do as goggle wants them to. There some lawsuits over this a few years ago where IIRC google basically said "And? What are you going to about it?" and the lawsuits as far as I know disappeared.
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #63 on: January 11, 2021, 05:39:32 PM »
Supposedly APS is hosted somewhere 2A dedicated.

Doesn't matter if ICANN or the upstream ISP (AT&T, ComCast, Level 3, Cogent, etc) decide to shut off routing to your IP, or delist your DNS.

Our problem, IMO, is that we are hosted on the same servers as Calguns. While we're a little fish nobody knows about, Calguns is as big as arfcom, and we could always be sucked down in the undertow if the Calguns ship gets sunk.

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #64 on: January 11, 2021, 05:43:51 PM »
As I just posted on The Firing Line, I cannot open TFL in the edge browser on my company laptop because it is blocked (chrome and presumably firefox work just fine) That's even at home on my own network and the VPN is not running. That started before last week; I don't know when.  So somebody knows about TFL and has them on a shitlist even tho' no political talk is allowed there and discussion of anything even remotely illegal (even if it shouldn't be) gets shut down immediately.
"It's good, though..."

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
« Reply #65 on: January 11, 2021, 05:46:06 PM »
As I just posted on The Firing Line, I cannot open TFL in the edge browser on my company laptop because it is blocked (chrome and presumably firefox work just fine) That's even at home on my own network and the VPN is not running. That started before last week; I don't know when.  So somebody knows about TFL and has them on a shitlist even tho' no political talk is allowed there and discussion of anything even remotely illegal (even if it shouldn't be) gets shut down immediately.

You will never pass their purity test.  You are their enemy and they have declared war on you.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #66 on: January 11, 2021, 06:57:21 PM »
The filing also claims that BuzzFeed posted its story on Parler being kicked of Amazon’s servers over an hour-and-a-half before Parler itself received an email from Amazon, “meaning AWS leaked the letter to BuzzFeed before sending it to Parler.”

https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2021/01/11/dana-loesch-is-twitter-exploiting-the-capitol-riot-to-off-a-competitor/

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #67 on: January 11, 2021, 08:13:33 PM »
Gab getting nuked in 10,9,8,7............

For months we have been backing up every reply to Donald Trump’s tweets. We call this project the Liberal Hate Machine.

It conducts sentiment analysis to detect threats of violence, slurs, and more.

There’s A LOT.

It’s searchable too.

Stay tuned. 😎

— Gab.com (@getongab) January 10, 2021

‘Tick tock libs’: Gab unveils its project called the Liberal Hate Machine compiling threats, slurs, and more
https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2021/01/11/tick-tock-libs-gab-unveils-its-project-called-the-liberal-hate-machine-compiling-threats-slurs-and-more/
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #68 on: January 11, 2021, 08:15:52 PM »
It remains unclear specifically what content allegedly violated the registrar’s terms of service. However, I am happy to report that we have found a new, First Amendment-friendly site registrar and we have begun the process of transitioning AR15.com to the new registrar.

We expect the switchover to take up to 5 days. During that time, our famous “AR15.com” URL will not be usable. Once the switchover is complete, AR15.com will be fully restored to normal function.

AR15.com’s Backup Site is Live, Switching to First Amendment-Friendly Site Registrar
https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/ar15-coms-backup-site-is-live-switching-to-first-amendment-friendly-site-registrar/
- Calvin and Hobbes

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
« Reply #69 on: January 12, 2021, 12:20:27 AM »
Gab getting nuked in 10,9,8,7............

‘Tick tock libs’: Gab unveils its project called the Liberal Hate Machine compiling threats, slurs, and more
https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2021/01/11/tick-tock-libs-gab-unveils-its-project-called-the-liberal-hate-machine-compiling-threats-slurs-and-more/

Also Known As:  So you want to play the doxing game?  We can play the doxing game too.

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #70 on: January 12, 2021, 12:35:24 AM »

"I make love to men daily, but in the imagination."
                         - Barack Obama

Blakenzy

• friend
« Reply #71 on: January 12, 2021, 06:21:11 AM »
"Knowledge will forever govern ignorance, and a people who mean to be their own governors, must arm themselves with the power knowledge gives. A popular government without popular information or the means of acquiring it, is but a prologue to a farce or a tragedy or perhaps both"

Lennyjoe

• friend
« Reply #72 on: January 12, 2021, 07:59:18 AM »
Rumor has it Parler found a new host and should be back up shortly

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #73 on: January 17, 2021, 07:42:29 PM »
Parler is back . . . sort of:

https://www.theepochtimes.com/parlers-website-back-online-with-a-message-from-its-ceo_3660235.html

Nothing on parler.com except a blurb about "technical difficulties" and a very brief message from John Matze.  Looks like a placeholder.
"I make love to men daily, but in the imagination."
                         - Barack Obama

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #74 on: February 07, 2021, 10:06:28 AM »
Gateway Pundit now permabanned on Twitter.

https://www.theepochtimes.com/twitter-permanently-suspends-the-gateway-pundit-account_3687947.html

In other news, Trump is looking at starting a social media platform. He might just be doing Trump talk, but it would be fun to see. Hopefully he would use offshore servers.

https://www.theepochtimes.com/trump-mulling-whether-to-launch-own-social-media-platform-says-jason-miller_3687925.html