Author Topic: China to nationalize Alibaba  (Read 589 times)

Viking

• ❤︎ Fuck around & find out ❤︎
  • friend
  • Carnist Bloodmouth
China to nationalize Alibaba
« on: January 12, 2021, 04:24:19 AM »
https://www.ibtimes.sg/china-ccp-nationalize-jack-mas-alibaba-ant-group-54444

Sidenote, Alibaba's owner Jack Ma "disappeared" a short while ago after criticizing the Chinese government.
“The modern world will not be punished. It is the punishment.” — Nicolás Gómez Dávila

dogmush

• friend
Re: China to nationalize Alibaba
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2021, 04:36:19 AM »
I wonder what that will mean for the stockholders.  Do they still get to vote on board members?  What constraints will the board have to work under?

China is Communist,  but wants that sweet capitalist lucre,  and are not sure how to balance that yet.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2021, 01:20:35 PM »
I wonder what that will mean for the stockholders. 
Maybe they get a notice from the CCP that they're in the PLA now . . .
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2021, 09:38:13 AM »
Every time I read the headline I read it as China to nationalize Albania...
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2021, 03:48:01 PM »
Guess Jack Ma is dead.

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2021, 03:50:08 PM »
Most Ali Baba stuff was already low quality.  Given that the US Government can't even run a Reno whore house to make a profit, what makes anyone think the ChiComs can run Ali Baba with any reputation for quality or customer service?
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!