Armed Polite Society

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

R.I.P. Scout26

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: NRA files for bankruptcy protection  (Read 930 times)

Hawkmoon

• friend
Re: NRA files for bankruptcy protection
« Reply #25 on: January 20, 2021, 11:09:57 AM »

Wasn't it Texas where Wayne wanted the NRA to purchase a mansion for him? Maybe there's more to this Texas thing than simply trying to get out from under the purview of the State of New York.

Companies do strange things. A couple of decades ago, the major company in the automotive parts industry relocated its corporate headquarters (not the state where it's legally incorporated, the physical headquarters) from Texas to Connecticut. The company bought a former private school in Greenwich, Connecticut, and spent many millions of dollars renovating it to the CEO's specifications. From any logical, business perspective the move made zero sense.

Come to find out, the CEO's wife was a horsewoman. Not into rodeos or barrel racing, she was big into the hoity-toity riding and showing circus, and she felt that Greenwich was THE place to be for that sort of thing. So the CEO talked the board of directors into uprooting the entire corporate HQ, spending millions of dollars, putting 'X' number of people in Texas out of work -- all so he and his wife could live in Greenwich.

That was in 1995. Just four years later -- 1999 -- the company split and the corporate headquarters was moved to Illinois. But the CEO retired, so he and his wife were able to continue to live in Greenwich.

WLJ

• friends
  • I am not a cat
« Reply #26 on: January 22, 2021, 10:31:36 AM »

This my shocked face

New York Court Denies Motion to Dismiss NY Attorney Generalís Lawsuit Against the NRA
https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/new-york-court-denies-motion-to-dismiss-ny-attorney-generals-lawsuit-against-the-nra/
Never Underestimate The Power Of The Stupid Side

WLJ

• friends
  • I am not a cat
« Reply #27 on: January 22, 2021, 03:16:49 PM »

In the video
The bankruptcy filing may get tossed out since they filed it in Texas and not NY
One of the NRA's largest donors is filing suit to block the bankruptcy filing because he wants Wayne to face the music in NY

NRA Bankruptcy Filing In Trouble
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nWw0YIs3XX0

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
« Reply #28 on: January 22, 2021, 04:48:46 PM »

In the video
The bankruptcy filing may get tossed out since they filed it in Texas and not NY
One of the NRA's largest donors is filing suit to block the bankruptcy filing because he wants Wayne to face the music in NY

NRA Bankruptcy Filing In Trouble
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nWw0YIs3XX0

Wayne deserves it.

Andiron

• friend
« Reply #29 on: January 22, 2021, 06:48:18 PM »

I've wanted to see the NRA and Wayne face a reckoning for a while,  but this is absolutely garbage timing.
"Leftism destroys everything good." -  Ron

Iím not blinded by hate. I hate because Iím not blind

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
« Reply #30 on: January 23, 2021, 02:08:32 AM »

I've wanted to see the NRA and Wayne face a reckoning for a while,  but this is absolutely garbage timing.

You're right, it should have happened decades ago.  But as it is killing the NRA now is better than letting them continue stabbing us in the back. 

Declaring it garbage timing only serves to help the NRA by implying we should give them some slack right now; is that what you are suggesting?

Andiron

• friend
« Reply #31 on: January 23, 2021, 09:03:29 AM »

You're right, it should have happened decades ago.  But as it is killing the NRA now is better than letting them continue stabbing us in the back. 

Declaring it garbage timing only serves to help the NRA by implying we should give them some slack right now; is that what you are suggesting?

Oh hell no, and I've been pilloried on this forum before for saying the NRA needs razed and rebuilt.   

Got a text from a lefty family member crowing about the "destruction" of the NRA  (She didn't actually read the article,  just saw "bankruptcy" and assumed).  They think it's Christmas again.  A successful coup and the end of a hated enemy?  They're pleased as punch,  and I hate it.  That's what I meant.

I actually think the NRA's troubles come at a good time.  The majority of the membership obviously isn't paying attention, maybe this will wake them up.
"Leftism destroys everything good." -  Ron

Iím not blinded by hate. I hate because Iím not blind

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #32 on: January 23, 2021, 09:56:21 AM »

I actually think the NRA's troubles come at a good time.  The majority of the membership obviously isn't paying attention, maybe this will wake them up.

And some percentage of the membership is rooting for their overhaul.  Like me.

I agree that it is better to have the NRA crash now, under Biden, then crash under a pro-gun president where they won't actually learn their lesson.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
« Reply #33 on: January 23, 2021, 03:43:41 PM »

Oh hell no, and I've been pilloried on this forum before for saying the NRA needs razed and rebuilt.   

Got a text from a lefty family member crowing about the "destruction" of the NRA  (She didn't actually read the article,  just saw "bankruptcy" and assumed).  They think it's Christmas again.  A successful coup and the end of a hated enemy?  They're pleased as punch,  and I hate it.  That's what I meant.

Ah, thank you.  Let us pray they do wake up.

brimic

• friends
« Reply #34 on: January 23, 2021, 04:03:23 PM »

yay?
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

WLJ

• friends
  • I am not a cat
« Reply #35 on: February 16, 2021, 07:10:07 PM »

For a company filing bankruptcy they sure are spending money

NRA Bankruptcy Details...WOW!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NYKMy3uoSmE

NRA Reveals Assets From Charlton Heston Statue to Range Rover in Latest Bankruptcy Filing
https://freebeacon.com/guns/nra-reveals-assets-from-charlton-heston-statue-to-range-rover-in-latest-bankruptcy-filing/

Pages: 1 [2]