Author Topic: R.I.P. USA  (Read 1017 times)

Hawkmoon

• friend
R.I.P. USA
« on: January 16, 2021, 08:56:31 PM »
I guess we knew this was inevitable: https://archive.fo/XPqHZ

With 11 million more loyal Democrats, the two party system (as woefully inadequate as it was) is dead in the United States.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
Re: R.I.P. USA
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2021, 09:01:46 PM »
Meanwhile many of those who went through the trouble of doing it the legal way are going to be a bit upset.
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2021, 10:34:59 PM »
I sincerely hope so.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2021, 08:50:59 AM »
I'm watching video of these caravans on their way up. I'm seeing 90% what appears to be single men. Also a good bit of violence as they overrun southern border control points.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2021, 08:59:27 AM »
You are witnessing the death of a republic from old age.  They symptoms can be treated, decline can be slowed on occasion, but in the end the Reaper cannot be denied.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2021, 09:47:50 AM »
You are witnessing the death of a republic from old age.  They symptoms can be treated, decline can be slowed on occasion, but in the end the Reaper cannot be denied.

Disagree.  It is dying from economic vampirism and cultural sabotage.

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2021, 10:49:19 AM »
Disagree.  It is dying from economic vampirism and cultural sabotage.

It's dying from excessive enfranchisement.

The vote needs to work like stock in any corporation.  A function of your say being proportional to investment.  You get one vote for each dollar paid in taxes.  If you don't pay fed taxes, you don't get to vote for fed issues, but maybe you still paid state/local taxes and get to vote for those.

A lot of you guys are veterans and would consider enlistment a form of investment.  I'd offer that an active duty vote is weighted as his gross pay.  If he makes $30k, he gets $30k worth of say.  That's on par with someone making a solid six figures in the private economy.  Once you're out, you're the same as everyone else, unless you exited with a disability, then you get 1.5 times your tax dollars in vote weight.

Fairy tales and fantasies, obviously.  But worth voicing.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2021, 12:44:35 PM »
All republics eventually die, none last forever.  I read recently that the average lifespan of a republic is around 250 years.  If that's true, the USA had a pretty decent run.
All of the things mentioned above about what is killing the country are but symptoms of the end of life.  Those are among the many things that manifest themselves as a republic dies.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2021, 05:09:51 PM »
There has been corruption in D.C. probably since the beginning.  The govt has gotten bigger and the corruption has expanded with it.  Probably should never have allowed the income tax. 

Not the only issue, but a big one.  I have reflected on the types of decisions the upper management in my company makes.  It seems to me that nearly all of them revolve around taxes and liability. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2021, 05:16:57 PM »
There has been corruption in D.C. probably since the beginning.  The govt has gotten bigger and the corruption has expanded with it.  Probably should never have allowed the income tax. 

Not the only issue, but a big one.  I have reflected on the types of decisions the upper management in my company makes.  It seems to me that nearly all of them revolve around taxes and liability. 

The power to tax is the power to enslave and destroy.  This was one of several perversions of our federal government that happened in 1913.

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2021, 08:02:02 AM »
I'm watching video of these caravans on their way up. I'm seeing 90% what appears to be single men. Also a good bit of violence as they overrun southern border control points.

Here come the new Americans to save the republic

https://twitter.com/RMendezRuiz/status/1350549147313700875
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2021, 08:41:53 AM »
Anonymous senior Biden transition official tells NBC News the migrant caravan won’t be allowed in
https://twitchy.com/gregp-3534/2021/01/17/anonymous-senior-biden-transition-official-tells-nbc-news-the-migrant-caravan-wont-be-allowed-in/

Well, immediately

The senior Biden transition official, who spoke on the condition of anonymity, said those who have been waiting at the border, along with other vulnerable populations, will be a priority for processing and entry, rather than those who have recently arrived.

The official said migrants attempting to cross into the U.S. to claim asylum in the first few weeks of the new administration “need to understand they’re not going to be able to come into the United States immediately.”
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes