Author Topic: Just when I think it can't get any nuttier, Oregon democrats say 'hold my beer..  (Read 1429 times)

AmbulanceDriver

• Junior Rocketeer
  • friends
https://legiscan.com/or/text/hb2238/id/2235373

No, that's not a bill that will be ripe for overreach and wide open to abuse at all!!!

(sorry for slagging everyone's sarcasm detector with that last sentence).

Every day I get more and more tempted to leave this state.    [barf]
Are you a cook, or a RIFLEMAN?  Find out at Appleseed!

http://www.appleseedinfo.org

"For some many people, attempting to process a logical line of thought brings up the blue screen of death." -Blakenzy

MechAg94

• friend
Not wanting to read the whole thing, is that saying they can seize whatever they want without compensation during time of emergency?
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
Not wanting to read the whole thing, is that saying they can seize whatever they want without compensation during time of emergency?

Well we are in the mist of a Race Inequally Crises according to Biden so......
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends

Possibly including labor??!!??
Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

sumpnz

• friend

Only if seized temporarily.  Of course, temporary can be a fairly loose term.

Hawkmoon

• friend

That appears to be the gist of it.

On its face, the bill seems to have some serious conflicts with that musty old Constitution the liberals keep wanting to convince us is obsolete. Something about an amendment, or something like that. Oh, let's just pick one -- how about the 5th?

...  nor shall private property be taken for public use, without just compensation.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Fjolnirsson

• friends
  • The Anti-Claus
And yes, it certainly appears to legalize slavery temporarily during an emergency.
Hi.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
Seems like the same provisions as in the old federal Patriot Act ca ~2005? If I recall correctly, under a declaration of an emergency by a committee comprised of the President, House Speaker, Vice President, etc., it made the President a total dictator with no restrictions.

Anyhow, it would have been nice to have at least a bullet list of its provisions.

WLJ

• friends
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
...  nor shall private property be taken for public use, without just compensation.

They'll gladly give you $50 back of what you paid in taxes for that $2,000 EBR and if you disagree they'll take it anyway and you can forget all about that $50.
- Calvin and Hobbes

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
Fair market value.

If it's illegal to sell, it has no fair market value.

Therefore, $zero.

PEfarmer

• friends
I see your hb2238 and raise you sb619: cash reparations from the state to any black person who can document slavery in their ancestry. $123000 lifetime annuity. These people are batshit crazy.

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
I see your hb2238 and raise you sb619: cash reparations from the state to any black person who can document slavery in their ancestry. $123000 lifetime annuity. These people are batshit crazy.

I identify as a black descendent of slaves.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!

Biden just killed the 1776 initiative, and has reinstituted mandatory critical race theory for fed.gov.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

HankB

• friend
Biden just killed the 1776 initiative, and has reinstituted mandatory critical race theory for fed.gov.
Biden's nominee for Transportation secretary, Pete Buttigieg, apparently has racist highways in his sights.

https://www.gopusa.com/biden-administration-may-target-racist-highways/

(Maybe he was triggered when he heard the highway surfaces were called Blacktop.)
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

MechAg94

• friend
So when they say "destroy the racist highway", do they mean remove the portion through that neighborhood or the entire highway even outside the city?

A better plan might be to require eminent domain to pay double or more the property value when seizing land.  Then all the influencial guys would be lobbying to get the highway run through their property. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

WLJ

• friends

(Maybe he was triggered when he heard the highway surfaces were called Blacktop.)

Highways of Color Tops
- Calvin and Hobbes

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
Double post again.  Sorry.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2021, 11:13:21 PM by 230RN »

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
So when they say "destroy the racist highway", do they mean remove the portion through that neighborhood or the entire highway even outside the city?

A better plan might be to require eminent domain to pay double or more the property value when seizing land.  Then all the influencial guys would be lobbying to get the highway run through their property.]/b] 

Like.  Won't steal it, but I like it.