Author Topic: Executive Orders  (Read 3282 times)

HankB

• friend
Re: Executive Orders
« Reply #25 on: January 28, 2021, 12:21:29 PM »
Have we confirmed there's an earpiece?
Some tech-savvy people should do an EM spectrum scan whenever Joe is in public . . .

(Wouldn't it be a hoot to find the frequency and have someone else put words in Joe's mouth?  >:D )
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #26 on: January 28, 2021, 04:02:43 PM »
Or just jam the signal.
  :O
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
« Reply #27 on: January 28, 2021, 06:16:53 PM »
Or just jam the signal.
  :O

"China is the new superpower and america just has to get used to it."  Nah, too close to his normal BS.

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #28 on: January 28, 2021, 06:26:26 PM »
Nah, too close to his normal BS.

Yeah, like, how do you know, normal Joe vs. earbud Joe?
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

JN01

• friend
« Reply #29 on: January 28, 2021, 10:06:12 PM »
Not that I'd heard.  I'm guessing there'd be other, much more discreet, methods of piping hints to Joe.   Bone conduction?  Or "that's a hearing aide, like Ronald Reagan had."

Maybe a wi-fi speaker inside his empty skull.

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #30 on: January 29, 2021, 07:29:00 AM »
Maybe a wi-fi speaker inside his empty skull.

I think Ol' Joe is more of a "two tin cans and a string" kind of guy.  His head counts as a tin can.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #31 on: January 29, 2021, 08:25:11 AM »
Headline I saw this morning " Democrats want Biden to be the Dictator they said Trump was".

Another  article I read was about a little unnoticed EO that will unleash the regulatory state, streamlining their ability to regulate without oversight, "Modernizing regulatory review".

Better buckle up, going to get rough.
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #32 on: January 29, 2021, 10:12:10 AM »
Up to 40 EOs in 9 days, and still signing away.

I will laugh if we are lucky enough to get another non-establishment R in 2024 or 2028, who immediately signs an equal number of EOs cancelling 46's EOs, then doubles down and signs like 50 more to push his agenda. Same with court packing. If 46 puts in 5 new justices, then the new guy puts in 10.

We can still have some fun while the Republic crumbles.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #33 on: January 29, 2021, 10:18:17 AM »
Joe Biden is putting the Joe back in Stalin
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
« Reply #34 on: January 29, 2021, 11:19:16 AM »

E.O. Joe
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

JTHunter

• friends
« Reply #35 on: January 30, 2021, 05:42:15 PM »
I think Ol' Joe is more of a "two tin cans and a string" kind of guy.  His head counts as a tin can.

Have you ever watched an old movie called "The President's Analyst"?  >:D
“I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted.  The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

Lennyjoe

• friend
« Reply #36 on: January 31, 2021, 09:32:15 PM »
So I’m wondering, is Joe making his mark via EO’s before something happens, like him stepping down, or something more sinister?  Something smells fishy...

Or am I buying into the conspiracy theory junk?

JTHunter

• friends
« Reply #37 on: February 02, 2021, 10:21:37 PM »
So I’m wondering, is Joe making his mark via EO’s before something happens, like him stepping down, or something more sinister?  Something smells fishy...

It isn't "conspiracy" if it ends up happening.  That might be "precognition" (aka "Minority Report") or just realizing how despicable and treacherous these people have shown themselves to be.
“I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted.  The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #38 on: February 02, 2021, 10:24:17 PM »
What's the count now?
I remember Trump was a dictator for 4
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

JTHunter

• friends
« Reply #39 on: February 02, 2021, 11:27:48 PM »
What's the count now?
I remember Trump was a dictator for 4

IIRC, it is now over 40.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #40 on: February 03, 2021, 07:04:50 AM »
At some point, he's going to issue an executive order for which he has no authority - maybe he already has - and the level of political rhetoric will be notched up another level or two.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #41 on: February 03, 2021, 05:15:39 PM »
At some point, he's going to issue an executive order for which he has no authority - maybe he already has - and the level of political rhetoric will be notched up another level or two.

Never seemed to impede Obama.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #42 on: February 03, 2021, 05:46:22 PM »

Oh, come on.   Who hasn't thought the D.s have had some plot in the works, since at least the disaster of a primary season and convention?
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
« Reply #43 on: February 16, 2021, 07:03:50 PM »
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.