Author Topic: NRA sued over Tree of Life shooting  (Read 594 times)

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
NRA sued over Tree of Life shooting
« on: January 26, 2021, 07:46:33 PM »
"the gun lobby radicalized accused shooter Robert Bowers with “white supremacist conspiracy theories.”"  :facepalm:

Colt is included in the lawsuit.
In a sane world this would be tossed out but we're not living in a sane world are we?

A man whose parents were killed in the 2018 Tree of Life synagogue massacre has sued the National Rifle Association, claiming the gun lobby radicalized accused shooter Robert Bowers with “white supremacist conspiracy theories.”

Marc Simon, the son of Bernice and Sylvan Simon, filed the lawsuit Thursday. It names as defendants the NRA, the gun maker Colt’s Manufacturing, indicted shooter [scumbag’s name redacted] and the unnamed company that sold [scumbag’s name redacted] the AR-15 used in the attack.

Eleven worshippers were killed in the Oct. 27, 2018, attack in Squirrel Hill.

“[Scumbag’s name redacted] was not born fearing and hating Jews,” attorneys wrote in the lawsuit. “The gun lobby taught him to do that.”

Son of Tree of Life Murder Victims Sues…the National Rifle Association?
https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/son-of-tree-of-life-murder-victims-sues-the-national-rifle-association/

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
Re: NRA sued over Tree of Life shooting
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2021, 08:11:48 PM »
Son of Tree of Life Murder Victims Sues…the National Rifle Association?
https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/son-of-tree-of-life-murder-victims-sues-the-national-rifle-association/

So we can sue the auto club for drunk drivers?  Or sue the liquor lobby?  Or both?
"I make love to men daily, but in the imagination."
                         - Barack Obama

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2021, 09:15:50 PM »
Don't forget the car manufacturer.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2021, 09:21:28 PM »
“[Scumbag’s name redacted] was not born fearing and hating Jews,” attorneys wrote in the lawsuit. “The gun lobby taught him to do that.”
Can they cite any antisemitic stuff coming from the gun lobby?  I really doubt it.  I guess it depends on how anti-gun the judge is.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2021, 10:00:28 PM »
This is why I don't listen to anything political anymore. It's like news from a foreign country. No, it's like news from an alternate reality.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife