Author Topic: Packing the Supreme Court  (Read 1122 times)

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
Packing the Supreme Court
« on: January 28, 2021, 08:56:58 PM »
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

Lennyjoe

• friend
Re: Packing the Supreme Court
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2021, 12:54:43 PM »
He'll pack with his guys/gals and the next Repub will one up with his/hers and before you know it the SCOTUS will be the size of Congress.  Makes no damn sense.

JN01

• friend
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2021, 01:38:23 AM »
He'll pack with his guys/gals and the next Repub will one up with his/hers and before you know it the SCOTUS will be the size of Congress.  Makes no damn sense.

Once they have established one party rule, there will never be another Republican President.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2021, 09:14:08 AM »
Once they have established one party rule, there will never be another Republican President.

I just read the latest bill the new congress is introducing, on "universal mail-in ballots" with automatic voter registration. If that goes through, your statement will be true sooner rather than later.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2021, 01:39:15 PM »
^^^Washington state has had this for decades.  Motor voter registration (getting a drivers license registers you to vote, or you can register separately) plus mail in ballots only.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2021, 07:12:22 AM »
^^^Washington state has had this for decades.  Motor voter registration (getting a drivers license registers you to vote, or you can register separately) plus mail in ballots only.

Is this supposed to contradict or confirm his prediction?

Because it seems to confirm it.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

tokugawa

• friend
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2021, 11:32:52 AM »

I pulled this off  another site-

December 2004, Washington State
Closest Gubernatorial Race in History Decided
Christine Gregoire "D" became Governor by 133 votes after two recounts.

Ballots kept being "discovered".

April 2005, Washington State
Election Reforms, Vote by Mail Option became Law
Election reforms passed as a result of the close Gubernatorial Race of 2004. For example, voters voting at the polls were required to show ID, and election administrators were provided additional time to process ballots after a general election. In addition, counties were given the option of conducting elections entirely by mail, resulting in more than two- thirds of the counties switching to this method of voting.

And we have not a had a R governor since. Like California, the entire voting system has been captured.

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2021, 11:08:43 PM »
Like this is going any where.  I give better odds on that snowball I keep hearing about

Constitutional Amendment Submitted To Prevent Packing Supreme Court
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tH9grQ8vP34

https://www.congress.gov/bill/117th-congress/senate-joint-resolution/4/text?q=%7B%22search%22%3A%5B%22S.J.Res+4%22%5D%7D&r=1&s=2
« Last Edit: February 07, 2021, 11:27:00 PM by WLJ »
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2021, 06:42:59 PM »

Ayup.

The Fix is in, folks.

And all those questionable vote-tallying tactics will be legitimized by federal and local statutes.

I'm waiting for them to define "person" as any humanoid regardless of race, national origin, gender, or age, within the borders of the United States or its Territories or Protectorates. 

All for expanding ¡ democracy !, doncha know?

What a common-sense noble goal !

The Fix is in, folks.

Terry, 230RN

REF (Not to fan any flames, but while poking around looking for a gambling definition for "fix," I came across this.  While neither endorsing nor condemning the thoughts in this article, it somehow resonated with my.... ummm... "instincts."  As Rod Serling would say, "Submitted for your consideration."):

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2020/11/wayne-root-vegas-oddsmaker-says-fix-trump-robbed-election-stolen/.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2021, 07:46:26 PM by 230RN »
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.