Author Topic: Politico: Trump's base getting stronger  (Read 833 times)

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
Politico: Trump's base getting stronger
« on: January 30, 2021, 11:07:07 AM »
https://www.foxnews.com/media/politico-tara-palmeri-trump-base-getting-stronger

Former President Donald Trump has actually gained -- not lost -- political clout since leaving office, a political observer asserted Friday.

Politico reporter Tara Palmeri's observation runs contrary to the assumptions of many in the Washington D.C. establishment and the mainstream media.

"People don't want to hear anything against Trump," Palmeri said during an appearance on MSNBC. "Actually, the more he stays out of the media, the more that he becomes this martyr, this looming figure over the GOP."

"I think that there's a huge disconnect between Washington and the rest of the country."

Well, no *expletive deleted*it.
"I make love to men daily, but in the imagination."
                         - Barack Obama

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Re: Politico: Trump's base getting stronger
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2021, 11:12:30 AM »
Obi Wan Trump.  =D

“If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine.”
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2021, 11:24:58 AM »
This could have an effect on how far they go with new gun control restrictions since, maybe, they're starting to realize, again maybe, how POed a very large segment of the country is and anything beyond banning braces and similar would be like pulling the pin on a very large hand grenade.

Or they very could be that stupid and arrogant (the two often go hand in hand) and do it anyway
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2021, 12:38:51 PM »
Not Trumps base. The people who voted for Trump as a giant middle finger to the way things are is more accurate.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2021, 01:04:35 PM »
Not Trumps base. The people who voted for Trump as a giant middle finger to the way things are is more accurate.

Granted, but as far as the dems and the MSM are concerned they're one and the same which influences  a large part of their decision making
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2021, 02:22:14 PM »
Reading through the comments is, uh, interesting.  And noting the thumbs up/thumbs down ratio on the various comments.
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2021, 06:48:06 PM »
Sorry to say, but a year or two from now the Trump base will have gone the way of the Tea Party.  Conservative political movements are typically short lived.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2021, 10:02:35 PM »
Sorry to say, but a year or two from now the Trump base will have gone the way of the Tea Party.  Conservative political movements are typically short lived.

Because they are murdered.

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2021, 10:12:12 PM »
What do you think?

If Trump gave the word and said blood must flow to refresh the tree of liberty, do think the blood would have flowed?

Trump wasn't what the leftists claimed he was, but if there is a next guy that generates as much enthusiasm as Trump there might be potential for a real insurrection/restoration.

The Tea Party didn't go away and neither will MAGA. They are a third of the country. Their movements go away because they aren't Utopian ideologues trying to amass power. All they really want is representation and it is regularly denied.

For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.