Author Topic: Resistance Pillows  (Read 2289 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Re: Resistance Pillows
« Reply #25 on: February 24, 2021, 07:07:51 PM »
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #26 on: February 24, 2021, 07:16:27 PM »
I need an influential Twitter platform. Because I can pull the pin on this madness. You see, pillows are just a product of white supremacist culture. BIPOC people had to sleep on the ground with no pillow. Then the white patriarchs normalized the genocide of geese for pillows and then when these poor gentle loving creatures were extinct they made pillows out of ozone depleting fossil fuels. Don't support this pillow culture, sleep on the ground until you understand how your whiteness hurts others. There, y'all need an address to send my nobel prize to?
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

HeroHog

• Technical Site Pig
  • Administrator
  • It can ALWAYS get worse!
    • FaceButt Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 25, 2021, 05:47:20 AM »
I might not last very long or be very effective but I'll be a real pain in the ass for a minute!
MOLON LABE!

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #29 on: February 25, 2021, 09:43:20 AM »
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #30 on: February 25, 2021, 10:13:22 AM »
I have a dream that my four children will not be judged by the color of their skin, but by the political leanings of their pillow.

WOKE PILLOW CUSTOMER SERVICE: how can we help you?

ME: excuse me, i'd like to make a return

CUSTOMER SERVICE: what was not to your satisfaction

ME: i can't sleep. i toss and turn, it's awful

CUSTOMER SERVICE: pardon me sir, why do you think we called it a 'woke pillow'?
:laugh:
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #32 on: April 11, 2021, 11:56:30 AM »
Bet he expected some rich liberal to give him a billion dollars for it by now.
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #33 on: April 11, 2021, 12:40:59 PM »
He could have let the other guy run it and kept a small minority interest while still publicizing it.  Strange that he got completely out of it.  I can only assume it won't happen.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #34 on: April 11, 2021, 06:00:55 PM »
Looks like the pillows are too hard (of work).  =D

https://twitchy.com/samj-3930/2021/04/11/lmfao-hogg-takes-the-l-david-hoggs-mea-culpa-thread-on-his-quitting-the-progressive-pillow-biz-accidentally-hilarious/

Disgusting.

12: While the tragedy and trauma I experienced does shape me, like many other survivors of gun violence, it is not even close to who I am fully and I am looking forward to using this time to grow myself as an organizer, friend, son, and brother.

— David Hogg (@davidhogg111) April 10, 2021

Hogg isn't a survivor of gun violence. He didn't get shot. He didn't get shot at. He wasn't even in the same building, let alone on the same floor, as the kids who were shot.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

HeroHog

• Technical Site Pig
  • Administrator
  • It can ALWAYS get worse!
    • FaceButt Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 12, 2021, 11:30:07 AM »
Disgusting.

Hogg isn't a survivor of gun violence. He didn't get shot. He didn't get shot at. He wasn't even in the same building, let alone on the same floor, as the kids who were shot.

Was he even on campus?
I might not last very long or be very effective but I'll be a real pain in the ass for a minute!
MOLON LABE!

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #36 on: April 12, 2021, 11:37:15 AM »
Was he even on campus?

IIRC the school is made up of two or more buildings and he was supposedly in building #2 while the shooting occurred in building #1
- Calvin and Hobbes

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
« Reply #37 on: April 12, 2021, 12:13:53 PM »
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #38 on: April 12, 2021, 12:15:07 PM »
IIRC the school is made up of two or more buildings and he was supposedly in building #2 while the shooting occurred in building #1

By that definition of survivorship, I have survived multiple violent encounters over the years because I've been in the same town/county/state where a shooting occurred.

I never realized I was so damaged but so perseverant. 
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #39 on: April 12, 2021, 04:20:35 PM »

That's my recollection, as well.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design