Author Topic: Slight Price Differences on a Book  (Read 345 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Slight Price Differences on a Book
« on: February 06, 2021, 09:32:24 AM »
This book popped up in my Amazon recommendations, and I actually just bought the Kindle version for $9.99. I was actually going to get the paperback so I could lend it to a friend who likes this stuff when I was done with it, until I saw the paperback price.  :laugh:

https://www.amazon.com/Youre-Stepping-Cloak-Dagger-Bluejacket-ebook/dp/B00CGNRUWU/?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_w=flEJ1&pf_rd_p=8f991cc9-6174-4aab-8906-863a34b4f1cb&pf_rd_r=B1DGVBZJBYSJTZVXKTBS&pd_rd_r=1e738cb2-9acd-4d1b-80e6-9526241bf876&pd_rd_wg=4hqHT&ref_=pd_gw_wsixn_v2
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Devonai

• friend
  • Panic Mode Activated
    • Kyrie Devonai Publishing
Re: Slight Price Differences on a Book
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2021, 01:04:59 PM »
One of the editorial reviews mentions a version that is out of print.  So that's the first clue, but it doesn't tell the whole story.

It looks like someone got the rights to publish a new Kindle version, but not the paperback, or for whatever reason is choosing not to publish a new paperback edition.  Shiftless online catalogs who have contractual obligations to list books, but don't want to lose money warehousing thousands of unpopular physical books, instead list them for outrageous prices so nobody in their right mind will order them.

Some combination of the above is how you get these listings.
My writing blog: Kyrie Devonai Publishing

When in danger, when in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout!