Author Topic: Polymer80 Raided By ATF In An Apparent Move Against “Ghost Guns”  (Read 5337 times)

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
It's certainly one reason I like to bring cash into the LGS, so nobody knows what guns I buy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3OaF-j8x5Vc
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3OaF-j8x5Vc

Background checks are required if you’re purchasing a handgun from a licensed federal firearms dealer. However, an Idaho Concealed Weapons License (CWL) exempts the holder from the federal requirement of a background check prior to purchase of a firearm.

I have it on good authority that my LGS has a big red button connected to their records storage room.  =D
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

WLJ

• friends
Ky has the same exemption on the background checks
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
Ky has the same exemption on the background checks

I doubt that exempts the buyer from filling out Form 4473.
"I make love to men daily, but in the imagination."
                         - Barack Obama

WLJ

• friends

No it doesn't. Not aware of anyway around that except though private sales.
- Calvin and Hobbes

dogmush

• friend
No it doesn't. Not aware of anyway around that except though private sales.

Or building your own.  ;)

Which is why the feds are pissed off about P80's.

WLJ

• friends
Or building your own.  ;)

Which is why the feds are pissed off about P80's.

Well, there WAS that
- Calvin and Hobbes

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.

If they're like Texas, the only change is accepting the concealed carry license in lieu of calling in the NICS check (possession of a license is considered proof of the NICS check). 4473 is a fed requirement either way.

Brad
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
I have it on good authority that my LGS has a big red button connected to their records storage room.  =D

Thermite?  Napalm?  Other?

Asking for someone else.

WLJ

• friends
P80 ordered to pay DC $4 million for selling 19 kits to DC residents

‘Ghost Gun’ Maker Ordered To Pay D.C. $4 Million, Barred From Selling To Residents
https://dcist.com/story/22/08/11/ghost-gun-maker-ordered-to-pay-d-c-4-million/

Polymer80 ordered to pay millions to DC
https://bearingarms.com/tomknighton/2022/08/12/polymer80-dc-n61392
- Calvin and Hobbes

Pb

• friend
Making your own gun is just as innocent as writing your own book.

If the RKBA was treated as something other than the red headed stepchild of the Bill of Rights this would be obvious.

MechAg94

• friend
They always call these guns "untraceable".  How many of the guns they seize from criminals are traceable?  I bet it is less than 50%.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Jim147

• friends
If they are untraceable how do they know they sold them to people in DC? 
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG

WLJ

• friends

Hello Visa and Master Card, we would like some info
- Calvin and Hobbes

MechAg94

• friend

Since it is a settlement, perhaps that has already be established. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

WLJ

• friends
Several Polylmer80 threads so I had to pick one.

One domino starts another

BALTIMORE -- Baltimore City has reached a $1.2 million settlement in its lawsuit against the leading manufacturer of untraceable, unserialized "ghost guns" plaguing the city, Mayor Brandon Scott announced Wednesday.

The city filed its lawsuit against Polymer80 Inc. in 2022, accusing the company of negligence, public nuisance, and violations of the Maryland Consumer Protection Act.

The lawsuit alleged the company intentionally undermined federal and state firearms laws by designing, manufacturing, selling, and providing ghost gun kits and parts to buyers who do not undergo a background check.

The mayor's office said all relief sought in the lawsuit was secured in the settlement. That includes:

Permanently prohibiting Polymer80 from advertising in Maryland or selling ghost guns to Maryland residents
    Polymer80 must ban its dealers in nearby states from selling ghost guns to Maryland residents,
    Cease all customer support in Maryland,
    Polymer80 is required to provide quarterly reports to the city documenting all sales of ghost guns in neighboring states.

In 2023, the Baltimore Police Department seized 462 ghost guns. Already in 2024 year to date, BPD has already seized 43 ghost guns, an increase of 30% compared to this time last year.

Would be willing to bet 99.9% of those are guns with the S/N ground off since it they often seem to be referring to them as "ghost guns" now

Baltimore reaches $1.2M settlement in lawsuit against 'ghost gun' manufacturer Polymer80
https://www.cbsnews.com/baltimore/news/baltimore-ghost-guns-lawsuit-polymer80-settlement/
- Calvin and Hobbes