Author Topic: When Acorns Attack  (Read 874 times)

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
Re: When Acorns Attack
« Reply #25 on: February 25, 2024, 06:28:17 AM »

Stop knocking her.  She was a commissioned piece officer after all.

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #26 on: February 25, 2024, 06:47:01 AM »
He apparently got so freaked out that he couldn't move his legs, and really thought he'd been hit. Some are saying he was already dealing with PTSD from his experiences in the military. I don't know what his service record is, though.

Yes, he was a West Pointer.

Apparently he was so certain he had been shot that he didn't know otherwise until he had been transported to a hospital and an examination showed no injuries.

Not to sound unfeeling but it sounds like maybe he should have stayed far away from law enforcement.
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #27 on: February 25, 2024, 10:10:59 AM »
Not to sound unfeeling but it sounds like maybe he should have stayed far away from law enforcement.
If he hadn't emptied his mag at a handcuffed man, I would say to be more respectful.  He earned some ridicule.  That said, I do hope he finds another line of work. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #28 on: February 25, 2024, 01:34:58 PM »

Stop knocking her.  She was a commissioned piece officer after all.

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #29 on: February 25, 2024, 06:03:48 PM »
If he hadn't emptied his mag at a handcuffed man, I would say to be more respectful.  He earned some ridicule.  That said, I do hope he finds another line of work. 

Security Guard for any number of country leaders I can think of.

Terry, 230RN

HankB

• friend
« Reply #30 on: February 26, 2024, 08:05:45 AM »
In this case, it'd a good thing his marksmanship was every bit as bad as his judgement. Seriously, a mag dump at a handcuffed man confined to the back of a police vehicle - and every single round fired by both officers missed? Did either one of them have ANY firearms training - any at all - before they took to the streets on patrol?
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #31 on: February 26, 2024, 08:56:51 AM »
In this case, it'd a good thing his marksmanship was every bit as bad as his judgement. Seriously, a mag dump at a handcuffed man confined to the back of a police vehicle - and every single round fired by both officers missed? Did either one of them have ANY firearms training - any at all - before they took to the streets on patrol?
I'm loathe to defend anything about this special forces cop, but shooting at an unseen (probably cowering) target in the back seat of a vehicle with a pistol isn't as simple as it might first appear.  He was shooting through the tailgate which means the bullets are slowed by that, a bunch of gear in the back of the SUV, plus whatever support members the seat has, and again the suspect was probably making himself as small as possible.  Plus the cop probably was using some premium hollowpoint that isn't really designed for barrier penetration.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #32 on: February 26, 2024, 10:03:21 AM »
I never saw any mention of how many hits were made on the car.  Since neither of the officers could see the person in the car, I suspect they were bracketing the entire car as the target.  He was probably aiming up at the back window.  Any sane person in handcuffs would be laying down in the floor board after the first shot came through the window.  That is likely lower than either of them were aiming. 

“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #33 on: February 26, 2024, 10:45:55 AM »
Any sane person in handcuffs would be laying down in the floor board after the first shot came through the window. 

Given they had their wits about them. In an honest analysis of myself where I don't compare myself to Jason Bourne, I'm not sure I would be quick or thoughtful enough to do any more than lean down in the seat, given the couple of seconds I would have to make a move. More likely I'd be right in the middle of, "What the hell is..." and then I'd get popped in the brain holder.

Those cops (as well as the victim, obviously) are really, really, really, really lucky that no shots made contact.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."