Author Topic: Resident Alien on SyFy  (Read 7825 times)

zxcvbob

• friend
Re: Resident Alien on SyFy
« Reply #25 on: February 09, 2021, 11:56:51 AM »
How are you guys seeing the third episode? It's not on TV until tomorrow evening.

I loaded the free SyFy app on my Roku.  (that's where I found Night Gallery last night)  I haven't watched the 3rd episode yet, but I think it was available.
"It's good, though..."

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #26 on: February 09, 2021, 07:15:29 PM »
Cool and interesting twist at the end of episode 3.  Going to keep watching this show.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #27 on: February 09, 2021, 09:26:27 PM »
I'm watching episode 3 right now.  The audio is out of sync; about 2 seconds late.  It's very annoying.
"It's good, though..."

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #28 on: February 10, 2021, 12:10:40 AM »
I'm watching episode 3 right now.  The audio is out of sync; about 2 seconds late.  It's very annoying.

It wasn't that way for me.  I wonder what might fix that in the future?  Get completely out of the browser and start watching it over, perhaps?
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #29 on: February 10, 2021, 08:17:43 AM »
It wasn't that way for me.  I wonder what might fix that in the future?  Get completely out of the browser and start watching it over, perhaps?

That usually fixes it for me.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #30 on: February 10, 2021, 09:22:26 AM »
"Get completely out of the browser and start watching it over, perhaps?"

I've only ever seen that once or twice, but that's exactly what I've done. Usually fixes it no problem.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #31 on: February 11, 2021, 09:58:33 AM »
I was tempted to stay up last night and watch the third episode, but it started at 10 pm and I knew that I'd not make it.

Can't wait to watch it tonight!

After a Zoom meeting  :mad: and a new episode of Young Sheldon  =)
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #32 on: February 13, 2021, 08:35:11 AM »
Episode 3 was good, but not in the same class as the first 2. Got to learn a lot about Asta, though. The whole thing between Max and his Mom, though... poor kid, having his Mom hug him in the lunch room.

Still, a couple of laugh out loud moments...

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #33 on: February 25, 2021, 04:45:44 PM »
Crapola.  It looks like SyFy has now made it necessary that you be a cable subscriber to stream Resident Alien.  For the first four episodes you could watch it with commercials if you were not a cable subscriber.
We cut the cable cord years ago.  Looks like no more Resident Alien for me, at least from legitimate sources.

fifth_column

• friend
« Reply #34 on: February 25, 2021, 05:04:34 PM »
Crapola.  It looks like SyFy has now made it necessary that you be a cable subscriber to stream Resident Alien.  For the first four episodes you could watch it with commercials if you were not a cable subscriber.
We cut the cable cord years ago.  Looks like no more Resident Alien for me, at least from legitimate sources.

Yep, it's not available on my ISP either.  That sucks.  I hate when they do that.
Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and it never will... The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress. ― Frederick Douglass

No American citizen should be willing to accept a government that uses its power against its own people.  -  Catherine Engelbrecht

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #35 on: February 25, 2021, 07:08:51 PM »
Yep, it's not available on my ISP either.  That sucks.  I hate when they do that.

I do have a cable subscription, but I'm not at home.  Any idea how i sign in with a browser? (like I did with my Roku back home)  Let's see if I can figure it out.  I wondered why episode 5 wasn't available last night; thought it might just be a 24 hour delay
"It's good, though..."

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #36 on: February 25, 2021, 07:20:45 PM »
I watched the first 2 (or 3?) episodes on YouTube, but that's all I could get. They even made those episodes private, and disappeared them from the viewing history.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #37 on: February 26, 2021, 07:04:06 AM »
That really blows.

Pretty soon it probably will only be available if you subscribe to their particular streaming package. It's ludicrous how every channel now has independent streaming packages that you have to pay for above and beyond cable (if you subscribe).

Screw that crap.

I still get SyFy via my cable subscription, and that's hopefully not going to change.

fifth_column

• friend
« Reply #38 on: February 26, 2021, 09:59:27 AM »
I was able to watch episode 5 on my Roku after signing up at syfy.com/activatenbcu. I got one free credit for signing up, which I used for RA E5. I haven't looked into how much it would cost for more credits. I'm not willing to pay more for screen entertainment than I am already.

I didn't realize syfy was owned by NBC. Which makes it part of the Disney empire.
Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and it never will... The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress. ― Frederick Douglass

No American citizen should be willing to accept a government that uses its power against its own people.  -  Catherine Engelbrecht

just Warren

• friend
  • My DJ name is Heavy Cream.
« Reply #39 on: February 26, 2021, 12:44:33 PM »
Disney owns ABC not NBC.
Member in Good Standing of the Spontaneous Order of the Invisible Hand.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #40 on: February 26, 2021, 12:54:10 PM »
I've got SyFy on Sling, not sure if that will make a difference.
But yeah, the whole idea of having to subscribe to a dozen or more different streaming services to get (sort of)decent programing is a non-starter for me.
I don't see it getting any better anytime soon.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

fifth_column

• friend
« Reply #41 on: February 26, 2021, 01:35:00 PM »
Disney owns ABC not NBC.

My mistake. My googlefu was lacking this morning. Syfy is owned by NBC, NBC is still resisting the Disney empire.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #42 on: February 26, 2021, 03:52:39 PM »
That really blows.

Pretty soon it probably will only be available if you subscribe to their particular streaming package. It's ludicrous how every channel now has independent streaming packages that you have to pay for above and beyond cable (if you subscribe).

Screw that crap.

I still get SyFy via my cable subscription, and that's hopefully not going to change.
Considering you used to have to sign up for a 1 or 2 year agreement to get cable, I don't know if things are worse.  At least with all the streaming services, you can normally sign up for 1 month and then cancel it.  I figure I am still way ahead of what I used to spend when I had DirecTV.

For Resident Alien, the alternative might be to wait until the season is over.  Maybe it will show up on other services.  I will have to look up the SciFi channel website. 

I was already planning to sign up with at least one new service as Godzilla vs Kong movie will be streamed this Spring along with the Synder cut of Justine League.  I want to see those. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

fifth_column

• friend
« Reply #43 on: February 26, 2021, 04:29:29 PM »
I've always felt cable companies could do good business by offering packages of specific numbers of channels and letting the consumer choose which they'd prefer.  They could offer 5, 10, 20, 50, 100 channel packages, or whatever, and charge accordingly.  It would also add more competitiveness to the production market. 

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #44 on: February 26, 2021, 05:53:44 PM »
Amazon Prime Video offers Resident Alien for $1.99 an episode, $23.99 for the season.  I may buy it by the episode for the rest of season one given that I've already seen the first four shows.

grampster

• friend
« Reply #45 on: February 28, 2021, 07:06:31 PM »
We have sci fy as part of the overpriced comcast package.  We watched episode 5 last night on On Demand.
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #46 on: February 28, 2021, 08:09:38 PM »
I just finished the first episode. Gonna start episode 2 in a few minutes, so yeah, I guess I like it.  :laugh:
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #47 on: February 28, 2021, 08:57:53 PM »
Still haven't had a chance to watch last week's episode.... Grrrr!

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #48 on: April 02, 2021, 09:30:56 PM »
Season 1 ending:

"This is some real bullshit!"

:rofl:

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #49 on: April 03, 2021, 08:48:29 AM »
I'm two episodes behind.