Author Topic: Resident Alien on SyFy  (Read 7827 times)

grampster

• friend
Re: Resident Alien on SyFy
« Reply #50 on: April 03, 2021, 10:16:21 AM »
I hope we get a season 2.
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #51 on: April 03, 2021, 10:21:51 AM »
I hope we get a season 2.

It has been confirmed.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #52 on: April 03, 2021, 10:22:10 AM »
I will start over when I get back to MN; maybe watch it with Wife.  I've seen the first 3 or 4 episodes, but even tho' I have a cable subscription I can't get the newer episodes at syfy.com here -- probably because I'm not on my home cable network.
"It's good, though..."

HankB

• friend
« Reply #53 on: April 03, 2021, 11:07:20 AM »
Today's "seasons" are WAY too short - I remember when a "season" had dozens of episodes.

The final episode actually made the alien a more sympathetic character.

SPOILER BELOW IN TINY WHITE FONT!

It turns out the doctor the alien killed and whose identity he subsequently assumed was actually the person who murdered the town doctor by poisoning his insulin. So the alien killed a killer.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #54 on: April 03, 2021, 12:17:04 PM »
Today's "seasons" are WAY too short - I remember when a "season" had dozens of episodes.

The final episode actually made the alien a more sympathetic character.

SPOILER BELOW IN TINY WHITE FONT!

Yes, that was a nice twist.

Also, yes on the seasons. I was mad when everyone started doing 13 episode seasons. Now they are down to 10. Pretty soon we'll be like the Brits, with six episode seasons, with new seasons every couple of years. Hollywood is fat and lazy.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #55 on: April 04, 2021, 05:28:57 PM »
Yes, that was a nice twist.

Also, yes on the seasons. I was mad when everyone started doing 13 episode seasons. Now they are down to 10. Pretty soon we'll be like the Brits, with six episode seasons, with new seasons every couple of years. Hollywood is fat and lazy.
On the other hand, Hollywood is also full of crappy writers.  If they can't write more "good" episodes, more won't be better.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

fifth_column

• friend
« Reply #56 on: April 05, 2021, 09:06:41 AM »
I stopped watching it when they started charging for it. . . .
Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and it never will... The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress. ― Frederick Douglass

No American citizen should be willing to accept a government that uses its power against its own people.  -  Catherine Engelbrecht

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #57 on: June 22, 2021, 09:04:36 AM »
If anyone hadn't gotten around to watching this, Amazon has the series at $10 to buy for streaming.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #58 on: June 22, 2021, 09:11:53 AM »
I'd forgotten that I started this thread. All in all I give Resident Alien VERY high marks. A very good intermingling of drama and comedy and some exceptionally funny moments over all.

I'm really looking forward to the second season as I really want to know what the motivation was for the doctor.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

AmbulanceDriver

• Junior Rocketeer
  • friends
« Reply #59 on: June 22, 2021, 11:44:18 AM »
I'd forgotten that I started this thread. All in all I give Resident Alien VERY high marks. A very good intermingling of drama and comedy and some exceptionally funny moments over all.

I'm really looking forward to the second season as I really want to know what the motivation was for the doctor.

Right there with ya.   It was definitely a fun watch - even the Mrs, who doesn't really care all that much for sci-fi type shows, enjoyed it.  And Alan Tudyk really was just about perfect as the doctor/alien.

Definitely hoping for a season 2.
Are you a cook, or a RIFLEMAN?  Find out at Appleseed!

http://www.appleseedinfo.org

"For some many people, attempting to process a logical line of thought brings up the blue screen of death." -Blakenzy

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #60 on: June 22, 2021, 12:21:11 PM »
This is some bullshit!
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #61 on: June 22, 2021, 12:34:02 PM »
I'd forgotten that I started this thread. r.

They say memory is the 2nd thing to go. Can't remember what the 1st is.
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #62 on: June 22, 2021, 12:39:27 PM »
Well, if my experience is typical, I'd say the prostate...
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #63 on: June 22, 2021, 12:55:05 PM »
Because of various discounts and having purchased a few episodes separately, I was able to get the rest of the season for free.  Now my wife can watch it with me when she gets a chance.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #64 on: June 22, 2021, 01:47:53 PM »
Well, if my experience is typical, I'd say the prostate...

TMI
"I make love to men daily, but in the imagination."
                         - Barack Obama

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #65 on: June 22, 2021, 02:05:42 PM »
TMI

Just wait until you're getting up 3 and 4 times a night to piss... then you'll be asking yourself... why didn't I get MORE information....

:rofl:

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #66 on: June 22, 2021, 02:08:23 PM »
I have plenty of information about my prostate. 

I don't want to hear about yours.   ;)

"I make love to men daily, but in the imagination."
                         - Barack Obama

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #67 on: June 22, 2021, 02:12:29 PM »
But it has such interesting stories to tell.

fifth_column

• friend
« Reply #68 on: June 22, 2021, 02:35:44 PM »
Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and it never will... The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress. ― Frederick Douglass

No American citizen should be willing to accept a government that uses its power against its own people.  -  Catherine Engelbrecht

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #69 on: June 22, 2021, 03:42:16 PM »
Just wait until you're getting up 3 and 4 times a night to piss... then you'll be asking yourself... why didn't I get MORE information....

:rofl:
Talk to your doctor to see if _________ will work for you.

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #70 on: January 12, 2022, 08:02:06 AM »
Resident Alien Season 2 Trailer (HD) Alan Tudyk series
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=trZhVPspNFI
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #71 on: January 12, 2022, 08:12:27 AM »
Awesome!

While I was away on vacation over Christmas my DVR picked up the entire first season again. Syfy must have had a marathon.

I need to watch it again.

grampster

• friend
« Reply #72 on: January 27, 2022, 01:27:27 PM »
Well, it was on last night.  I think they must have all new writers and they are still in grade school.  What a disappointment.  It was a jumbled up mess.  I'll give it one more episode. 
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #73 on: January 27, 2022, 01:56:40 PM »
Ah crap, now I'm worried...

grampster

• friend
« Reply #74 on: January 27, 2022, 07:21:42 PM »
Swmbo went to bed about half way through.  I endured to the end.  Holding my nose.