Author Topic: Now You Get Robbed in Traffic in San Francisco  (Read 450 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Now You Get Robbed in Traffic in San Francisco
« on: February 07, 2021, 08:27:42 PM »
Now they smash and grab while you're sitting in your car in traffic in San Francisco.

Interesting from the situational awareness perspective. Even if you're in a state where you could do something about this, you're in your car with seatbelts on. This happened pretty quickly.

https://twitchy.com/gregp-3534/2021/02/07/watch-thugs-steal-7000-worth-of-camera-equipment-while-car-is-stuck-in-traffic-in-san-francisco/
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

just Warren

• friend
  • My DJ name is Heavy Cream.
Re: Now You Get Robbed in Traffic in San Francisco
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2021, 08:58:19 PM »
I just learned the other day that there is a registry service for cameras that you can set it up so that any photos you take with your camera has a unique identifier and so that if any photos taken with a stolen camera show up online the service will know where the photo was taken.

I don't remember the name of this service but hopefully the victims do.
Member in Good Standing of the Spontaneous Order of the Invisible Hand.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
Re: Now You Get Robbed in Traffic in San Francisco
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2021, 09:35:11 PM »
If they're professional photographers they probably are registered.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams