Author Topic: Couple of Biden Things  (Read 853 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Couple of Biden Things
« on: February 09, 2021, 06:06:02 PM »
Couple of things of interest (to me anyway) going on:

Angela Merkel got Biden to freeze the troop withdrawal from Germany. He seems to also be caving on some other issues. The Richard Grenell quote probably sums it up: She is happy to be dealing with a weak US President. Trump put America first, now Biden is putting other countries first.

https://www.foxnews.com/world/merkel-under-fire-failing-choose-sides-communist-china-capitalist-us

Also Biden is throwing 56 Trump appointed US attorneys to the curb. I don't know if this is normal with administration changes or not. Obviously there will be 56 rabid anti-2nd amendment attorneys in place whenever he starts going after gun owners.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/biden-doj-ask-trump-appointed-us-attorneys-to-resign-by-end-of-the-month-sources
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

RoadKingLarry

• friends
Re: Couple of Biden Things
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2021, 08:47:32 PM »
One of, if not the biggest mistake Trump made was not immediately purging every Obama appointee he was constitutionally entitled to kick to the curb.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Andiron

• friend
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2021, 12:01:16 AM »
One of, if not the biggest mistake Trump made was not immediately purging every Obama appointee he was constitutionally entitled to kick to the curb.

Yep.

Man grossly underestimated the power of the Swamp,  and made the mistake of appointing a bunch of swamp creatures to his detriment.
"Leftism destroys everything good." -  Ron

There is no fixing stupid. But, you can line it up in front of a wall and offer it a last smoke.

There is no such thing as a "transgender" person.  Only mental illness that should be discouraged.

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2021, 07:45:10 AM »
You guys make an assumption that there are actually good men, on the right side of the issues, with good character, that are available to fill those emptied slots.

Our higher education has been pumping out graduates who have been programmed in the current moral and philosophical garbage philosophy for decades. Nihilistic hedonists, promoting the egalitarian race to the lowest common denominator through bureaucracy is all there is to choose from, there is no deep bench, there is no bench of alternates. They are all the same, all are NPC's.*

We are a nation of "men without chests"* as fistful has pointed out before.

How do you drain a swamp when the whole nation is a swamp?

* https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NPC_(meme)

* https://blog.acton.org/archives/87047-c-s-lewis-on-men-without-chests-and-what-that-means.html
« Last Edit: February 10, 2021, 07:57:40 AM by Ron »
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2021, 10:11:01 AM »
You guys make an assumption that there are actually good men, on the right side of the issues, with good character, that are available to fill those emptied slots.

Our higher education has been pumping out graduates who have been programmed in the current moral and philosophical garbage philosophy for decades. Nihilistic hedonists, promoting the egalitarian race to the lowest common denominator through bureaucracy is all there is to choose from, there is no deep bench, there is no bench of alternates. They are all the same, all are NPC's.*

We are a nation of "men without chests"* as fistful has pointed out before.

How do you drain a swamp when the whole nation is a swamp?

* https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NPC_(meme)

* https://blog.acton.org/archives/87047-c-s-lewis-on-men-without-chests-and-what-that-means.html

I think any number of member of this forum would be capable of serving without being beholden to the swamp. The problem is that cabinet level and senior presidential appointments aren't based on qualifications, they are based on political capital -- who owes who a sinecure. As long as the President has to give jobs to major donors as rewards, we're stuck with the system we've got.

A long, long time ago I worked briefly for a municipal public housing authority. When I came on board, we had three fairly major construction projects that were just about to go out for bid, and I was the guy who was supposed to select the winners of the bids. My supervisor (a nice, honest, but timid woman) was concerned about attempts to rig the bids (and there were multiple attempts). I told her she didn't have to worry -- I told her my price was a pickup truck, and they were all offering Cadillacs.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

HankB

• friend
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2021, 06:50:27 PM »
You guys make an assumption that there are actually good men, on the right side of the issues, with good character, that are available to fill those emptied slots . . .

The place to start looking for them is among the ranks of those banned, blacklisted, or suspended by Twitter or Facebook.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

T.O.M.

• friend
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2021, 08:53:06 PM »
When I was in law school, I interned at the US Attorney's Office in the Southern District of Ohio.  It is pretty much par for the course when there is an administration change, especially when it's a party change as well, for all of the US Attorneys to be replaced.  Nothing nefarious in this move by Biden.  Who gets appointed in large part depends on the state.  In some states, an attorney with the right political connections will get suggested by the state party.  In other states, they will look for someone with actual experience as a prosecutor, again with ties to the party in power.  The rank and file aren't purged, but new hires do tend to fall along the party lines of the current US Attorney.  As for gun grabbing, I'll say this... I was an intern when Clinton was elected the first time.  There was no change in policy as to what charges were filed in federal court.  With the existing case load and backlog of cases in Federal Court, I can't see this change resulting in a sudden deluge of antigun criminal cases in federal court. 

No, I'm not mtnbkr.  ;)

a.k.a. "our resident Legal Smeagol."...thanks BryanP
"Anybody can give legal advice - but only licensed attorneys can sell it."...vaskidmark