Author Topic: Impeach / Punish  (Read 8486 times)

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
Re: Impeach / Punish
« Reply #50 on: February 13, 2021, 08:56:12 PM »
Is Pelosi the first Speaker to go 0-2?

Wouldn't that be Schumer at 0-2, Pelosi got her part done, Schumer couldn't close the deal!

bob

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #51 on: February 13, 2021, 11:04:44 PM »
With the Republican party as useless and spineless as they are today, the Democrats will rule forever anyway. That's why I think now is the time for a third party to form.

While I agree with your assessment of the ...... um ... "repukeagain" party  >:D the solution is to FIX the party,  not create a new one which splits the vote.
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #52 on: February 13, 2021, 11:16:30 PM »
I'm afraid spitting the votes was the plan all along.
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG

TommyGunn

• friend
« Reply #53 on: February 13, 2021, 11:21:12 PM »
I'm afraid spitting the votes was the plan all along.

Whose plan?   The democrats would love it,  but they don't seem to be in a position to encourage a conservative third party.  The repukes are stupid enough to do it but, then again,  I don't see any desire amongst the ball-less blunderers to create it.
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
« Reply #54 on: February 14, 2021, 12:23:38 AM »
While I agree with your assessment of the ...... um ... "repukeagain" party  >:D the solution is to FIX the party,  not create a new one which splits the vote.

It can't be saved.

TommyGunn

• friend
« Reply #55 on: February 14, 2021, 01:41:04 AM »

sumpnz

• friend
« Reply #56 on: February 14, 2021, 03:13:01 AM »
Problem is, just as with the Tea Party, any alternative to the Republican Party will get co-opted by the same elites and nothing really will change, except that the vote on the right will be split for a while.  I wish I could offer a real, viable solution but short of massive bloodshed I don’t see one.  The vested interests are too, well, vested.

griz

• friend
« Reply #57 on: February 14, 2021, 04:59:22 AM »
Schumer is making noises about using the 14th Amendment to try and prevent Trump from holding office again.

They really are that terrified of him.

They seem to be gauging interest in that idea, even talking about legislation to prevent him from running.  I suspect the main reason is because it only requires a majority to pass.  But the 14th just says somebody can't hold the office if they rebelled or took part in an insurrection.  The mechanism to bar the person is left open.  I would think one would have to be convicted of such a crime before being barred, but then congress gets to make up their own rules.

Yep, they are scared of him.  He doesn't care about the way it's always been done and they have no control over him, so he's a real threat to their power.  I'm not really a Trump fan but this entire dog and pony show is pointing out how desperate the politicians are to remain in control.
Sent from a stone age computer via an ordinary keyboard.

Unisaw

• friend
« Reply #58 on: February 14, 2021, 07:32:23 AM »
Wouldn't that be Schumer at 0-2, Pelosi got her part done, Schumer couldn't close the deal!

bob

Not that they weren’t in cahoots, but Pelosi served Schumer a crap sandwich.
Well, if you have the sudden urge to lick your balls you'll know you got the veterinary version... K Frame

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #59 on: February 14, 2021, 08:33:24 AM »
Problem is, just as with the Tea Party, any alternative to the Republican Party will get co-opted by the same elites and nothing really will change, except that the vote on the right will be split for a while.  I wish I could offer a real, viable solution but short of massive bloodshed I don’t see one.  The vested interests are too, well, vested.

If it wasn’t corrupted down to the local level there would be a chance but it’s so rotten that virtually anybody who makes it through to the federal level after rising up through the lower parts is suspect at best.
Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #60 on: February 14, 2021, 08:42:15 AM »
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #61 on: February 14, 2021, 08:56:03 AM »
The Republican Party is already split.

For decades the R "elite" campaign on the issues the grassroots care about then ALWAYS fail to get anything done.

There is always the same cast of characters that give the D's the win with timely help from a revolving group of secondary players who occasionally break ranks when needed.

It is a uni-party of grafters.

Nothing really makes sense because we can't follow the money.

If there was a flow chart of where the money begins and whose pocket it ends up in, then things would make more sense.

The split is between Republican voters and the actual Republican politicians.

For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #62 on: February 14, 2021, 08:56:59 AM »
Man, one of Trump's attorneys really hands the media their ass in this interview. Well done.

https://twitchy.com/samj-3930/2021/02/14/hello-9-1-1-wed-like-to-report-a-murder-trump-attorney-michael-van-der-veen-just-decimates-the-media-during-cbs-interview-watch/

MVDV left that talking head bleeding on the floor.  I hope someone called the paramedics.  That was the most awesome interview.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #63 on: February 14, 2021, 10:33:43 AM »
Given Pelosi's demented tantrum yesterday, this is appropriate.  =D

"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
« Reply #64 on: February 14, 2021, 11:19:28 AM »

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #65 on: February 14, 2021, 11:48:17 AM »
Man, one of Trump's attorneys really hands the media their ass in this interview. Well done.

https://twitchy.com/samj-3930/2021/02/14/hello-9-1-1-wed-like-to-report-a-murder-trump-attorney-michael-van-der-veen-just-decimates-the-media-during-cbs-interview-watch/

He still pushes the nonsense about the problem being extremism on both sides, and we need to meet in the middle. I am really tired of hearing that.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ron

• friends
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #67 on: February 14, 2021, 12:37:53 PM »
He still pushes the nonsense about the problem being extremism on both sides, and we need to meet in the middle. I am really tired of hearing that.

The dialectic Cthulhu only swims left ...

Decades of meeting in the middle gets you ---> where we are now
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Nick1911

• Administrator
« Reply #68 on: February 14, 2021, 01:41:28 PM »

Brought to you by the "lesser of two evils" philosophy.

sumpnz

• friend
« Reply #69 on: February 14, 2021, 05:02:00 PM »

When the left says they want to meet in the middle, they mean the right has to move, not them (unless it further to the left).  First shift doesn’t seem so bad, but after a while you suddenly realize the middle you moved to the first time is now a long ways to your right.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #70 on: February 14, 2021, 08:37:11 PM »
Say, shouldn't the FBI be using cell phone data, bank records, etc. to chase all these people making death threats down and bring them to justice? I thought that's the new modus operandi since 06JAN?

https://twitchy.com/gregp-3534/2021/02/14/photo-trump-attorney-mike-van-der-veens-home-vandalized/

Lennyjoe

• friend
« Reply #71 on: February 15, 2021, 10:30:33 AM »
Say, shouldn't the FBI be using cell phone data, bank records, etc. to chase all these people making death threats down and bring them to justice? I thought that's the new modus operandi since 06JAN?

They only serve the Democrats now.  Don’t expect anything that makes sense from the FBI except to quiet the right.

DittoHead

• friend
  • Writing for the Bulwark since August 2019
« Reply #72 on: February 15, 2021, 12:32:14 PM »
Also, Cocaine Mitch can drop dead. He's back to being an establishment shill.

"Ignore what he says, pay attention to what he does and the results he gets" - I heard that all the time about Trump.
If you apply that standard to Mitch then he's still looking pretty darn good.
In the moral, catatonic stupor America finds itself in today it is only disagreement we seek, and the more virulent that disagreement, the better.

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #73 on: February 15, 2021, 12:42:09 PM »
"Ignore what he says, pay attention to what he does and the results he gets" - I heard that all the time about Trump.

Compared to Schumer, yes. 

Compared to most Republicans, not so much.
"I make love to men daily, but in the imagination."
                         - Barack Obama

Ron

• friends
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #74 on: February 15, 2021, 12:56:26 PM »

Both Graham and McConnell are deep state players.

They will forever be defined by whether they listen to MAGA or go back to business as usual.

I was pleasantly surprised by McConnells work on the Federal judges situation so yes, I will be watching his actions more than his words. 

My expectations for both of them are pretty low though, neither seem to have a nationalist bone in their bodies.