Author Topic: Senator Marco Rubio: Bill to Deny Gun Rights Investigated" for Domestic Terror  (Read 2204 times)

MechAg94

• friend
Senator Marco Rubio Introduces Bill to Suspend Gun Rights of Anyone Who Has Ever Been "Investigated" for Domestic Terrorism
https://www.unz.com/estriker/senator-marco-rubio-introduces-bill-to-suspend-gun-rights-of-anyone-who-has-ever-been-investigated-for-domestic-terrorism/
I had to shorten the title a bit to fit.

The Senate bill, named the Terror Intelligence Improvement Act, was reentered last week in hopes of exploiting the hysteria surrounding the January 6th Capitol protests. The law intends to violate the civil liberties of American citizens who are not charged or convicted of a crime if somebody is deemed politically dangerous.

If passed, the law will grant the FBI and DNI the authority to draw up lists of US citizens arbitrarily labeled “domestic terrorists” and flag them during background checks. Those placed on the new watch list could be registered based solely on suspicion, even if an investigation fails to find evidence of criminal or “terrorist” wrongdoing. Federal courts that have examined the FBI’s various “terrorist watch lists” uncovered that the Bureau regularly places law-abiding citizens on them because they don’t like who they are or their political views.

Just wanted to make sure this information was spread around.  Sounds like a way to deny gun rights to anyone they want to target (or a lot of people).
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Hawkmoon

• friend
Whatever happened to "innocent until proven guilty"?
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
From https://www.congress.gov/bill/116th-congress/senate-bill/1778/text

IN GENERAL.—Not later than 90 days after the date of enactment of this Act, the Attorney General shall establish a process under which, for any person who is, or within the previous 10 years was, the subject of a terrorism investigation by any Federal department or agency, the Attorney General may—

(A) delay the transfer of a firearm or explosive to the person for a period not to exceed 10 business days; and

(B) file an emergency petition in a court of competent jurisdiction to prevent the transfer of the firearm or explosive.
"I make love to men daily, but in the imagination."
                         - Barack Obama

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Given the criteria they seem to be currently using for "domestic terrorist", everyone that participates here qualifies.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
Given the criteria they seem to be currently using for "domestic terrorist", everyone that participates here qualifies.

Along those lines
Republican = Treasonous
https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2021/02/09/congressional-candidate-introduces-the-2021-project-to-teach-about-treasonous-racist-nazi-republicans/
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
So .... all you have to be is INVESTIGATED for domestic terror,  not found guilty and Shazam  no more guns? :facepalm:

Hey ....isn't Rubio a ...uh ....REPUBLICAN ? ? ?  :facepalm:
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

TommyGunn

• friend
Whatever happened to "innocent until proven guilty"?

That's soooooooooo  20th century .....  :old:
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

MechAg94

• friend
So .... all you have to be is INVESTIGATED for domestic terror,  not found guilty and Shazam  no more guns? :facepalm:

Hey ....isn't Rubio a ...uh ....REPUBLICAN ? ? ?  :facepalm:
Not all Republicans believe in individual rights as has been pointed out quite a bit. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

MechAg94

• friend
Along those lines
Republican = Treasonous
https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2021/02/09/congressional-candidate-introduces-the-2021-project-to-teach-about-treasonous-racist-nazi-republicans/
And they need to take on dictatorial powers to stop it the imaginary insurrection.  Of course, they will give up those powers as soon as the state of emergency is over.

Nick1911

• Administrator
And they need to take on dictatorial powers to stop it the imaginary insurrection.  Of course, they will give up those powers as soon as the state of emergency is over.

And of course, they never are.  Heck, we have an active national emergency from 1979...  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_national_emergencies_in_the_United_States

sumpnz

• friend
Seems we need to amend the COTUS to say that any emergency declaration must be reapproved by Congress AND signed by POTUS, every 30 days or else it automatically expires, along with any restrictions imposed on the people due to said emergency.

Of course, I’ve also advocated for a constitutional sunset amendment for a while too.  All legislation, including, well, everything but COTUS itself, has to be reauthorized by Congress and signed by POTUS every 10 years.  And it must be individual laws being voted on.  Can’t do an “omnibus” bill to reauthorize everything in one fell swoop.  I’d even go so far as to require every subsection to get its own discreet vote to reauthorize.  Yes, this would make it impossible to do anything for a long time.  That’s a feature, not a bug.

sumpnz

• friend
And any legislation that creates a regulatory body that has the ability effectively make laws must be reauthorized every 5 years by a 2/3 majority.

TommyGunn

• friend
Not all Republicans believe in individual rights as has been pointed out quite a bit.

=(    Yea .... tell me about it.   Everytime I get to believe that the Republic is being flushed down the drain, something happens to convince me it isn't paranoid conspiracy theory.

For four years,  Trump gave me hope.  No he wasn't perfect.  Then Nov. 3 happened.     :'( 

Now we seem to be on a bullet-train to Venezuela. :mad:

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
And any legislation that creates a regulatory body that has the ability effectively make laws must be reauthorized every 5 years by a 2/3 majority.

Constitutional amendment to make new departments/agencies/bureaus/etc.

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
The list of national emergencies is very interesting. Good number where we are putting countries on the naughty list for not holding fair elections.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

JTHunter

• friends
Rubio is showing his "true colors" and that he is really a RINO.  :mad:
“I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted.  The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

Hawkmoon

• friend
The list of national emergencies is very interesting. Good number where we are putting countries on the naughty list for not holding fair elections.

But our recent election was fair. Ms. Nancy told us so.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

brimic

• friends
Rubio is showing his "true colors" and that he is really a RINO.  :mad:

I’m not sure that ‘RINO’ applies anymore, there are few republicans who wouldn’t trade your rights away for political points, the others act conservative while they are in the minority, then govern like democrats when they are in the majority.

Also watch as the NRA not only backs a softer version of this concept, but demands tougher sentences for domestic terrorism.

"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

MechAg94

• friend
I’m not sure that ‘RINO’ applies anymore, there are few republicans who wouldn’t trade your rights away for political points, the others act conservative while they are in the minority, then govern like democrats when they are in the majority.

Also watch as the NRA not only backs a softer version of this concept, but demands tougher sentences for domestic terrorism.

I don't like the RINO term either.  I think it just falls back to authoritarian or anti-freedom or anti-rights. 

dogmush

• friend
Has it occurred to you guys that you may be the RINO's?

Lots of Republicans that I meet IRL, and a lot of the politicians are pretty comfortable with a heavy authoritarian government, as long as it's their kind of authority.

MechAg94

• friend
Has it occurred to you guys that you may be the RINO's?

Lots of Republicans that I meet IRL, and a lot of the politicians are pretty comfortable with a heavy authoritarian government, as long as it's their kind of authority.
I have always been indifferent on whether I thought I was a Republican or not.  I generally vote that way since the Democrats have done nothing but move to the left throughout my lifetime.  I don't consider myself loyal to the party at all. 

sumpnz

• friend
I kind of liked the tag line Andrew Wilkow at least used to use in his Sirius-XM radio show.  “Individual patriot first, conservative second and Republican third”.  Though anymore I’d drop the Republican part.

MechAg94

• friend
Constitutional amendment to make new departments/agencies/bureaus/etc.
IMO, that is what is should be now.  Congress should not be able to delegate legislative powers.  Agencies should be solely for enforcement.  The regulations of those agencies should be laid out in the law or approved via a separate bill. 

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
Both parties are authoritarian in our fascist state.

Somebody is going to be in charge and call the shots.

Egalitarianism and democracy are pretty little lies that have never worked anywhere.

International Banks, the MIC and Global Corporations have been taking turns calling the shots, working together for longer than most of us have been voting.

I'm not sure which group Trump represented.
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Both parties are authoritarian in our fascist state.

Somebody is going to be in charge and call the shots.

Egalitarianism and democracy are pretty little lies that have never worked anywhere.

International Banks, the MIC and Global Corporations have been taking turns calling the shots, working together for longer than most of us have been voting.

I'm not sure which group Trump represented.

Interestingly, I just saw this:

https://www.theepochtimes.com/70-percent-of-republicans-would-consider-joining-trump-led-third-party-poll-finds_3693713.html

Polls are polls, so who knows on the numbers, but let's say just 35% instead of 70% of Rs would jump. That would be a Ross Perot level of sticking it to the Republican establishment, especially with the way dems vote nowadays. Dems want to see the R party dead, a Trump party could do it for them. And I don't think I'd be too bothered about it at this point.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."