Author Topic: NYSE to New York Democrats -- Try it, bitches...  (Read 679 times)

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
NYSE to New York Democrats -- Try it, bitches...
« on: February 12, 2021, 07:38:51 AM »
So, New York Democrats, desperate to find new ways of supporting some of the most lavish vote-buying programs in the United States, have cast a covetous eye on the New York Stock Exchange.

A proposal has been floated that would tax NYSE financial transactions made at NYSE, which Dems say could raise upwards $29 billion a year for state coffers.

NYSE's president, however, says (paraphrasing) "You know, Austin, Texas, would make a lovely financial capital of the United States."

https://www.forbes.com/sites/ginaheeb/2021/02/09/new-york-stock-exchange-threatens-to-leave-new-york-over-proposed-stock-transfers/?sh=51547cf11809

I read an interesting op-ed earlier this morning that said that when Sweden tried this some years ago nearly 75% of that market's trading was moved to the London exchanges. Net gain for Sweden was a net loss in tax revenue.

Personally I'd love to see the NYSE become the ATSE (Austin Texas Stock Exchange).
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
Re: NYSE to New York Democrats -- Try it, bitches...
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2021, 08:15:10 AM »
That move would guarantee nobody from the (real) right would ever win a statewide or federal election in Texas ever again.

For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2021, 09:03:53 AM »
Probably better places than Austin.  Mixing California transplants with NYC transplants might be an interesting mix.  Probably not better. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2021, 09:23:47 AM »
Probably better places than Austin.  Mixing California transplants with NYC transplants might be an interesting mix.  Probably not better. 

This.

Austin is trying, and somewhat successfully, to turn itself into the Los Angeles / San Francisco of the South. Their mayor is a raging lib who's getting a smackdown from the State over his incompetence, mostly due to the explosive expansion and handling of their homeless issues. Even traditionally "weird" residents are turning closet conservative under the current lunacy.

Brad
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

HankB

• friend
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2021, 09:40:49 AM »
. . . Austin is trying, and somewhat successfully, to turn itself into the Los Angeles / San Francisco of the South. Their mayor is a raging lib who's getting a smackdown from the State over his incompetence, mostly due to the explosive expansion and handling of their homeless issues. Even traditionally "weird" residents are turning closet conservative under the current lunacy.
QFT.

I live outside Austin (Trump carried my precinct in a landslide) but whenever I drive through the city proper, the proliferation of tents, stolen shopping carts, and trash is disheartening . . . areas that just a year or two back looked decent and even moderately upscale are looking like skid row. And the lunatic mayor (the one who filmed a video admonishing people to stay home for Covid while he was actually on vacation in Cabo) wants to double down - he & the city clowncil are buying up hotels they plan to house the homeless in - AFTER the facilities are renovated, of course. (Contracts for renovations are a GREAT way to convert public funds into private profit.) They're really upset that enough signatures were gathered to put the "camping" ordnance on a city wide referendum -who do those uppity taxpaying voters think they are, anyway?
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2021, 10:02:36 AM »
Something I've had to come to terms with recently is that all sides of the cloud people are engaged in massive grift at a scale us dirt people can hardly imagine. It's multinational global grift that has been perfected over not decades, but centuries.

I've been cynical for a long time but these last four years have really opened my eyes as to how deep the rot really is in the USA/world.

While I looked at Trump as a speedbump or firewall to slow the insanity I wouldn't be the least surprised to find out his group was running side grifts themselves

For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2021, 10:51:29 AM »
Something I've had to come to terms with recently is that all sides of the cloud people are engaged in massive grift at a scale us dirt people can hardly imagine. It's multinational global grift that has been perfected over not decades, but centuries.

I've been cynical for a long time but these last four years have really opened my eyes as to how deep the rot really is in the USA/world.

While I looked at Trump as a speedbump or firewall to slow the insanity I wouldn't be the least surprised to find out his group was running side grifts themselves
The problem is that it is likely difficult to find anyone who has come up through local politics who wasn't involved in that corruption in some way.  I hear school boards and school funding is a big part of it also.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge