Author Topic: Anyone have a style or brand of hearing aids you want to tell me about?  (Read 1522 times)

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
Re: Anyone have a style or brand of hearing aids you want to tell me about?
« Reply #25 on: February 24, 2021, 09:38:24 PM »
^^^6 years is a long time in hearing aid years.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

Grandpa Shooter

• friend
« Reply #26 on: February 24, 2021, 10:06:23 PM »
^^^6 years is a long time in hearing aid years.

I've never gotten used to the make it cheap and throw it away mentality.  I believe with the advances in medicine, technology, espionage, and space travel, that the technology exists to make quality hearing aids that are updatable.  You can do it with computers, why not hearing aids?

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #27 on: February 24, 2021, 10:11:10 PM »
^^^The digital aids are updatable, so to speak.  The smartphone app is essentially the software for the hearing aid, and every time the app is updated, so is the software controlling the hearing aid. Still no joy for the consumer swapping out hardware parts, though.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

HeroHog

• Technical Site Pig
  • Administrator
  • It can ALWAYS get worse!
    • FaceButt Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 25, 2021, 05:42:09 AM »
My wife's behind the ear hearing aids are all she can use now because of the power needed to play loud enough for hearing loss. They are Blue Tooth and work with her iPhone and act like Blue Tooth wireless ear buds so she can enjoy videos and music plus hear better on phone calls.
I might not last very long or be very effective but I'll be a real pain in the ass for a minute!
MOLON LABE!

Grandpa Shooter

• friend
« Reply #29 on: February 25, 2021, 02:23:44 PM »
My wife's behind the ear hearing aids are all she can use now because of the power needed to play loud enough for hearing loss. They are Blue Tooth and work with her iPhone and act like Blue Tooth wireless ear buds so she can enjoy videos and music plus hear better on phone calls.

That is what I am getting except my trial set will be in the ear canal units.  I am tired of the behind the ear ones rubbing on my glasses, coming out when I take off my mask and making ears into monkey ears.  My wife says she is going to staple my ears to the side of my head so the wind doesn't take me away.  She set up the radio connection in my Jeep so I can call and bug her while I am driving, and I just downloaded Iheart Radio on my phone so I can listen to music through my hearing aids.  My wife say she will drag into the 20th century somehow, someway.