Author Topic: CZ aquires Colt  (Read 1778 times)

Viking

• ❤︎ Fuck around & find out ❤︎
  • friend
  • Carnist Bloodmouth
CZ aquires Colt
« on: February 13, 2021, 01:56:49 AM »
https://www.personaldefenseworld.com/2021/02/cz-acquires-colt-220-million/

Thoughts? Do you think CZ will reintroduce any classic Colt models? Anything on your wishlist?
“The modern world will not be punished. It is the punishment.” — Nicolás Gómez Dávila

230RN

• It's like swimming to shore in an ebb tide.
  • friend
  • Pushing back. Help me out, here...
Re: CZ aquires Colt
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2021, 04:26:47 AM »
Not any more.  I've divested myself of a lot of guns --I just don'f shoot that much anymore.  I wonder if they'll change the logo to a "Grazing Colt" now.

brimic

• friends
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2021, 03:05:00 PM »
This could only be an upside for Colt.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2021, 07:35:04 PM »
This could only be an upside for Colt.

Colt is dead.  They are just a brand now.  Or model in a catalog.  There are many more modern, capable, and flat-out better manufacturers now.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2021, 08:03:53 PM »
I could see certain iconic models continuing production in the Colt line such as the Peacemaker, some variant of 1911, and the Python (for those who simply must have a gen-yoo-wine prancing pony on their gun).  I doubt anything truly new or innovative will be marketed under the Colt name.
"I make love to men daily, but in the imagination."
                         - Barack Obama

HankB

• friend
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2021, 01:36:02 PM »
The iconic brand couldn't withstand the combination of union labor and abysmal management.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

T.O.M.

• friend
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2021, 04:06:17 PM »
If Biden gets an AWB passed in a form the Dems want, I could see CZ opening the old Colt catalogs and bringing back some of the classic revolvers, like the Detective Special and its like.  Revolvers seen politically safe (for now), and a good small six-shot wheel gun would sell well.
No, I'm not mtnbkr.  ;)

a.k.a. "our resident Legal Smeagol."...thanks BryanP
"Anybody can give legal advice - but only licensed attorneys can sell it."...vaskidmark

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2021, 04:16:04 PM »
They would need to price it high or they would scream Saturday night special.
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG

brimic

• friends
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2021, 06:43:33 PM »
Colt is dead.  They are just a brand now.  Or model in a catalog.  There are many more modern, capable, and flat-out better manufacturers now.

Like CZ.

This is sort of like Winchester being bought by FN years back.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

robear

• friend
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2021, 12:55:31 AM »
I've always liked the look of the Vietnam-era M16.   I heard Colt was making a civilian replica (the "M16A1 Retro Reissue") so I went to Colt's website.  MSRP: $2,500.00   :O :O   Thank you, no.   Now I'm hoping to get one of the Brownells BRN-16A1s.   I can buy 2 and about six extra P-mags for Colt's price.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2021, 08:27:52 AM »
A Colt 1911 (original design) or 1911A1 would be interesting.  The quality needs to be there without costing $2000. 

A Colt M16A1 clone and / or Single Action Army would be nice as well. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2021, 08:28:38 AM »
They also need to look forward.  Colt shouldn't be solely based on nostalgia. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Fly320s

• friend
« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2021, 09:38:22 AM »
Like CZ.

CZ dead?  Not even close.

They are making new designs that people actually want.  They have a variety of metal and polymer pistols that actually work and that accept red dots.  They are making the very popular Skorpion pistol and carbine.  Plus they make rifles, shotguns, and silencers.

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2021, 09:43:58 AM »

They are making new designs that people actually want.  They have a variety of metal and polymer pistols that actually work and that accept red dots.  They are making the very popular Skorpion pistol and carbine.  Plus they make rifles, shotguns, and silencers.

Yeah, I was like what? CZ sells a wide variety of high quality highly respected guns that usually sell as fast as they're made and is healthy. Colt has lived on name alone and has been on death watch for decades.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2021, 09:56:33 AM by WLJ »
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

DittoHead

• friend
  • Writing for the Bulwark since August 2019
« Reply #14 on: February 15, 2021, 10:33:42 AM »
I think that comment was referring to the "modern, capable, and flat-out better manufacturers" part, not the "being dead" part (or at least I would hope so).

CZ is excellent and I've never been disappointed by any of their products. My only complaint is lack of availability for some of them.
Colt on the other hand...  [barf]
I have a Colt Pocket Hammerless that's pretty slick but I've heard things have gone downhill significantly since 1916 :old:
In the moral, catatonic stupor America finds itself in today it is only disagreement we seek, and the more virulent that disagreement, the better.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2021, 10:44:06 AM »
I have a Colt Pocket Hammerless that's pretty slick but I've heard things have gone downhill significantly since 1916 :old:

IIRC they actually came of WW-II in the red. Now that's mismanagement.
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2021, 10:48:24 AM »
I understood CZ was planning to set up some manufacturing in Arkansas.  At least they acquired land there and talk was the would make the Scorpion and polymer pistols here.  Maybe the Bren rifles also.  Now that they have Colt, they could manufacture their own guns at the Colt plant or move all the Colt machinery down to Arkansas.  It will be interesting to see what happens.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #17 on: February 15, 2021, 10:51:45 AM »
I understood CZ was planning to set up some manufacturing in Arkansas.  At least they acquired land there and talk was the would make the Scorpion and polymer pistols here.  Maybe the Bren rifles also.  Now that they have Colt, they could manufacture their own guns at the Colt plant or move all the Colt machinery down to Arkansas.  It will be interesting to see what happens.

If what I'm hearing is true there isn't much in the way of machinery left and what is left is worn out. Colt is really not much more than an assembler of parts now.
- Calvin and Hobbes

Fly320s

• friend
« Reply #18 on: February 15, 2021, 10:56:34 AM »
Manufacturing guns in Connecticut is a bad idea in today's political climate.  CT is nearly as anti-gun as MA, NY, IL, CA,... etc.  The list gets longer every year.  The only gun friendly state in New England is NH and we lose a bit of that friendliness every year.

A smart company would be setting up shop in a gun friendly state that has low taxes and a low cost of living. 

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #19 on: February 15, 2021, 11:03:36 AM »
A smart company would be setting up shop in a gun friendly state that has low taxes and a low cost of living.

This.

I understand that it is very costly to move manufacturing facilities, but it seems like even those gun manufacturers currently established in the commie states would in the long run be much better off eating the relocation costs now, and getting out while the getting is good.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #20 on: February 15, 2021, 02:23:04 PM »
If what I'm hearing is true there isn't much in the way of machinery left and what is left is worn out. Colt is really not much more than an assembler of parts now.
If that is the case, that makes the decision easy.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #21 on: February 24, 2021, 10:15:48 AM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4p3dh2tri9M

This is a clip from Gun Talk Radio from Sunday.  Tom interviewed one of the head guys at Colt. 

Main take away I got:  1) CZ may be looking at using the extra manufacturing space at Colt and 2) Colt may be coming out with an Anaconda revolver soon. 

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #22 on: January 05, 2024, 12:20:42 PM »
Colt-CZ buys S&B ammo

Colt CZ Group SE (“Colt CZ”, the “Group” or the “Company”) hereby announces that on December 18, 2023, it executed an agreement with CBC Europe S.à r.l. (“CBC”) to purchase 100% interest in Sellier & Bellot a.s. (“Sellier & Bellot”).

Colt CZ shall acquire 100% of shares of Sellier & Bellot for the combination of the cash consideration in the amount of $350 million and a new issue of Colt CZ common stock leading to a 27–28% CBC’s stake in the share capital of Colt CZ Group post transaction. The final number of CBC shareholding in Colt CZ Group will be determined depending on the audited financial results of both companies for the year 2023. The acquisition will be financed through a combination of the Company's existing cash resources and debt financing. The transaction is subject to regulatory approval in various countries and is expected to close in the first half of 2024.

Colt CZ Group SE acquires traditional Czech manufacturer of small caliber ammunition Sellier & Bellot
https://www.coltczgroup.com/en/media-press-releases/colt-cz-group-se-acquires-traditional-czech-manufacturer-of-small-caliber-ammunition-sellier-bellot

Guns & Gadgets video

Another Major Ammunition Manufacturer SOLD!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4sLfdHbqTfY
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #23 on: January 05, 2024, 12:49:02 PM »
Colt-CZ buys S&B ammo

Colt CZ Group SE acquires traditional Czech manufacturer of small caliber ammunition Sellier & Bellot
https://www.coltczgroup.com/en/media-press-releases/colt-cz-group-se-acquires-traditional-czech-manufacturer-of-small-caliber-ammunition-sellier-bellot

Guns & Gadgets video

Another Major Ammunition Manufacturer SOLD!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4sLfdHbqTfY

Will this be good or bad? A lot of my ammo is S&B, and I've been happy with it.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #24 on: January 05, 2024, 12:52:30 PM »
Will this be good or bad? A lot of my ammo is S&B, and I've been happy with it.

Probably neither good or bad. S&B was already Czech and I doubt CZ would change much if anything
- Calvin and Hobbes