Main Forums > Politics

Looks like Biden is Ready to Move on Gun Control

(1/194) > >>

Ben:
Now that Biden is finished with the anti-Trump EOs, he (or his puppet masters) is ready to move on gun control.

--- Quote ---“During the campaign, President Biden laid out an ambitious plan to make our community safer. And that’s why in part, yesterday, senior members of his team … hosted a virtual discussion with leaders of gun violence prevention groups to discuss our shared goals,” said Psaki.

“We look forward to working with gun violence survivors and advocates and sharing more in the weeks and months ahead about our efforts to make our communities safer,” she added.

The main part of Biden’s gun control agenda includes banning the manufacture and sale of “assault weapons” and high-capacity magazines, regulating possession of existing assault weapons under the National Firearms Act, buying back these weapons and high-capacity magazines from citizens, requiring background checks for all gun sales, ending the online sale of firearms and ammunition, and providing more funds to enforce these laws.

The gun control groups who were in attendance at Wednesday’s meeting shared their optimism about getting gun control laws in place that had previously been blocked by the GOP majority in the Senate.

“This meeting provided more evidence that the Biden Administration is committed to being the strongest we’ve ever seen on gun safety,” said John Feinblatt, president of Everytown for Gun Safety, said in a joint press release.
--- End quote ---

https://www.theepochtimes.com/white-house-reassures-gun-control-groups-it-will-fulfill-ambitious-gun-control-agenda_3695005.html

T.O.M.:
I've noticed that the phrase "gun safety" has been adopted by all of the Dems.  Makes it sound better, but it's still a pile of crap.

Maybe time to spend the money I was saving for a rifle project on magazines, hoping for a grandfather clause in the new AWB that will be shoved up our a$$.

TommyGunn:
I don't think he's going to get everything he wants on that ''to-do" list.  Trying to put all semi autos on the NFA  is going to be a logistic nightmare.   I think he might get a assault weapon ban but if he tries to take any away the courts will not allow it. 

RoadKingLarry:

--- Quote from: TommyGunn on February 13, 2021, 05:17:02 PM ---I don't think he's going to get everything he wants on that ''to-do" list.  Trying to put all semi autos on the NFA  is going to be a logistic nightmare.   I think he might get a assault weapon ban but if he tries to take any away the courts will not allow it.

--- End quote ---

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Which courts are you referring to?

zxcvbob:
Didn't he sign the senate report on the right to keep and bear arms sometime in the 1980's?  I will see if I can find a copy; I know I downloaded it but that was 4 or 5 computers ago, and it has probably been memory-holed online by now (I'm not yet willing to go in person the National Archives to find a hard copy)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version