Author Topic: Looks like Biden is Ready to Move on Gun Control  (Read 62136 times)

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
Re: Looks like Biden is Ready to Move on Gun Control
« Reply #825 on: July 30, 2022, 03:10:59 AM »

We need to establish clearly the right to own "weapons of war."
you mean select fire?
I agree.

'they" keep insisting AR's are a weapon of war, yet we do not arm the military with AR15's
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #826 on: July 30, 2022, 06:10:23 AM »
Sure we do.

"Ar15" has come to encompass a wide variety of configurations optimized for various uses. Certainly a Colt 6420 is closer to an M4 than it is to someone's 24" barreled wildcat chambered predator rig,

The auto function and SBRedness of an M4 are just two variations in the wide ranging world of AR's.

We should stop pretending that an M4orgery at home isn't intended to be as close to an infantry carbine as is practical.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #827 on: July 30, 2022, 08:59:03 AM »
Okay, what am I missing?

I keep hearing that it is only an "off chance" that the Senate will pass this. That's the 50/50 Senate, right? What dems in the senate are going to jump ship? I'm certainly not accepting that every R will vote "nay".
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #828 on: July 30, 2022, 09:01:05 AM »
Okay, what am I missing?

I keep hearing that it is only an "off chance" that the Senate will pass this. That's the 50/50 Senate, right? What dems in the senate are going to jump ship? I'm certainly not accepting that every R will vote "nay".

The question is will the gun-grabbers get 60 votes to override a filibuster.  I doubt that they can, but it's not impossible.
"I make love to men daily, but in the imagination."
                         - Barack Obama

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #829 on: July 30, 2022, 09:05:11 AM »
The question is will the gun-grabbers get 60 votes to override a filibuster.  I doubt that they can, but it's not impossible.

I was just gonna repost that I forgot about the 60 votes/ filibuster. I have REALLY got to stop posting before I fully wake up.  :laugh:
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #830 on: July 30, 2022, 09:05:45 AM »
Of course, the Dem majority could nuke the filibuster ...
"I make love to men daily, but in the imagination."
                         - Barack Obama

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #831 on: July 30, 2022, 09:18:32 AM »
Remember it wasn't suppose to pass the house but here we are.
Don't forget they enacted a voting rule change in the morning so that they could vote on 1808 in the afternoon. They're not above changing rules on the fly to get what they want.
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #832 on: July 30, 2022, 10:44:22 AM »
If they make an AR-15 that's lighter than 10 boxes, will that be a way to get around the law?
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #833 on: July 30, 2022, 10:51:40 AM »
If they make an AR-15 that's lighter than 10 boxes, will that be a way to get around the law?

And limit it to single reactor ignition https://youtu.be/V8EDyD97TZo?t=37.

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #834 on: July 30, 2022, 11:42:34 AM »
I don't think it will get past the court if they do somehow pass it but that will be a long fight but maybe it will be enough to add even more loses to them in November.
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG

Pb

• friend
« Reply #835 on: July 30, 2022, 07:01:00 PM »
I don't think it will get past the court if they do somehow pass it but that will be a long fight but maybe it will be enough to add even more loses to them in November.

Probably.

And if the court tosses it (which actually seems likely) tens of millions of more people will panic and run out and buy AR-15s.

Pb

• friend
« Reply #836 on: July 30, 2022, 07:05:07 PM »
you mean select fire?
I agree.

'they" keep insisting AR's are a weapon of war, yet we do not arm the military with AR15's

Yes.  Banning machine guns is a blatant violation of the 2nd.  Every single discussion of what weapons are protected in courts and legal commentary up through Miller v. USA stated plainly that military weapons are protected in by RKBA provisions in the Federal and State Constitutions.  A lot of courts actually said civilian weapons are not protected (bowie knives, pocket pistols) but everyone thought it was obvious that military weapons were protected.

I am not delusional enough to think MGs will ever be legalized though.   :mad:

JN01

• friend
« Reply #837 on: July 31, 2022, 06:45:34 PM »
Handgonnes, matchlocks, flintlocks, caplocks, single shot, lever action, pump action, semi-auto, machine guns, pistols, rifles, shotguns, muzzleloading, centerfire, rimfire, - all have been used as weapons of war.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #838 on: July 31, 2022, 07:04:36 PM »
Are they going to target longbows? They served quite well at Agincourt.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

HeroHog

• Technical Site Pig
  • Administrator
  • It can ALWAYS get worse!
    • FaceButt Profile
« Reply #839 on: July 31, 2022, 07:57:15 PM »
I happen to have a HEAVY draw weight Barnette Compound Crossbow in the back of our SUV right now. Needs a new draw string and a quiver of bolts though.

Come to think of it, will I get in trouble for having this in the truck on VA property, with no bolts?
I might not last very long or be very effective but I'll be a real pain in the ass for a minute!
MOLON LABE!

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #840 on: July 31, 2022, 07:59:12 PM »
Are they going to target longbows? They served quite well at Agincourt.
No, they will go for those assault crossbows first. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #841 on: July 31, 2022, 08:00:37 PM »
Will an arm brace make a crossbow full auto?
- Calvin and Hobbes

HeroHog

• Technical Site Pig
  • Administrator
    • FaceButt Profile
« Reply #842 on: July 31, 2022, 08:02:11 PM »
Will an arm brace make a crossbow full auto?

No, but there is this big German guy...
I might not last very long or be very effective but I'll be a real pain in the ass for a minute!
MOLON LABE!

Andiron

• friend
« Reply #843 on: July 31, 2022, 08:59:35 PM »
No, but there is this big German guy...

That guy rules
"Leftism destroys everything good." -  Ron

There is no fixing stupid. But, you can line it up in front of a wall and offer it a last smoke.

There is no such thing as a "transgender" person.  Only mental illness that should be discouraged.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #844 on: July 31, 2022, 09:55:12 PM »

Come to think of it, will I get in trouble for having this in the truck on VA property, with no bolts?

Probably.

38 CFR § 1.218 - Security and law enforcement at VA facilities.

https://www.law.cornell.edu/cfr/text/38/1.218

(13) Weapons and explosives. No person while on property shall carry firearms, other dangerous or deadly weapons, or explosives, either openly or concealed, except for official purposes.
(b) Schedule of offenses and penalties. Conduct in violation of the rules and regulations set forth in paragraph (a) of this section subjects an offender to arrest and removal from the premises. Whomever shall be found guilty of violating these rules and regulations while on any property under the charge and control of VA is subject to a fine as stated in the schedule set forth herein or, if appropriate, the payment of fixed sum in lieu of appearance (forfeiture of collateral) as may be provided for in rules of the United States District Court. Violations included in the schedule of offenses and penalties may also subject an offender to a term of imprisonment of not more than six months, as may be determined appropriate by a magistrate or judge of the United States District Court:
(37) Possession of firearms, carried either openly or concealed, whether loaded or unloaded (except by Federal or State law enforcement officers on official business, $500.

(38) Introduction or possession of explosives, or explosive devices which fire a projectile, ammunition, or combustibles, $500.

(39) Possession of knives which exceed a blade length of 3 inches; switchblade knives; any of the variety of hatchets, clubs and hand-held weapons; or brass knuckles, $300.

(40) The unauthorized possession of any of the variety of incapacitating liquid or gas-emitting weapons, $200.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

HeroHog

• Technical Site Pig
  • Administrator
    • FaceButt Profile
« Reply #845 on: July 31, 2022, 10:09:16 PM »
Probably.

38 CFR § 1.218 - Security and law enforcement at VA facilities.

https://www.law.cornell.edu/cfr/text/38/1.218

Well, THAT'S an issue. Anyone want a Crossbow? Pay shipping and promise not to shoot cats or dogs and I'll send it to ya!
MOLON LABE!

sumpnz

• friend
« Reply #846 on: July 31, 2022, 11:09:12 PM »
Well, THAT'S an issue. Anyone want a Crossbow? Pay shipping and promise not to shoot cats or dogs and I'll send it to ya!

How loud is it?

HeroHog

• Technical Site Pig
  • Administrator
    • FaceButt Profile
« Reply #847 on: August 01, 2022, 12:30:03 AM »
About "Thwip-Twang!"
MOLON LABE!

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #848 on: August 01, 2022, 08:35:03 AM »
Not sure what to make of this but my  [tinfoil] sense is tinging

Dept. Commerce Census Bureau Requesting Sales Records From Gun Holster Companies?
https://www.ammoland.com/2022/07/census-bureau-requesting-sales-records-gun-holster-companies/#axzz7ZCdS0dbg

Why Is Biden Monitoring Holsters?!?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fEs9WN_BYoY

Now ammo

WHAT?!? Biden Now Tracking Ammo Sales??
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rv6GzDmZ6s4
- Calvin and Hobbes

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #849 on: August 01, 2022, 09:07:07 AM »
You want to take the fun out of everything.   :lol:
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge