Author Topic: Looks like Biden is Ready to Move on Gun Control  (Read 62160 times)

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
Re: Looks like Biden is Ready to Move on Gun Control
« Reply #950 on: November 26, 2022, 10:25:09 AM »
Or how about the bills banning any round that can pierce a police vest that come up from time to time. That would pretty much ban any and all rifle rounds along with many handgun rounds.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2022, 01:16:10 PM by WLJ »
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #951 on: November 26, 2022, 01:09:39 PM »
My thought (which is worth exactly what you pay for it) is that we're going to have to get a solid "What firearms are protected?" case before the Supreme Court before Thomas and one or more of the other conservative members step down. The liberal, gun-grabber lawmakers are just going to keep turning the screws unless/until the SCOTUS finally steps in and says, "No!" If we lose one of two seats on the SCOTUS during a Democratic administration, we can kiss the 2A and the RKBA goodbye.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

sumpnz

• friend
« Reply #952 on: November 26, 2022, 02:26:10 PM »
My thought (which is worth exactly what you pay for it) is that we're going to have to get a solid "What firearms are protected?" case before the Supreme Court before Thomas and one or more of the other conservative members step down. The liberal, gun-grabber lawmakers are just going to keep turning the screws unless/until the SCOTUS finally steps in and says, "No!" If we lose one of two seats on the SCOTUS during a Democratic administration, we can kiss the 2A and the RKBA goodbye.

What makes you think that even a 6-3 decision (because the lib justices will lib) stating “The right of all individual citizens to keep and bear arms for defense of self, community and state cannot be questioned” would even slow them down? 

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #953 on: November 26, 2022, 05:05:02 PM »
At this point I sometimes think they are actually hoping to bait "the right" into using their ARs on cops, so they can go all martial law "round them up".

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #954 on: November 27, 2022, 07:10:02 PM »
It's that gasbag Chris Murphy, so who knows how accurate the number is, but he claims that over 60% of counties in the US are refusing to implement the gun laws these jackwagons are passing.

I don't think he realizes that stating that the majority of local jurisdictions in the country refuse to follow his bans is not the win for his side that he thinks it is.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/11/27/politics/chris-murphy-assault-weapons-ban-cnntv/index.html
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #955 on: November 27, 2022, 07:25:14 PM »
Does the vote on HR1808 reset when the new house members take their seats or does it stay active in the senate?
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #956 on: November 27, 2022, 07:51:47 PM »
It dies if not enacted before the end of the Congress.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #957 on: November 27, 2022, 08:02:01 PM »
Thought so and what I was hoping.
Though that means expect a full on effort to push it through the senate before then. Jan 3 I think?
- Calvin and Hobbes

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #958 on: November 28, 2022, 01:53:06 PM »
Though that means expect a full on effort to push it through the senate before then. Jan 3 I think?

Dec 21 is the last scheduled day for Congress to be in session. Dec 31 is the scheduled adjournment.  I have no idea how easy or hard it would be to add days to the work schedule at this point.  The bill seems to be stuck in the Senate judiciary committee currently.

Andiron

• friend
« Reply #959 on: November 28, 2022, 11:59:27 PM »

They don't have the will to push it through, no matter how much noise they're making.  It's easy to play chicken with that particular third rail but they're evil, not stupid.
"Leftism destroys everything good." -  Ron

There is no fixing stupid. But, you can line it up in front of a wall and offer it a last smoke.

There is no such thing as a "transgender" person.  Only mental illness that should be discouraged.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #960 on: November 29, 2022, 10:46:16 AM »
State Senator has introduced a bill that exempts Shelby (Memphis) and Davidson (Nashville) counties of TN from permitless carry and carry permits to be required in those counties.

WHAT? Exempt From Constitutional Carry?!?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnamdme16Jo

- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #961 on: December 09, 2022, 07:43:49 AM »
Dropped yesterday

BREAKING NEWS: ATF Sends Pistol Brace Final Rule To White House For Review!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=89d0LCRZ1uM
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #962 on: December 15, 2022, 11:42:18 AM »
Says CDC deleted gun defensive use stats off their site after gun control groups made complains about the stats. Since it didn't match up with their "stats" it must be wrong.

Big News! CDC Deletes Defensive Gun Use Stats To Help Gun Controllers
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XA2F6m0Fgo8
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #963 on: December 15, 2022, 01:54:57 PM »
Twitchy has picked up the story

For years, the CDC's "fast facts" website on gun violence included a reference to the range of estimates on how often guns were used in self-defense (60,000 to 2.5 million per year) and a link to a CDC review of studies on the topic. https://t.co/tKmo3v3BNg

— Stephen Gutowski (@StephenGutowski) December 15, 2022

However, after the White House and Senator Dick Durbin's office helped connect them with CDC officials, a group of gun-control advocates disputed the higher end of the estimate and said the CDC referencing it made passing new gun restrictions difficult. https://t.co/tKmo3v3BNg

— Stephen Gutowski (@StephenGutowski) December 15, 2022

Nothing suspicious here at all

Damning report by Stephen Gutowski reveals how CDC ditched vital data and bent over for gun grabbers
https://twitchy.com/sarahd-313035/2022/12/15/damning-report-by-stephen-gutowski-reveals-how-cdc-ditched-vital-data-and-bent-over-for-gun-grabbers/
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #964 on: December 20, 2022, 04:29:45 PM »
    Trump and MAGA Republicans knowingly sent an armed mob to the Capitol—extremist groups took Trump's words as a call to action. pic.twitter.com/17CA2B58Sf

— CAP Action (@CAPAction) December 19, 2022
    Domestic terrorists are the #1 threat to our nation & they are heavily armed with weapons of war. @SenSchumer should schedule a vote ban assault weapons to keep Congress safe. If the insurrectionists were armed with AR15s, we would not be living in a democratic nation right now. https://t.co/4Cln1CcMfn

— Newtown Action Alliance (@NewtownAction) December 20, 2022

But they didn't did they.  Guess that fact is lost on CAP Action.
Wait a minute. Were any guns actually found on the "insurrectionists"?
Besides, I thought the govt had F-15s and nukes making AR-15s useless

https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2022/12/20/newtown-action-alliance-says-ar-15s-should-be-banned-to-keep-congress-safe/

« Last Edit: December 21, 2022, 11:35:44 AM by WLJ »
- Calvin and Hobbes

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #965 on: December 21, 2022, 11:08:14 AM »
Shouldn't CDC quit doing or saying anything at all about guns? Pretty sure they should.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #966 on: March 03, 2023, 07:40:53 PM »
Read today that the new ghost gun rule goes into effect.

https://thehill.com/regulation/legislation/3614421-atf-goes-after-ghost-guns-as-new-rule-takes-effect/

The new rule requires that retailers run background checks before selling parts kits that someone could use to assemble a firearm, clarifies the definition of frame or receiver and identifies which parts of the firearm must be marked with a serial number.

The rule also requires that gun retailers and gunsmiths add a serial number to guns printed on 3D printers or any nonserialized firearms they accept for resale or purchase.

The time for which gun retailers must retain records has also been increased from two decades to the entire time in which the retailers are licensed. The Justice Department noted that ATF had been unable to trace many firearms that were reportedly used in homicides and violent crime due to the destruction of records after 20 years.

Update

A federal judge in Texas has granted a preliminary injunction against the federal government’s enforcement of the final rule regarding partially manufactured firearm parts and kits in a case known as VanDerStok v. Garland, which challenged the authority of the Justice Department and Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF) to regulate items that are not firearms, as if they were firearms

Federal Judge Grants Injunction Blocking Enforcement of ATF’s ‘Frame or Receiver’ Rule
https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/federal-judge-grants-injunction-blocking-enforcement-of-atfs-frame-or-receiver-rule/
- Calvin and Hobbes