Author Topic: Looks like Biden is Ready to Move on Gun Control  (Read 61100 times)

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
Re: Looks like Biden is Ready to Move on Gun Control
« Reply #25 on: February 16, 2021, 08:02:12 PM »
I wish someone would make a O/U shotgun that looks like a AR-15.

Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #26 on: February 17, 2021, 05:40:13 PM »
"Slow walk background checks".

That's one I was worried about regarding my suppressor that's still in jail.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/how-could-biden-tighten-gun-control-without-congress-approval
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

T.O.M.

• friend
« Reply #27 on: February 17, 2021, 07:03:45 PM »
From what I'm seeing, the strategy if the "frog in hit water" approach.  Start with background checks, go to an AWB, maybe go after "internet sales".  See what kind of fight they get on these.  Biden throws some Ex Orders, sees how far he can go before a judge says no.  How far they take this may depend on how hard we fight back.  It would be nice if these new gun owners join our side.  I fear a lot of them bought a gun and a few boxes of ammo, stuck them with their lanterns and canned goods, and couldn't care less about RKBA.
No, I'm not mtnbkr.  ;)

a.k.a. "our resident Legal Smeagol."...thanks BryanP
"Anybody can give legal advice - but only licensed attorneys can sell it."...vaskidmark

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #28 on: February 19, 2021, 10:08:06 AM »
Polls are polls, so taken with a grain of salt:

https://www.theepochtimes.com/most-republicans-satisfied-with-us-gun-laws-most-democrats-dissatisified-poll_3703161.html

My first thought when reading this, if the numbers are accurate, was the old "pie analogy". If Rs are satisfied with current laws, they are satisfied with a whole pie that is 6" in diameter, versus the 36" diameter whole pie we started with.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #29 on: March 03, 2021, 09:29:02 AM »
"Bipartisan". Freakin' RINOs.

Original cosponsors for the federal expansion of background checks on all gun sales include Robin Kelly (D-Ill.), Fred Upton (R-Mich.), Sheila Jackson Lee (D-Texas), Brian Fitzpatrick (R-Pa.), Christopher Smith (R-N.J.),  and Lucy McBath (D-Ga.).

https://www.theepochtimes.com/bipartisan-background-checks-act-of-2021-reintroduced_3717714.html

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #30 on: March 03, 2021, 11:02:19 AM »
"Bipartisan". Freakin' RINOs.

https://www.theepochtimes.com/bipartisan-background-checks-act-of-2021-reintroduced_3717714.html

:facepalm:   we've known for a long time that not every Repub is 2A friendly.  The big question is what goes through the senate;  do the demon-rats remember th 94 AWB and what happened the next election? ? ?

Keep your powder dry.
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #31 on: March 03, 2021, 11:10:54 AM »
:facepalm:   we've known for a long time that not every Repub is 2A friendly.  The big question is what goes through the senate;  do the demon-rats remember th 94 AWB and what happened the next election? ? ?

Keep your powder dry.

Real question is with the way they appear to have control of elections now do they even care? And remember whatever they pass this time you can bet dollars to donuts it won't have an expiration date like the 94 bill did so even if they are elected out the damage will be done and don't hold your breath on anything getting repealed afterwards.
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #32 on: March 03, 2021, 11:23:50 AM »
Real question is with the way they appear to have control of elections now do they even care? And remember whatever they pass this time you can bet dollars to donuts it won't have an expiration date like the 94 bill did so even if they are elected out the damage will be done and don't hold your breath on anything getting repealed afterwards.

If H. R. 1 becomes law,  THE ENTIRE CONSTITUTION AND BILL OF RIGHTS IS DEAD.
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #33 on: March 03, 2021, 11:47:47 AM »

The really insidious thing about HR1 is that any states that individually fight it will end up making it stronger. I see several flyover states are now pushing voter ID and other laws to protect election integrity. All that means is that there is less voter fraud in those particular states and the states with lax laws still have rampant fraud. If we can't get voter ID laws in states like CA, or, as it appears, HR1 makes voting even less secure in those states, we are doomed as far as working within the system. One step closer to rifle time.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #34 on: March 03, 2021, 12:21:41 PM »

"Comrade Lenin Cleanses The Earth Of Filth"

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #35 on: March 03, 2021, 11:28:27 PM »
"Slow walk background checks".

That's one I was worried about regarding my suppressor that's still in jail.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/how-could-biden-tighten-gun-control-without-congress-approval
I thought suppressors did not use the NICS system for the background check. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #36 on: March 04, 2021, 08:08:50 AM »
I thought suppressors did not use the NICS system for the background check.

I wasn't talking specifically NICS, but anything that requires a fed.gov background check. AFAIK, there is no time limit in which the gov HAS to process a tax stamp application. What's to keep administrators from telling their employees, "Don't process all that suppressor paperwork right now - we have some higher priority stuff you have to do." No law required, just bureaucracy acting in the classical meaning of sabotage.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #37 on: March 05, 2021, 08:37:27 AM »
Apparently a pro 2A Michigan Senate Resolution is "Insurrection Material" according to another state senator 

https://www.legislature.mi.gov/documents/2021-2022/resolutionintroduced/Senate/pdf/2021-SIR-0022.pdf

Pro 2nd Amendment Resolution Called Insurrection Material?!?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vf_qJCQo1uI
« Last Edit: March 05, 2021, 08:56:14 AM by WLJ »
- Calvin and Hobbes

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #38 on: March 05, 2021, 09:32:56 AM »
Apparently a pro 2A Michigan Senate Resolution is "Insurrection Material" according to another state senator 

https://www.legislature.mi.gov/documents/2021-2022/resolutionintroduced/Senate/pdf/2021-SIR-0022.pdf

Pro 2nd Amendment Resolution Called Insurrection Material?!?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vf_qJCQo1uI

Well, yeah, it is.  That's one of the reasons the 2nd Amendment exists.  It exists in case we need to toss the rascals out and they do not wish to go quietly.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #39 on: March 05, 2021, 10:20:17 AM »
Good way of looking at it but I'm sure she equates insurrection with far right wing extremists, white supremacy, etc...
- Calvin and Hobbes

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #40 on: March 05, 2021, 10:26:59 AM »
Good way of looking at it but I'm sure she equates insurrection with far right wing extremists, white supremacy, etc...

More like a 4 year old who just learned a new word.
"It's good, though..."

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #41 on: March 05, 2021, 06:54:45 PM »
Well it looks like as of now, my fear of "slow walking" tax stamps is not happening. The owner of my LGS just called to let me know the can stamp for my M1A came in. We were talking and I mentioned my fear of the slow down and surprise that it came in already. He checked the paperwork, and not only did it come in early, but is the fastest that I've gotten one. My last two took seven months. On this one, BATF got the paperwork on 01SEP and approved and mailed the stamp on 02FEB. The freaking post office took a month to deliver it today, 05MAR.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #42 on: March 06, 2021, 09:11:05 AM »
HR8 - (Universal background checks (which is basically pointless without registration )) and HR 1446 - (Unlimited, or up to 30 days depending on how you read the bill, background check holds that can only be cleared up by the customer filing a petition for review) are coming up to bat next week.

The Dark Side of the Universal Background Check Bill HR8
https://www.ammoland.com/2019/08/the-dark-side-of-the-universal-background-check-bill-hr8/#axzz6oL7DDYDO

Enhanced Background Check Act 2021 (HR 1446) Explained
https://rocketffl.com/enhanced-background-check-act-2021-hr-1446/

'A Huge Moment': Gun Safety Groups Hopeful About Bipartisan Background Checks Bill
https://www.newsweek.com/huge-moment-gun-safety-groups-hopeful-about-bipartisan-background-checks-bill-1573282

HR8 & HR1446 Officially On House Schedule For Next Week
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R0eIKoDnFu4
« Last Edit: March 06, 2021, 09:28:44 AM by WLJ »
- Calvin and Hobbes

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #43 on: March 06, 2021, 01:16:53 PM »
I figure in five years time we will no longer have a Second Amendment.  The Constitution itself may be gone, replaced by a new one written by our political betters where the government grants us "human rights".
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

tokugawa

• friend
« Reply #44 on: March 11, 2021, 01:58:37 AM »
I figure in five years time we will no longer have a Second Amendment. country.
Fixed it for ya.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #46 on: March 11, 2021, 02:22:18 PM »
Headed to Senate....

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2021/03/11/house-passes-Democrat-bill-criminalizing-private-gun-sales/

Does anyone know which Rs voted for it? I saw five of them co-sponsored it but didn't see all the names.

Additionally, the house passed HR1446, which allows indefinite delay of background checks, versus 72 hours.

https://www.theepochtimes.com/house-passes-gun-control-bill-expanding-background-checks-on-firearm-sales_3729592.html

EDIT: Just found the seven Rs:

Vern Buchanan (FL)
Brian Fitzpatrick (PA)
Maria Salazar (FL)
Andrew Garbarino (NY)
Chris Smith (NJ)
Fred Upton (MI)
Carlos Gimenez (FL)
Adam Kinzinger (IL)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #47 on: March 11, 2021, 03:56:55 PM »
Steve Scalise
@SteveScalise
·
4h
🚨 BREAKING → House Democrats just REJECTED an amendment that would have required ICE to be notified if an illegal immigrant tries to buy a gun.

But they’re fine taking away the gun rights of law-abiding American citizens.

T.O.M.

• friend
« Reply #48 on: March 11, 2021, 07:11:23 PM »

The Dark Side of the Universal Background Check Bill HR8
https://www.ammoland.com/2019/08/the-dark-side-of-the-universal-background-check-bill-hr8/#axzz6oL7DDYDO

This is very interesting.  My thoughts going in were that, if confronted about how the owner obtained the firearm, the owner could simply end-around the law by simply claiming to have had the firearm for years.  Absent it being something recently manufactured, there would be no way for law enforcement to prove it was obtained after the law went into effect.  This seems to indicate that this is an intentional omission in the law to allow the legislature to "fix the mistake" by creating a national registry requiring owners to give the feds of everything owned so it can be used to make sure all current transfers are done with background checks.

Right now, most of my guns were obtained through private transfers or inheritance.  This goes into effect, I have to choose to give Uncle Sam a list or become a criminal...
No, I'm not mtnbkr.  ;)

a.k.a. "our resident Legal Smeagol."...thanks BryanP
"Anybody can give legal advice - but only licensed attorneys can sell it."...vaskidmark

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #49 on: March 11, 2021, 09:26:42 PM »
Idaho legislators are currently looking at pushing through what is basically "FU fed.gov" legislation regarding unconstitutional laws, making them "null and void". The local news I've read on this all cites gun control as one of the main reasons. I hope it passes, though I don't know how well it will stand up to the feds or courts.

https://apnews.com/article/legislation-idaho-courts-62397ad7b8109e5b0a9a6c16adef1592