Author Topic: Looks like Biden is Ready to Move on Gun Control  (Read 61104 times)

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

Blakenzy

• friend
Re: Looks like Biden is Ready to Move on Gun Control
« Reply #76 on: March 24, 2021, 08:07:26 PM »
We are well into tyranny and no one seems to be doing much about it but I think that a strong move on firearms might be the watershed moment for many people holding back. What ever they do to disarm Citizens is going to have to be a half measure. They can't just jump, they still have to creep. Unless they intend to cause a ruckus of course. However given the pace of events, I don't think they have the patience to wait years for their schemes, it's more like months.
"Knowledge will forever govern ignorance, and a people who mean to be their own governors, must arm themselves with the power knowledge gives. A popular government without popular information or the means of acquiring it, is but a prologue to a farce or a tragedy or perhaps both"

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #77 on: March 25, 2021, 12:22:08 AM »
However given the pace of events, I don't think they have the patience to wait years for their schemes, it's more like months.

My guess is that when Harris replaces Biden the train is going to accelerate into hyperdrive.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Blakenzy

• friend
« Reply #78 on: March 25, 2021, 04:49:42 AM »
Edit: repeated link to warrantless seizure story
"Knowledge will forever govern ignorance, and a people who mean to be their own governors, must arm themselves with the power knowledge gives. A popular government without popular information or the means of acquiring it, is but a prologue to a farce or a tragedy or perhaps both"

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #79 on: March 25, 2021, 07:40:56 AM »
Talk of Republican compromise. Not unexpected. It's sounding like there may not be votes for a magazine or "assault rifle" ban, but I'm going to go ahead and lay money on something background check related passing in the next couple of months.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/republicans-gun-control-senate-house
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #80 on: March 25, 2021, 09:42:07 AM »
When in doubt try guilt tripping them

“When Congress doesn’t act, it sends an unintentional but very real sign of endorsement to these would-be killers. It looks like we’re approving the way in which they are managing their grievances, because we don’t do anything year after year.”

By extension IMHO he's in effect also saying all gun owners endorse "these would be killers"

Murphy: By Failing to Pass Gun Control, Congress Has Become Complicit in Mass Shootings
https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/murphy-by-failing-to-pass-gun-control-congress-has-become-complicit-in-mass-shootings/
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #81 on: March 25, 2021, 09:44:50 AM »
At a minimum, I predict universal background checks, possibly also waiting periods and magazine size restrictions.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

T.O.M.

• friend
« Reply #82 on: March 25, 2021, 12:42:07 PM »
At a minimum, I predict universal background checks, possibly also waiting periods and magazine size restrictions.

Agreed.  But I'm also predicting a ban on imports by E.O., and I think that will be imported guns, parts, and ammo.  Also see the law shielding firearms companies in serious danger, especially if they kill the filibuster.  I'm hearing from sources at work that this is a primary goal, as it will allow gun and ammo companies to be sued out of existence.  Complete gun control without need for Congress to pass a single ban.
No, I'm not mtnbkr.  ;)

a.k.a. "our resident Legal Smeagol."...thanks BryanP
"Anybody can give legal advice - but only licensed attorneys can sell it."...vaskidmark

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #83 on: March 25, 2021, 12:46:58 PM »
I am predicting Congress will not pass anything but Biden will try to do it with EO's including including the import ban.  IMO, that will lead to some interesting times. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #84 on: March 25, 2021, 12:47:09 PM »
My bet was on what Congress does. I agree that if Biden can do EOs, he'll do any he can.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #85 on: March 25, 2021, 12:54:31 PM »
Agreed.  But I'm also predicting a ban on imports by E.O., and I think that will be imported guns, parts, and ammo.  Also see the law shielding firearms companies in serious danger, especially if they kill the filibuster.  I'm hearing from sources at work that this is a primary goal, as it will allow gun and ammo companies to be sued out of existence.  Complete gun control without need for Congress to pass a single ban.

Sort of like the 1st amendment right to free speech is being killed by big tech.
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #86 on: March 25, 2021, 02:48:00 PM »
I am listening to Steven Crowder's live coverage of Biden's press conference today.  Biden was asked about the recent shootings, gun control, and the liability protection act he promised to remove.  Biden immediate started talking about infrastructure and clean water.  There was no follow up question.  Either he lost his place and started talking about other stuff or he is trying to avoid the issue.  If he is avoiding the issue, that is a good thing for us.  Hard to say with Biden.

“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #88 on: March 25, 2021, 07:59:47 PM »
This seems like potentially good news:

President Joe Biden, responding to a question on Thursday on when to push gun control measures, promised a series of actions to regulate the sale of firearms but said his next agenda item pertains to U.S. infrastructure.

https://www.theepochtimes.com/biden-gun-control-will-be-a-matter-of-timing_3749619.html

From the rest of the article, it sounded almost like he was brushing off the gun control question. The more things that get "prioritized" ahead of gun control, the better, IMO.

I won't get my hopes up, but I found it interesting that he actually said in a press conference that he wants to do infrastructure first, especially while the libs and MSM are on the gun control warpath.

I have to wonder if dem strategists are actually thinking about what happens in mid-terms after gun control legislation is passed?

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #89 on: March 25, 2021, 08:20:26 PM »
https://tinyurl.com/yp4vjhu

Secret Service Intervened In Hunter Biden Gun Incident; Hunter May Have Lied On Background Check Form, Report Says

I doubt anything will ever come of this, but it fits with what we know of the Biden's. 

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #90 on: March 26, 2021, 08:00:10 PM »
And I guess I was wrong again. No date given, but the language sounds like, "soon". Who knows what it will be. I'll bet an import ban.

President Joe Biden will sign executive orders on gun control in the near future, confirmed White House press secretary Jen Psaki on Friday.

When asked about the prospect of taking executive action, Psaki responded with, “Yes.”

“I can’t give you an exact time frame, in part, because they have to go through a review process, which is something that we do from here,” Psaki told reporters at the White House.

https://www.theepochtimes.com/white-house-confirms-biden-will-sign-executive-order-on-gun-control_3751243.html

T.O.M.

• friend
« Reply #91 on: March 28, 2021, 11:05:20 AM »
A Dem insider I know claims Biden is going to ban by EO the importation of all firearms, firearm parts of any kind, and all ammunition.  My thought:  I know at one point a lot of gun companies were importing parts for assembly in US factories, including SIG and Glock.  It would be almost funny if DOD and .gov couldn't get new firearms because of this.
No, I'm not mtnbkr.  ;)

a.k.a. "our resident Legal Smeagol."...thanks BryanP
"Anybody can give legal advice - but only licensed attorneys can sell it."...vaskidmark

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #92 on: March 28, 2021, 12:56:01 PM »
A Dem insider I know claims Biden is going to ban by EO the importation of all firearms, firearm parts of any kind, and all ammunition.  My thought:  I know at one point a lot of gun companies were importing parts for assembly in US factories, including SIG and Glock.  It would be almost funny if DOD and .gov couldn't get new firearms because of this.

Any Us firearm company that can survive needs to pull a Ronny Barrett. Refuse to sell to them.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #93 on: March 28, 2021, 01:12:50 PM »
Any Us firearm company that can survive needs to pull a Ronny Barrett. Refuse to sell to them.

Sadly, only the smaller guys ever seem to have the guts (or lack of NYC shareholders) to do it. Barrett was a great example of someone with a niche product that gov entities needed (or really wanted). If someone like Sig said "no" to the gov, someone like Glock would swoop right in.

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #94 on: March 28, 2021, 06:43:31 PM »
Sadly, only the smaller guys ever seem to have the guts (or lack of NYC shareholders) to do it. Barrett was a great example of someone with a niche product that gov entities needed (or really wanted). If someone like Sig said "no" to the gov, someone like Glock would swoop right in.

To sell guns to the US government, those guns must be made in the US.  Glock builds guns in the US with some parts imported from Austria. 

Also, government contracts take a long time to bid, finance, accept, supply, distribute, etc.  If the military said today they are changing to Glocks, it would still take 10 years to make it happen.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #95 on: March 28, 2021, 07:03:11 PM »
To sell guns to the US government, those guns must be made in the US.  Glock builds guns in the US with some parts imported from Austria. 

Also, government contracts take a long time to bid, finance, accept, supply, distribute, etc.  If the military said today they are changing to Glocks, it would still take 10 years to make it happen.

I was more talking about local/state. I think Barrett stopped selling to cops.

just Warren

• friend
  • My DJ name is Heavy Cream.
« Reply #96 on: March 28, 2021, 07:25:11 PM »
What if Joe EOs a complete ban on foreign guns, parts, and ammo and then US manufacturers totally fill the resultant product gap?

Would we really be that bad off? It could work out for us politically.

That is a lot more Americans will be employed directly and indirectly by the firearms industry making that a larger constituency of people who would be opposed to more gun control in general.

And encouraging home manufacturing of anything makes this country less dependent on outsiders and that's always a good thing. 
Member in Good Standing of the Spontaneous Order of the Invisible Hand.

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #97 on: March 28, 2021, 07:30:35 PM »
What if Joe EOs a complete ban on foreign guns, parts, and ammo and then US manufacturers totally fill the resultant product gap?

Repealing the Protection of Lawful Commerce in Arms Act, which is a dem wet dream, will allow dem/leftest lawyers to then burn US manufactures to the ground in short order. 
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #98 on: March 28, 2021, 09:58:40 PM »
How far will he go? There are many bullet mold manufacturers and other reloading parts made overseas. There has already been customs problems for some of them since the election.
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #99 on: March 29, 2021, 12:51:55 AM »

Would we really be that bad off? It could work out for us politically.

In terms of modern, semi-auto firearms I think we'd be fine. However, a total import ban would eliminate Uberti and Pietta, who make most of the cowboy six-gun clones -- including not only their own brands but also Cimmaron, Taylor's, and I think a couple of others. IIt would also put VTI Gun Parts out of business.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design