Author Topic: Looks like Biden is Ready to Move on Gun Control  (Read 61120 times)

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
Re: Looks like Biden is Ready to Move on Gun Control
« Reply #100 on: March 29, 2021, 01:24:52 PM »
In terms of modern, semi-auto firearms I think we'd be fine. However, a total import ban would eliminate Uberti and Pietta, who make most of the cowboy six-gun clones -- including not only their own brands but also Cimmaron, Taylor's, and I think a couple of others. IIt would also put VTI Gun Parts out of business.
  ----Which is why I would be a little suspicious of this.  I don't think  President Ponysoldier gives a tinker's  BLEEP about repro cap & ball and black powder guns. 

I have no doubt he'll issue a EO  banning importation of some guns and related stuff.
Right now,  I'm going to wait and see.   
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #101 on: March 29, 2021, 02:23:28 PM »
Semi-auto seems to be the bad term these days so I can see an import ban being specific to semi-auto guns. 

Another reason to have the 45/70 lever action on call.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
« Reply #102 on: March 29, 2021, 05:30:58 PM »
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #103 on: March 30, 2021, 08:12:08 AM »
While I applaud people stepping up for gun rights, I sure wish this would be occurring in a post-Wayne NRA. He's probably secure in his position for the near future.

https://www.theepochtimes.com/nra-memberships-jump-amid-pandemic-push-for-stricter-gun-control_3755084.html

The National Rifle Association (NRA) has seen a jump in new members in recent months, with 150,000 signups in 2021 alone so far.

On average, the gun rights group is seeing about 1,000 new members a day, Amy Hunter, the NRA’s director of media relations, told The Epoch Times.

The surge is attributed in part to the gun restrictions being discussed by Democrats in Congress and President Joe Biden.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #104 on: March 30, 2021, 11:00:11 AM »
I heard yesterday that universal background checks could pass filibuster.  Apparently some R senators are getting soft on it.  I heard John Cornyn of Texas is one of them. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #105 on: March 30, 2021, 11:04:40 AM »
I heard yesterday that universal background checks could pass filibuster.  Apparently some R senators are getting soft on it.  I heard John Cornyn of Texas is one of them.

I knew some Rs would fold on that. Some because they are really Ds, and some because they seem to only be listening to the "headlines" vs understanding both the current system and what the antis want to impose. The "common sense" excuse.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #106 on: March 30, 2021, 11:10:43 AM »

Because we need to do more of what we already know doesn't work to appease the liberal gods.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2021, 11:59:54 AM by WLJ »
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #107 on: April 01, 2021, 09:30:24 AM »
Add another "boogeyman" to the growing list "Concealable Assault Weapons"

109 Members of Congress Beg Biden To Add "Concealable Assault Weapons" To NFA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aBl7tcMxG4A

The letter
https://neguse.house.gov/imo/media/doc/2021_03_31%20GVPTF%20Ltr%20re%20Concealable%20Assault%20Weapons%20(signed).pdf?fbclid=IwAR1jUwq6MLR76ACNZumjPbbQbgpmPXiTZiq2mlVawxNc8KzRIhDdjFaPSsg

« Last Edit: April 01, 2021, 09:47:40 AM by WLJ »
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #108 on: April 02, 2021, 09:17:42 AM »
This is probably just moron dem politicians spouting off, but as far as I know, Biden can't EO a ban on AR pistols (other than import related), can he?

A group of House Democrats has asked President Joe Biden to take executive action on “concealable assault-style firearms,” citing two mass shootings in Atlanta and Boulder, Colorado, last month.

“Concealable assault-style firearms that fire rifle rounds pose an unreasonable threat to our communities and should be fully regulated under the National Firearms Act consistent with the intent and history of the law. The recent tragedy in Boulder, Colorado where 10 people including a police officer were killed is one in a string of deadly incidents involving this style of weapon,” Reps. Mike Thompson (D-Calif.), Joe Neguse (D-Colo.), Val Demings (D-Fla.), and Ed Perlmutter (D-Colo.) said in a letter to Biden.

They said that because alleged Boulder gunman Ahmad Al Aliwi Alissa used a semi-automatic Ruger AR-556 pistol, which is a smaller variant of an AR-15-style rifle, either Congress or Biden should take action.

https://www.theepochtimes.com/house-democrats-ask-biden-to-take-executive-action-on-concealable-assault-style-firearms_3758815.html

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #109 on: April 02, 2021, 09:35:13 AM »
This is probably just moron dem politicians spouting off, but as far as I know, Biden can't EO a ban on AR pistols (other than import related), can he?

https://www.theepochtimes.com/house-democrats-ask-biden-to-take-executive-action-on-concealable-assault-style-firearms_3758815.html
Trump got the ATF to call bump stocks machine guns despite them not meeting the statutory definition.  Why couldn't Biden do something similar?

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #110 on: April 02, 2021, 09:39:55 AM »
Trump got the ATF to call bump stocks machine guns despite them not meeting the statutory definition.  Why couldn't Biden do something similar?

That's a good example. I simply don't myself know how far EOs can be stretched.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #111 on: April 02, 2021, 07:16:08 PM »
In theory, an Executive Order can only direct in some way the implementation of an existing law or regulation. It can't create new laws or new regulations.

That's "in theory."
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
« Reply #112 on: April 02, 2021, 07:22:25 PM »
I've heard that the ATF might try to classify AR pistols as AOW, but at this point it's all speculation.
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #113 on: April 07, 2021, 03:23:25 PM »
BOHICA ...

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/biden-executive-actions-gun-control

Looks like we'll find out tomorrow just how bad it's going to be.
"I make love to men daily, but in the imagination."
                         - Barack Obama

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #114 on: April 07, 2021, 03:31:39 PM »
My prediction
Braces
"Ghost"/80% guns/lowers
Imported "assault" guns and maybe ammo
- Calvin and Hobbes

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #115 on: April 07, 2021, 04:03:41 PM »
80% firearms would be a hard one.  At some point, someone will have to decide when a block of aluminum becomes a receiver. 

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #116 on: April 07, 2021, 04:14:06 PM »
They are quoting the gun experts at politico, so certainly take it with a grain of salt:

According to a report from Politico, Biden’s order may center on so-called “ghost guns,” which would require individuals to undergo background checks when they purchase kits to build a gun. It’s unclear if this would apply to guns that are 3-D printed. The Epoch Times has contacted the White House for comment.

https://www.theepochtimes.com/biden-confirms-hell-make-announcement-on-gun-control-this-week_3766379.html

I wonder if they will try to umbrella "kit" to mean the "everything but the stripped lower" kits that PSA and others sell? Or maybe even uppers?

The article also mentioned eliminating what the cool antigun  kids are calling the "charleston loophole" where you get your gun if the NICS takes more than 72 hours.

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
« Reply #117 on: April 07, 2021, 04:17:01 PM »
80% firearms would be a hard one.  At some point, someone will have to decide when a block of aluminum becomes a receiver. 

Isn't there some substantive legal precedent for the 80% threshold? If so, it's possible it would trigger a SCOTUS intervention.

Brad
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #118 on: April 07, 2021, 04:29:26 PM »
Isn't there some substantive legal precedent for the 80% threshold? If so, it's possible it would trigger a SCOTUS intervention.

Brad

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
SCOTUS
 :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #119 on: April 07, 2021, 05:00:35 PM »
They don't want to wake up with a horse's head in their bed.
- Calvin and Hobbes

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #120 on: April 07, 2021, 05:01:15 PM »

Brad
I assumed it was either a court ruling or an ATF regulation.  Never heard of a law saying that.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #121 on: April 07, 2021, 05:02:47 PM »
I am betting on import limits/bans. 

On the domestic side whatever they do will be challenged in court so I expect it to be something they think they can either win or drag out in court.

Kingcreek

• friend
« Reply #122 on: April 07, 2021, 05:03:09 PM »
So now I need a ghost gun,
a high capacity assault ghost gun with a brace.
What we have here is failure to communicate.

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #123 on: April 07, 2021, 05:16:14 PM »
So now I need a ghost gun,
a high capacity assault ghost gun with a brace.

Don't forget to buy some imported ammo for it.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #124 on: April 07, 2021, 05:27:26 PM »
Dana Loesch
@DLoesch
·
2h
Does it include bringing charges against members of his family for stealing a handgun and falsifying a 4473?
Quote Tweet
Breaking911
@Breaking911
 Â· 4h
BREAKING: President Biden to unveil executive action on gun control Thursday - Politico

‘Does it include…’? Dana Loesch has a GREAT question about Biden’s upcoming gun control EOs
https://twitchy.com/dougp-3137/2021/04/07/does-it-include-dana-loesch-has-a-great-question-about-bidens-upcoming-gun-control-eos/

:rofl:
- Calvin and Hobbes