Author Topic: Looks like Biden is Ready to Move on Gun Control  (Read 61134 times)

Jim147

• friends
Re: Looks like Biden is Ready to Move on Gun Control
« Reply #125 on: April 07, 2021, 06:08:46 PM »
There better be a lawsready to go and impeachment papers since he is breaking his oath of office.

But in not holding my breath.
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG

robear

• friend
« Reply #126 on: April 07, 2021, 06:09:55 PM »
I have always wanted to build an AR.   Seems like now is a good time to at least get my 'ghost gun' 80% lower. >:D
So, I just ordered a 80% lower from 80percentarms.com.    Thanks for the motivation Joe! [ar15]

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #127 on: April 07, 2021, 06:47:15 PM »
And 46 will be nominating a gun control advocate as the new ATF Director:

Zeke Miller
@ZekeJMiller
WASHINGTON (AP) — AP sources: Biden to nominate former special agent, gun control advocate David Chipman as ATF director.

In his Twitter bio, David Chipman describes himself thusly: “ATF Special Agent (retired), Gun Violence Prevention Advocate @GiffordsCourage, Michigander in Virginia and Proud 97%er.”

Apparently the dude locked his twitter account ahead of time so people can't find out how much of a totalitarian commie he is.

"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #128 on: April 07, 2021, 06:52:04 PM »

Apparently the dude locked his twitter account ahead of time so people can't find out how much of a totalitarian commie he is.

Biden to Nominate Giffords Gun Control Group Policy Advisor as ATF Director
https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/biden-to-nominate-giffords-gun-control-group-advisor-as-atf-director/

If you thought the ATF was a PITA now......
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #129 on: April 07, 2021, 07:00:05 PM »
If anyone was waiting on a tax stamp I would be willing to bet there's suddenly going to be some extra delays.
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #130 on: April 07, 2021, 07:30:03 PM »
If anyone was waiting on a tax stamp I would be willing to bet there's suddenly going to be some extra delays.

Yeah, seeing this guy nominated, my first thought was to get another can in the pipeline, but then I wondered if it would even go through. It would suck to pay $800 for a can, then suddenly have tax stamps suspended or something and be out the dough.

Maybe this guy will be too much of a hot potato to make it through the confirmation hearings. At least a couple of D senators might be afraid of getting voted out if they confirm him.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #131 on: April 07, 2021, 07:41:50 PM »
The Arizona Governor just signed a bill to preempt any new fed gun laws that the state deems unconstitutional. Good for him.

The same was supposed to happen here in Idaho, but it appears the legislation is held up. Maybe Biden's announcement will get them off their asses. I recall reading a quote in the local paper from a legislator here that it is vital to get this kind of legislation through BEFORE any new fed laws ore EOs are issued as it is apparently legally problematic to do the prohibition thing to laws already on the books.

Arizona Gov. Doug Ducey signed legislation on April 6 that would prohibit police and sheriffs in the state from enforcing new federal gun laws that may violate the Constitution’s Second Amendment.

Proponents of the bill have argued that it would ensure that the rights of gun owners are protected from what they have described as potential overreach by the federal government, while critics say the law will undermine cooperation between Arizona law enforcement and federal officials.

https://www.theepochtimes.com/mkt_breakingnews/arizona-governor-signs-bill-to-defy-any-new-federal-gun-control-laws_3766323.html?&utm_source=News&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=breaking-2021-04-07-3&mktids=c454881760320bf150698487c6406567&est=51a19JwBha8X1gEdGbAbhOu0Bqaua1%2B3oPALx%2Fr6uhlTtUDgqjrU9%2Fkqbxo2hfMbgQvQsGtq

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #132 on: April 07, 2021, 07:46:54 PM »
The Arizona Governor just signed a bill to preempt any new fed gun laws that the state deems unconstitutional. Good for him.

The same was supposed to happen here in Idaho, but it appears the legislation is held up. Maybe Biden's announcement will get them off their asses. I recall reading a quote in the local paper from a legislator here that it is vital to get this kind of legislation through BEFORE any new fed laws ore EOs are issued as it is apparently legally problematic to do the prohibition thing to laws already on the books.

https://www.theepochtimes.com/mkt_breakingnews/arizona-governor-signs-bill-to-defy-any-new-federal-gun-control-laws_3766323.html?&utm_source=News&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=breaking-2021-04-07-3&mktids=c454881760320bf150698487c6406567&est=51a19JwBha8X1gEdGbAbhOu0Bqaua1%2B3oPALx%2Fr6uhlTtUDgqjrU9%2Fkqbxo2hfMbgQvQsGtq

Waiting on something like that here in Ky. %$@! Dem gov would probably veto it but the Rs in the senate have enough votes to override.
- Calvin and Hobbes

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #133 on: April 07, 2021, 08:04:05 PM »

I see those laws as a little bit dangerous; all they do is say police and sheriffs will turn a blind eye to federal gun laws and prohibits them from assisting the feds.  It offers no protection against the feds arresting and prosecuting you on their own, but it might lead citizens to think they had protection.
"It's good, though..."

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
« Reply #134 on: April 07, 2021, 08:19:57 PM »

Used to run Giffords. he worries me more than the possibility of some EOs.

bob

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #135 on: April 07, 2021, 09:21:49 PM »

I see those laws as a little bit dangerous; all they do is say police and sheriffs will turn a blind eye to federal gun laws and prohibits them from assisting the feds.  It offers no protection against the feds arresting and prosecuting you on their own, but it might lead citizens to think they had protection.
I like it since it might give pause to some of the big city police chiefs who would be tempted to go crazy with gun control enforcement. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #136 on: April 07, 2021, 09:44:08 PM »
Some stuff seems to be leaking. "Ghost guns" and also...

The Justice Department will be given 60 days to issue a separate rule on stabilizing braces, which can turn a pistol into a more accurate weapon that fires like a rifle. Sixty days will also be provided for the DOJ to develop model "red flag" legislation that would allow friends and family members to identify an individual as a potential danger, thereby temporarily preventing the person from accessing a firearm.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/biden-actions-gun-violence

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #137 on: April 07, 2021, 09:45:00 PM »
https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefing-room/statements-releases/2021/04/07/fact-sheet-biden-harris-administration-announces-initial-actions-to-address-the-gun-violence-public-health-epidemic/

These are the headers of the main paragraphs.
The Justice Department, within 30 days, will issue a proposed rule to help stop the proliferation of “ghost guns.”
The Justice Department, within 60 days, will issue a proposed rule to make clear when a device marketed as a stabilizing brace effectively turns a pistol into a short-barreled rifle subject to the requirements of the National Firearms Act.
The Justice Department, within 60 days, will publish model “red flag” legislation for states.
The Administration is investing in evidence-based community violence interventions.
The Justice Department will issue an annual report on firearms trafficking.
The President will nominate David Chipman to serve as Director of the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
« Reply #138 on: April 07, 2021, 11:09:47 PM »
https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefing-room/statements-releases/2021/04/07/fact-sheet-biden-harris-administration-announces-initial-actions-to-address-the-gun-violence-public-health-epidemic/

These are the headers of the main paragraphs.

If they go NFA with the braces and allow the free issuance of Tax Stamps as floated a while back I will just have to get a couple of extras for SBRing my spare lowers. ;)

bob

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #139 on: April 08, 2021, 12:22:50 AM »
Ordered two 80% AR-9 glock mag lowers just for spite. I have the metal for my 0% standard lower.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

T.O.M.

• friend
« Reply #140 on: April 08, 2021, 08:13:41 AM »
Great, a policy director for an anti-gun group to be the head of ATF...Can't imagine what he's gonna do... ;/
No, I'm not mtnbkr.  ;)

a.k.a. "our resident Legal Smeagol."...thanks BryanP
"Anybody can give legal advice - but only licensed attorneys can sell it."...vaskidmark

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #141 on: April 08, 2021, 08:15:49 AM »
Great, a policy director for an anti-gun group to be the head of ATF...Can't imagine what he's gonna do... ;/

But he owns a gun and has a carry permit!!!!!!!

In an op-ed he penned in The Roanoke Times last year, Chipman described himself as a "proud gun owner" who has sometimes been "mischaracterized as a gun grabber." Chipman noted that he supports gun safety regulations that would "save lives" but wouldn’t take guns away from law-abiding citizens.

"I am a proud and responsible gun owner, as are millions of Virginians," Chipman wrote. "I am also permitted to carry a concealed handgun. I am not afraid of lawmakers in Richmond passing laws to make it harder for criminals to get guns. In fact, I’m part of the majority who demand it."

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/biden-david-chipman-atf

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #142 on: April 08, 2021, 08:19:55 AM »
Ordered two 80% AR-9 glock mag lowers just for spite. I have the metal for my 0% standard lower.

Which vendor?
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #143 on: April 08, 2021, 08:36:12 AM »
But he owns a gun and has a carry permit!!!!!!!

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/biden-david-chipman-atf

There are two classes, peasants where everyone is equal and elites who are more equal. Only the elites can be trusted with guns, you're not an elite.
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #144 on: April 08, 2021, 08:39:31 AM »
I found this link to a reddit Q&A discussion Chipman held. His answers here tell a lot about him.

https://www.reddit.com/r/politics/comments/d285va/i_am_david_chipman_giffords_courage_to_fight_gun/

Example:

Hi David you made an appearance on CBS news and seemed to have made several conflicting or outright false statements.

For example at 4:40 in the clip below you state that its a

it's a myth that silencers can be used in lieu of hearing protection"

and then in your next statement

silencers are particularly deadly because they cause confusion in shootings and make it hard to recognize gun fire.

My question is: How is it something can be so loud that it still requires hearing protection, but quiet enough that it makes it hard to recognize gun fire?

In case you need a refresher the clip can be viewed at

https://www.cbsnews.com/video/mass-shooting-of-12-in-virginia-beach-reignites-debate-about-silencers/

Save
level 2
David_Chipman
1 year ago
I'll let this gun violence survivor speak for themselves.

"When we heard the first shots, it sounded like a nail gun going off."

https://www.npr.org/2019/06/02/728986386/virginia-beach-shooting-survivor-says-victim-laid-down-his-life-to-save-colleagu

He also really hammers on AR pistols in this discussion.

Edit again. One more. You really have to read through that link. Holy moly.

1 year ago
Hi David. Should gun manufacturers be held accountable for things done by other people with the guns they sell?

Save
level 2
David_Chipman
1 year ago
Of course. Just like any other industry.

ConstitutionCowboy

• friend
  • My Gender and Pronouns are Standard.
« Reply #145 on: April 08, 2021, 11:51:25 AM »
Biden moves on "Gun Control"

Large Numbers of NICS Checks

I believe these gun sales are a direct result of the threat to our freedoms. I believe more and more people are beginning to see where all this government control is leading and realize that it may come to a shooting war. It will take a shooting war to preserve those freedoms and restore those that have been infringed or lost and no one wants to be caught unable to participate in such a righteous end to the dictatorial human debris that staff and despotically abuse the offices of our Constitution.

I think it is ironic that Biden and his ilk - authors all to the threat to our rights and freedoms - continue to press on with their agenda in light of the obvious rising of the people's ability to resist. We can only hope and pray that they reach the epiphany that they can't have us before those of us who revere our rights and freedoms and and revel in them must take a stand. I believe they misjudge our need and desire to remain a free people. I believe they have forgotten that their jobs working for the Constitution are primarily to secure our rights and freedoms or are simply ignoring their constitutional duties in order to turn us into subjects, slaves, and villein.

Woody

"Knowing the past, I'll not surrender any arms and march less prepared into the future."   B.E.Wood

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #146 on: April 08, 2021, 12:34:30 PM »
Biden moves on "Gun Control"

Large Numbers of NICS Checks

I believe these gun sales are a direct result of the threat to our freedoms. I believe more and more people are beginning to see where all this government control is leading and realize that it may come to a shooting war. It will take a shooting war to preserve those freedoms and restore those that have been infringed or lost and no one wants to be caught unable to participate in such a righteous end to the dictatorial human debris that staff and despotically abuse the offices of our Constitution.

I think it is ironic that Biden and his ilk - authors all to the threat to our rights and freedoms - continue to press on with their agenda in light of the obvious rising of the people's ability to resist. We can only hope and pray that they reach the epiphany that they can't have us before those of us who revere our rights and freedoms and and revel in them must take a stand. I believe they misjudge our need and desire to remain a free people. I believe they have forgotten that their jobs working for the Constitution are primarily to secure our rights and freedoms or are simply ignoring their constitutional duties in order to turn us into subjects, slaves, and villein.

Woody

I would love to agree with you, but I can't.

Some people are buying guns because of the threat to our liberty, but I think most of the new buyers are of the mindset of, "I'd better buy one while I can."  At the first sign of new laws enacted or confiscation started, those new buyers will happily turn in their guns. 
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #147 on: April 08, 2021, 01:01:40 PM »
If you can stomach it, Harris and Biden:

https://youtu.be/SXosHWozjeo

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/biden-guns-remarks-executive-actions

EDIT: That video also made me breathe a sigh of relief that Merrick Garland did not make it onto the Supreme Court.

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #148 on: April 08, 2021, 01:27:24 PM »
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

Lennyjoe

• friend
« Reply #149 on: April 08, 2021, 01:50:23 PM »
What do you think about Joes words? 

“ Their phony argument suggesting that these are Second Amendment rights at stake for what we’re talking about, but no amendment to the Constitution is absolute. ”