Author Topic: Looks like Biden is Ready to Move on Gun Control  (Read 61117 times)

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
Re: Looks like Biden is Ready to Move on Gun Control
« Reply #150 on: April 08, 2021, 02:32:48 PM »
What do you think about Joes words? 

“ Their phony argument suggesting that these are Second Amendment rights at stake for what we’re talking about, but no amendment to the Constitution is absolute. ”

If they say it loud enough and long enough then people will believe it because that will be their basis for learning about the Constitution. It doesn't get taught in school anymore so what people learn is what they hear.

bob

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #151 on: April 08, 2021, 03:15:15 PM »
I would love to agree with you, but I can't.

Some people are buying guns because of the threat to our liberty, but I think most of the new buyers are of the mindset of, "I'd better buy one while I can."  At the first sign of new laws enacted or confiscation started, those new buyers will happily turn in their guns.
So far, compliance rates with "turn'em in" laws in a few states has been incredible low. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #152 on: April 08, 2021, 06:44:51 PM »
80% lowers doubled in price on some sites today.
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG

BobR

• friend
« Reply #153 on: April 08, 2021, 07:08:23 PM »
80% lowers doubled in price on some sites today.

Well, isn't that a total surprise. Douchebags.  ;/

bob

Andiron

• friend
« Reply #154 on: April 08, 2021, 07:41:46 PM »

“ Their phony argument suggesting that these are Second Amendment rights at stake for what we’re talking about, but no amendment to the Constitution is absolute. ”

I'd say that puts him in violation of his oath of office,  and directly into conflict with my oath of enlistment.

[popcorn]
"Leftism destroys everything good." -  Ron

There is no fixing stupid. But, you can line it up in front of a wall and offer it a last smoke.

There is no such thing as a "transgender" person.  Only mental illness that should be discouraged.

Kingcreek

• friend
« Reply #155 on: April 08, 2021, 08:26:42 PM »
My wife and I were having dinner and had the radio news on. She asked me what a “ghost gun” was. I explained the 80% thing. She still didn’t get it, so I went to the basement and came back with one. She didn’t think it looked all that dangerous.
What we have here is failure to communicate.

BobR

• friend
« Reply #156 on: April 08, 2021, 08:41:33 PM »
My wife and I were having dinner and had the radio news on. She asked me what a “ghost gun” was. I explained the 80% thing. She still didn’t get it, so I went to the basement and came back with one. She didn’t think it looked all that dangerous.

We all know they do not look dangerous. Actually, there isn't any danger at all with a 80% lower.That is not the point as far as the current administration is, it is the IDEA that is dangerous. Many ideas have become dangerous, just look at the cancel culture!

bob

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #157 on: April 08, 2021, 09:04:51 PM »
The fact that they don't have 100% control over them is what makes them dangerous in their mind
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

ConstitutionCowboy

• friend
  • My Gender and Pronouns are Standard.
« Reply #158 on: April 08, 2021, 09:23:31 PM »
The fact that they don't have 100% control over them is what makes them dangerous in their mind

Yeah, but ... Only dangerous to them.

Woody
   "Knowing the past, I'll not surrender any arms and march less prepared into the future."   B.E.Wood

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #159 on: April 08, 2021, 09:43:46 PM »
I need to get a block of aluminum and put a serial number on it. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #160 on: April 08, 2021, 09:45:33 PM »
Except they have no control and tracing doesn't provide that.  How does tracing help with all the guns we hear about stolen from police vehicles?

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #161 on: April 08, 2021, 10:41:05 PM »
I need to get a block of aluminum and put a serial number on it. 

Or a shovel. Both things can be made into a rifle.
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #162 on: April 08, 2021, 11:44:39 PM »
Or a shovel. Both things can be made into a rifle.

Just keep it separate from your shoe laces.
"I make love to men daily, but in the imagination."
                         - Barack Obama

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #163 on: April 09, 2021, 12:24:25 AM »

Essentially poli-legal drivel used by elitists to justify any intrusion into or assault upon our rights.  Sure, there are "limits" to rights as they were not ever supposed to justify harming others.  Freedom of speech doesn't protect libel or slander (usually civil law concerns) or incitement to riot as those are crimes and hurtful to others. The right is limited to the existential parameters of the said right.

"The right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed"  is a pretty absolute statement.   It is "the right of the people,"  hence the right is connected to, and possessed by, the PEOPLE.  To "keep and bear arms" obviously means to "maintain ownership and possession of,"  and "to carry upon one's person"  arms (of the types that can be owned and carried).  "Shall not be infringed"  is the requirement no govt. may attack said right: the word "shall" is an "imperative," meaning it's not polite asking, it means "you WILL comply".  The government CANNOT  "infringe" the right.  I think many either do not really understand or deliberately ignore this word.  "Infringe" has two meanings in my dictionary; 1.) To intrude into.  2.) To diminish.  If one cannot intrude into, say, a room,  one may by definition not touch, alter, or  enter into the room to perform any function in said room.  If it must not be diminished,  then by definition it must remain whole. 

We have certain rational exclusions that have long been true;  for example, felons and excons are generally prohibited from owning or carrying arms as they have been adjudicated guilty in a court of law.  Children who are below "the age of understanding" cannot handle guns as they won't comprehend the consequences of misuse or might accidently hurt themselves or others.

But a adult who is in full possession of his rights, is not an excon,  must not have his rights under the Second Amendment be abbreviated, diminished, or altered.  In this sense,  it is absolute.

Not ALL gun laws will necessarily injure 2A rights.  A jurisdiction may decide that open carry is lawful, or that the weapon must be concealed.  But one, the other, or both, must be permitted.
A point of contention may be conceal carry permits  vs. "Constitutional Carry."  Must a citizen request "permission" to carry?   I suppose if the law is "must issue"  such a law can be saidacceptable,  but not "may issue,"  as capricious officials might deny a permit based on whim or political ideology.
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #164 on: April 09, 2021, 08:18:31 AM »
Wasn't sure if I should post this here, or in one of the "fake news" threads.

Holy hell. I thought I would click through the "local" news stations this morning to catch any "local" news on this and maybe get news on what Idaho is going to do to fight this. Instead, all three "local" stations pretty much mimicked the MSM when they covered Biden's speech from yesterday. Pretty much word for word, like from a script.

Which confirms that video that was posted here (I can't remember who or where on the forum). It was a Youtube compilation of 'local" stations across the country covering a national story. They all, word for word, said the same thing about the national story. Just confirming that "local" news is controlled by whatever national media corp owns the stations.

I will say that one of them had a separate story on Idaho reaction to it, and at least that was in line with state beliefs. Though it was like as 15 second segment, and the "local reporter" still managed to throw in that stupid Biden line that a brace makes and AR pistol "deadly accurate".
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #165 on: April 09, 2021, 09:32:46 AM »
Essentially poli-legal drivel used by elitists to justify any intrusion into or assault upon our rights.  Sure, there are "limits" to rights as they were not ever supposed to justify harming others.  Freedom of speech doesn't protect libel or slander (usually civil law concerns) or incitement to riot as those are crimes and hurtful to others. The right is limited to the existential parameters of the said right.

"The right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed"  is a pretty absolute statement.   It is "the right of the people,"  hence the right is connected to, and possessed by, the PEOPLE.  To "keep and bear arms" obviously means to "maintain ownership and possession of,"  and "to carry upon one's person"  arms (of the types that can be owned and carried).  "Shall not be infringed"  is the requirement no govt. may attack said right: the word "shall" is an "imperative," meaning it's not polite asking, it means "you WILL comply".  The government CANNOT  "infringe" the right.  I think many either do not really understand or deliberately ignore this word.  "Infringe" has two meanings in my dictionary; 1.) To intrude into.  2.) To diminish.  If one cannot intrude into, say, a room,  one may by definition not touch, alter, or  enter into the room to perform any function in said room.  If it must not be diminished,  then by definition it must remain whole. 

We have certain rational exclusions that have long been true;  for example, felons and excons are generally prohibited from owning or carrying arms as they have been adjudicated guilty in a court of law.  Children who are below "the age of understanding" cannot handle guns as they won't comprehend the consequences of misuse or might accidently hurt themselves or others.

But a adult who is in full possession of his rights, is not an excon,  must not have his rights under the Second Amendment be abbreviated, diminished, or altered.  In this sense,  it is absolute.

Not ALL gun laws will necessarily injure 2A rights.  A jurisdiction may decide that open carry is lawful, or that the weapon must be concealed.  But one, the other, or both, must be permitted.
A point of contention may be conceal carry permits  vs. "Constitutional Carry."  Must a citizen request "permission" to carry?   I suppose if the law is "must issue"  such a law can be saidacceptable,  but not "may issue,"  as capricious officials might deny a permit based on whim or political ideology.
Well said. 

I think the felon/excon issue should be reconsidered.  I don't think the Govt should take away someone's rights permanently short of a death sentence.  If they have served their sentence and/or paid their debt, they should get their rights restored.  Whether that is after release from prison or completion of parole, I don't know.  I think it would trigger some changes in the way we do punishments if that were to happen. 

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #166 on: April 09, 2021, 09:47:25 AM »
Well said. 

I think the felon/excon issue should be reconsidered.  I don't think the Govt should take away someone's rights permanently short of a death sentence.  If they have served their sentence and/or paid their debt, they should get their rights restored.  Whether that is after release from prison or completion of parole, I don't know.  I think it would trigger some changes in the way we do punishments if that were to happen.

I agree with you on all points.

TommyGunn, your statement is dead-nuts accurate.  Every pro- and anti-gun person needs to hear that over and over and over.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

Angel Eyes

• friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #167 on: April 09, 2021, 06:51:53 PM »
                         - Barack Obama

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #168 on: April 11, 2021, 09:31:03 AM »
I have the feeling that this video will be making the rounds as part of the anti-ebr agenda. I can't tell if it's a brace or stock. Seems like a rare instance of using an AR in this type of situation.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/new-mexico-police-officer-fatally-shot-in-the-head-during-routine-stop-in-february-video-shows
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #169 on: April 11, 2021, 10:49:11 AM »
As an aside, I am super surprised that standard capacity AR mags are still in good supply at fair prices. Magpul $12 mags are ubiquitous.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #170 on: April 11, 2021, 11:01:01 AM »
As an aside, I am super surprised that standard capacity AR mags are still in good supply at fair prices. Magpul $12 mags are ubiquitous.

After the last couple of scares companies like Magpul flooded the market and people stuffed their closets full of them. I figured the market would get saturated eventually. Bet there's still warehouses full of them.
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

HankB

• friend
« Reply #171 on: April 12, 2021, 01:17:54 PM »
After the last couple of scares companies like Magpul flooded the market and people stuffed their closets full of them. I figured the market would get saturated eventually. Bet there's still warehouses full of them.
But . . . where's the ammunition to load the mags with?

It's not a matter of the ammo being snapped up as soon as it hits the dealer's shelves - by and large, it's never reaching most dealer's shelves in the first place.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Angel Eyes

• friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #172 on: April 12, 2021, 01:44:04 PM »
From what I've seen, the ammo situation is slowly improving, albeit at prices notably higher than pre-panic.
                         - Barack Obama

Lennyjoe

• friend
« Reply #173 on: April 12, 2021, 03:09:11 PM »
From what I've seen, the ammo situation is slowly improving, albeit at prices notably higher than pre-panic.

Most sellers are still limiting to 1 box per here locally.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #174 on: April 15, 2021, 05:27:55 PM »
- Calvin and Hobbes