Author Topic: Looks like Biden is Ready to Move on Gun Control  (Read 61116 times)

Cliffh

• friend
Re: Looks like Biden is Ready to Move on Gun Control
« Reply #175 on: April 15, 2021, 07:55:07 PM »
Still waiting on my last order of 30 rd mags to come in...

Lennyjoe

• friend
« Reply #176 on: April 15, 2021, 10:24:22 PM »
I’ve been buying a few here and there over the years...

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #177 on: April 15, 2021, 10:26:46 PM »
I wonder if this introduced legislation will start the yet unseen run/price increase on the 30 round AR mags?

I don't know that it will make it past the senate, but all it takes sometimes is the introduction to start the panic.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Nick1911

• Administrator
« Reply #179 on: April 15, 2021, 11:00:53 PM »
Introducing a suppressor ban next:

https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2021/04/15/this-again-sen-dianne-feinstein-says-gun-suppressors-hide-the-sound-of-gunfire-from-potential-victims-and-law-enforcement/

Yea well... come get it.  Oh, and good luck with that.  From Kansas state law:

Sec. 4. (a) A personal firearm, a firearm accessory or ammunition that is owned or manufactured commercially or privately in Kansas and that remains within the borders of Kansas is not subject to any federal law, treaty, federal regulation, or federal executive action, including any federal firearm or ammunition registration program, under the authority of congress to regulate interstate commerce. It is declared by the legislature that those items have not traveled in interstate commerce. This section applies to a firearm, a firearm accessory or ammunition that is owned or manufactured in the state of Kansas.

(b) "Firearms accessories" means items that are used in conjunction with or mounted upon a firearm but are not essential to the basic function of a firearm, including, but not limited to, telescopic or laser sights, magazines, flash or sound suppressors, collapsible or adjustable stocks and grips, pistol grips, thumbhole stocks, speedloaders, ammunition carriers and lights for target illumination.

Sec. 7. It is unlawful for any official, agent or employee of the government of the United States, or employee of a corporation providing services to the government of the United States to enforce or attempt to enforce any act, law, treaty, order, rule or regulation of the government of the United States upon a firearm, a firearm accessory, or ammunition that is owned or manufactured commercially or privately in the state of Kansas and that remains within the borders of Kansas. Violation of this section is a severity level 10 nonperson felony.

Should federal agents attempt to collect my suppressor, I will request that the Kansas state police enact a felony arrest of that person as they are committing a felony in the state of Kansas.

Kansas... we're a little prickly about our guns.  Stay off our lawn.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #180 on: April 17, 2021, 10:18:13 AM »
BIDEN: "The folks who own guns, they support universal background checks. The majority of them think we should not be selling assault weapons. Who in God’s name needs a weapon that can hold 100 rounds, or 40 rounds, or 20 rounds." pic.twitter.com/iQIKno5MnV

— Daily Caller (@DailyCaller) April 16, 2021

Or 10 rounds or 5 rounds. Amiright?

Two rounds in the shotgun is all anybody needs. Or a musket.

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #181 on: April 17, 2021, 12:06:41 PM »
Or 10 rounds or 5 rounds. Amiright?

Two rounds in the shotgun is all anybody needs. Or a musket.

Guess I will look like Mel Gibson in the Patriot. 3-4 muskets, hatchet, hide a field piece in the barn or something. In lieu of that I have spent way too much getting all my 9mm AR parts enroute to my door. Can’t afford to build both powers out right now but have all the parts for one. Learning curve, first non 22 blowback gun ever. Need a dot sight now too. Argh...
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #182 on: April 18, 2021, 12:10:17 AM »
And now another shooting in Nebraska at a shopping mall. The Dems have to be behind this *expletive deleted*it.
Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #183 on: April 18, 2021, 12:20:17 AM »
And now another shooting in Nebraska at a shopping mall. The Dems have to be behind this *expletive deleted*it.

One dead, one wounded. Not a mass shooting. And there was another shooting at the same mall a month ago, with only one person (a police officer) wounded.

Not a Democrat operation -- not enough body count.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Nick1911

• Administrator
« Reply #184 on: April 18, 2021, 12:26:49 AM »

Maybe!  But, it's easy to deceive ourselves based on our own preconceptions.  If there was some data source that we could TRUST about mass shootings, we could draw some conclusions.  I don't trust the MSM, obviously.  I don't trust many official figures published by US government agencies.  But, we have a member that has been meticulous in analyzing and recording this information, and I trust him.

So, I put it to Hawkmoon: Based on the information you have collected, have mass shooting increased during the Biden presidency?

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #185 on: April 18, 2021, 01:51:18 AM »

So, I put it to Hawkmoon: Based on the information you have collected, have mass shooting increased during the Biden presidency?

I have logged 11 events for 2021, all since Biden took office:
  • Buffalo, MN (Allina Clinic) - 1 killed, 4 wounded
  • New Orleans (George Washington Carver HS) - 1 killed, none wounded
  • Pine Bluff, AR (Watson Chapel Jr. HS) - none killed, 1 wounded
  • Indianapolis, IN (Domestic dispute) - 4 killed, 1 wounded
  • Atlanta, GA (Massage parlor shootings) - 8 killed, 1 wounded
  • Boulder, CO (King Sooper's) - 10 killed, 0 wounded
  • Virginia Beach, VA (Atlantic Ave - Domestic? Gang?) - 0 killed, 8 wounded
  • Orange, CA (Unified Homes) - 4 killed, 1 wounded
  • Rock Hill, SC (Lesslie murders) - 6 killed, 0 wounded
  • Knoxville, TN (Austin East Magnet HS) - 1 killed, 1 wounded
  • Indianapolis, IN (FedEx) - 8 killed, 7 wounded

Trump took office in 2017. There was one incident on January 6, 2017 (so under Obama), and two in April. I show 22 incidents total for 2017, including the one on January 6.

For 2018 I have 34 incidents for the year. (18 through April)

For 2019 I have 31 incidents for the year. (10 through April)

For 2020 I have 10 incidents for the year. (2 through April)

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #186 on: April 18, 2021, 08:08:35 AM »
Our perceptions are distorted by the volume of stories about an event that occur and how long they cover an event, how the stories are framed and whether the politicians are making official statements and talking about the event.

For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Ron

• friends
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #187 on: April 18, 2021, 08:38:10 AM »
Just ran across this article and it's apropos to this discussion.
"The US has reported at least 45 mass shootings in the last month"

https://www.cnn.com/2021/04/16/us/mass-shootings-45-one-month/index.html

Trusting anything reported by the government media complex opens you up to manipulation.

All media, not just the "leftist" stuff.

From the extreme left to the hard core right and everything in between, it is increasingly difficult to separate true information from disinformation.

For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #188 on: April 18, 2021, 11:55:34 AM »
Just ran across this article and it's apropos to this discussion.
Trusting anything reported by the government media complex opens you up to manipulation.

All media, not just the "leftist" stuff.

From the extreme left to the hard core right and everything in between, it is increasingly difficult to separate true information from disinformation.

I'm sure my database isn't complete. It began as a way to track school shootings. Then I expanded it to cover mass shootings in public places -- random attacks in places like malls, churches, and synagogues. However, one "official" definition just includes any incident in which three or more people are shot -- not necessarily in public places. So that leaves it open to domestic disputes, gang warfare, drug deals that go bad, etc. While those kinds of incidents aren't good, they aren't the kind of incident most people worry about when the media talks about "mass shootings," and so I generally don't count them.

The recent Lesslie shooting wasn't in a public place, it was at the doctor's home. But it also wasn't a domestic dispute, and two workers from an a/c company who happened to be at the site were also killed, so I decided to include it.

Ron

• friends
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #189 on: April 19, 2021, 08:48:54 AM »
^I reject most everything CNN reports out of hand and assume that the opposite of their reporting is potentially closer to the truth.

Has anyone else seen the reporting on the big "ghost gun" bust in Spain? They are definitely setting the table to go after 3-D printing of firearms.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #190 on: April 19, 2021, 09:00:57 AM »
^I reject most everything CNN reports out of hand and assume that the opposite of their reporting is potentially closer to the truth.

I do the same with them and other MSM outlets. I'm sure people on the other side do the same with Fox. This is the state of our news reporting and people's trust (regardless of politics) in it. It seems that the "5 Ws" of reporting are pretty much dead.

I am still happy with the Epoch Times, since their one big bias is their anti-CCP stance, and that's easily recognizable. Their other reporting seems to be closer to reporting facts without opinion than most.

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #191 on: April 19, 2021, 09:42:58 AM »
Maybe he'll recommend you buy two.
Yeah right

Myself as a public health person, I think you can’t run away from [gun violence]. I mean when you see people getting killed, I mean, in this last month it’s just been horrifying what’s happened. How can you say that’s not a public health issue?

— Dr. Anthony Fauci

Dr. Anthony Fauci Looks for the Next Big Public Health Battle: Guns
https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/dr-anthony-fauci-looks-for-the-next-big-public-health-battle-guns/
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #192 on: April 19, 2021, 11:47:28 AM »
Maybe he'll recommend you buy two.
Yeah right

Dr. Anthony Fauci Looks for the Next Big Public Health Battle: Guns
https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/dr-anthony-fauci-looks-for-the-next-big-public-health-battle-guns/
What is old is new again.  There is still a law saying the CDC is not supposed to use their budget for gun control studies. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

fifth_column

• friend
« Reply #193 on: April 19, 2021, 11:52:59 AM »
I doubt there are any more shootings now than there have ever been. There are just more of them being reported, advertised, and glorified (gore-ified is more accurate.)
Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and it never will... The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress. ― Frederick Douglass

No American citizen should be willing to accept a government that uses its power against its own people.  -  Catherine Engelbrecht

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #194 on: April 19, 2021, 11:53:49 AM »
What is old is new again.  There is still a law saying the CDC is not supposed to use their budget for gun control studies.

There's also one that says "Shall Not Be Infringed" that they're ignoring
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #195 on: April 19, 2021, 02:29:12 PM »

When did the democraps start caring about laws?
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #196 on: April 19, 2021, 02:33:36 PM »
When did the democraps start caring about laws?
They seem to care a great deal about everyone else following laws, just not themselves.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #197 on: April 20, 2021, 08:19:36 AM »
I have to admit that I was unaware of this "oversight authority" nor that Trump removed it when he was in (another stealth move by Trump, and one that I guess many of his supporters were unaware of).

Between it being The Hill, and the dumbass politicians they interviewed, I'm guessing there is a ton of inaccurate firearms related language here. But "sniper rifles"? Again? We're back to banning Savage 110s? I guess the bright side might be that it will rile up some of the Fudds that are fine with EBR bans. I'll have to mention this to the old guy (a Fudd) that I hunt with.  :laugh:

https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/549065-senate-democrats-call-on-biden-to-restore-oversight-of-semiautomatic-and

EDIT: Oh, as an entertaining (or aggravating) tangent, check out the comments to this article. Not just on guns, but the people who read The Hill believe crap like this (a commenter responding to someone stating that with groups like antifa, people want to be armed):

Show us Antifa. Show us their leaders, where they meet, what destruction they have caused. From what I can tell, they are just a right-wing bogeyman

How locked down and narrow do your news sources need to be to actually believe this?

EDIT 2: I guess this is foreign sales. Still, bringing in nebulous terms like "sniper rifle" will have domestic gun control connotations.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2021, 08:32:34 AM by Ben »

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #198 on: April 20, 2021, 09:08:52 AM »
I suspect next up will be an attempt to ban any ammo that can defeat police body armor.
 Of course most any center fire rifle round will do that but that wont be the focus..
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #199 on: April 20, 2021, 09:10:24 AM »
I suspect next up will be an attempt to ban any ammo that can defeat police body armor.
 Of course most any center fire rifle round will do that but that wont be the focus..

Sen Kennedy proposed that very thing back in the 80s.
- Calvin and Hobbes