Author Topic: Looks like Biden is Ready to Move on Gun Control  (Read 61976 times)

dogmush

• friend
Re: Looks like Biden is Ready to Move on Gun Control
« Reply #350 on: January 28, 2022, 05:12:14 PM »
Biden is headed to NYC next Thursday to talk about how evil guns are and what he plans to do about them. I'm not sure if these are new plans, or if he's rehashing his old plans to make a big media production out of it, then let it all go on the backburner again.

https://twitchy.com/dougp-3137/2022/01/28/dem-damage-control-biden-headed-to-nyc-next-week-to-promote-his-strategy-to-combat-gun-crime/

Well we all know making a media storm of gun control will help keep Republicans away from the midterms. 

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #351 on: January 28, 2022, 05:23:56 PM »
Well we all know making a media storm of gun control will help keep Republicans away from the midterms.

Politicians these days don't seem to know what the term, "long game" means anymore. They're all in the "today game". If this knocks Biden's poll numbers up five points the week after next, he'll call it a win.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #352 on: January 28, 2022, 11:52:35 PM »
So do we get a NYC mass shooting hours before he gets there like the bridge? [tinfoil]
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #353 on: January 29, 2022, 07:32:54 AM »
So do we get a NYC mass shooting hours before he gets there like the bridge? [tinfoil]

Probably. Of course being NYC like any other giant shithole it’s good odds it’ll happen naturally.

Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #354 on: February 03, 2022, 01:14:41 PM »

New term "Iron Pipeline"

Here’s the AP’s report of the administration’s latest effort at distraction . . .

The Biden administration is expanding a crackdown on untraceable guns and firearms trafficking along the East Coast “iron pipeline” and elsewhere as police departments across the nation fight surging gun violence that’s left a trail of bloodshed already this year.

President Joe Biden plans to announce the effort during a visit Thursday to New York City, where he’ll also showcase his plan to work with state and local law enforcement to get guns and repeat shooters off the streets. Biden also will stop at a school to meet with violence intervention leaders.

The visit comes as illegal guns flood the streets and gun violence claims scores of lives, including those of police officers. At the same time, Biden, a Democrat, is trying to dispel criticism from the right that he hasn’t been tough enough on crime.

Biden’s Latest Misdirection Maneuver: Battling the ‘Iron River’ of Guns Into NYC
https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/bidens-latest-misdirection-maneuver-battling-the-iron-river-of-guns-into-nyc/
« Last Edit: February 03, 2022, 01:36:47 PM by WLJ »
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #355 on: February 03, 2022, 02:12:47 PM »
I am sure none of that would have anything to do with  complete lack of enforcement of any crimes short of murder.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #356 on: February 03, 2022, 02:19:18 PM »
"Iron Pipeline"

New PSA lower in 3,2,1.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #357 on: February 03, 2022, 02:19:30 PM »
I am sure none of that would have anything to do with  complete lack of enforcement of any crimes short of up to and often including murder.

FIFY
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!

Lennyjoe

• friend

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
« Reply #360 on: February 03, 2022, 07:52:47 PM »
Where do I get one of those 40 round Glock magazines? I need one of those!
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #361 on: February 03, 2022, 08:33:04 PM »
 ghost guns are what i heard on my morning commute, i guess them ghost guns are scarier - what the heck do they intend to do, out law cnc machines and metal? LOL.
I think this is just virtue signalling and hyperbole and no actual meaningful thing will happen
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

Pb

• friend
« Reply #362 on: February 03, 2022, 09:01:20 PM »

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #363 on: February 04, 2022, 08:43:50 AM »
ghost guns are what i heard on my morning commute, i guess them ghost guns are scarier - what the heck do they intend to do, out law cnc machines and metal? LOL.
I think this is just virtue signalling and hyperbole and no actual meaningful thing will happen

Saw an article, can't find right now, that stated that to make the claim that we now have a "ghost" gun crime epidemic they're now counting guns with scratched off serial numbers as "ghost" guns.
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #364 on: February 04, 2022, 09:30:52 AM »
Where do I get one of those 40 round Glock magazines? I need one of those!

Don't know about 40s but several companies make 50 round drum mags for Glocks
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
- Calvin and Hobbes

Lennyjoe

• friend
« Reply #366 on: February 04, 2022, 12:29:05 PM »
Anyone make drum mags for a Kel-Tec  Sub2K?  Asking for a friend…. :rofl:

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #367 on: February 04, 2022, 12:33:21 PM »
Anyone make drum mags for a Kel-Tec  Sub2K?  Asking for a friend…. :rofl:
Since many take Glock magazines, Yes.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #368 on: February 04, 2022, 01:06:21 PM »
^^^^^
What he said

~95% of all Sub 2Ks I've seen in the wild took Glock mags.
Which mags "your friend's" take should be indicated  on the side.
- Calvin and Hobbes

Lennyjoe

• friend
« Reply #369 on: February 04, 2022, 04:55:21 PM »
I have a few stick mags but a drum may be fun.

This a decent deal?  https://www.righttobear.com/50rds-drum-black-fits-glock-9mm/

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #370 on: February 05, 2022, 12:07:18 AM »

This a decent deal?  https://www.righttobear.com/50rds-drum-black-fits-glock-9mm/

I tried one of those.  Okay as a range toy, but not reliable enough for me.  Three, sometimes four stoppages before the mag is empty.
"I make love to men daily, but in the imagination."
                         - Barack Obama

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #371 on: February 05, 2022, 12:33:08 AM »
I wouldn't trust a non-OEM drum magazine.  I have a 30-something round stick magazine for my BHP and it seems reliable enough but it's clumsy.  (rather, I'm clumsy with it)  I like 20-round mags a lot better.  They do stick out the bottom of the grip an inch or so.
"It's good, though..."

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #372 on: February 05, 2022, 06:53:17 AM »

Very few drum mags I would half way trust with the Suomi drums and the Russian copies used on the PPsH  (the drum was copied) and the newer Magpuls being exceptions somewhat. There a reason militaries dropped drum mags when they could.
Look at the Magpul drum although it's going to be ~2x what you linked to, their AR drum has gotten good reviews
- Calvin and Hobbes

Lennyjoe

• friend
« Reply #373 on: February 05, 2022, 08:59:58 AM »
In reality, not really sure I’m interested in a drum mag for my Sub 2K. I have plenty of stick mags for that. 

I only have 1 drum and that’s for an AK.  Works great but sits in a box as I’ve only taken it out a couple times to ops check. 

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #374 on: February 10, 2022, 11:26:04 AM »
Something to keep an eye on

Washington State Magazine Ban Passes State Senate
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=exB8UjxIVfw
- Calvin and Hobbes