Author Topic: Looks like Biden is Ready to Move on Gun Control  (Read 61109 times)

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
Re: Looks like Biden is Ready to Move on Gun Control
« Reply #400 on: April 11, 2022, 09:46:47 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Lwr5s5AMsU

Not really many changes. No more build-buy-shoot kits, FFLs must put serial numbers on "ghost guns" that come through their possession, crack down on form 1 suppressors, no changes to AR serial numbers, 80% still available and you don't need SN on a gun you built.
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #401 on: April 11, 2022, 09:55:56 PM »
Assuming GOP can take the House this year, and take the Senate by 2025, fixing this legislatively could be a huge campaign issue for 2024 candidates. Whether they follow through if they win is a different story, naturally...
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Cliffh

• friend
« Reply #402 on: April 11, 2022, 11:11:58 PM »
I can’t count the number of times I hear some idiot in person say “Well I have guns but they are/aren’t registered with the police department” it makes me want to scream WE DON’T HAVE REGISTRATION YOU *expletive deleted*ing IDIOT

I've always been of the opinion that the 4473 is a back-door/under the covers registration.  Paperwork that's never destroyed.  Paperwork that can be used to trace ownership, through numerous owners in some instances

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #403 on: April 11, 2022, 11:12:59 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Lwr5s5AMsU

Not really many changes. No more build-buy-shoot kits, FFLs must put serial numbers on "ghost guns" that come through their possession, crack down on form 1 suppressors, no changes to AR serial numbers, 80% still available and you don't need SN on a gun you built.

May be just me but I find it hard to take someone seriously who wears their hat backwards
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #404 on: April 11, 2022, 11:50:02 PM »

It's 364 pages. I find it hard to believe that even the feral government can spend 364 pages on "Not really many changes."

https://www.atf.gov/firearms/docs/rulemaking/final-rule-2021r-05f-definition-frame-or-receiver-and-identification/download
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #405 on: April 12, 2022, 01:44:24 PM »
I have most of the parts for my first P80 build. I don't know if having a serial number stamped or engraved is something gun stores do or not, but I was hoping to use a relevant scripture reference number as a "serial number." Really just as a proof of ownership.

Now I'm thinking a better "serial number" might be CANT_TRACE_THIS.

sumpnz

• friend
« Reply #406 on: April 12, 2022, 06:28:39 PM »
I have most of the parts for my first P80 build. I don't know if having a serial number stamped or engraved is something gun stores do or not, but I was hoping to use a relevant scripture reference number as a "serial number." Really just as a proof of ownership.

Now I'm thinking a better "serial number" might be CANT_TRACE_THIS.

LK2236 was your plan?

Viking

• ❤︎ Fuck around & find out ❤︎
  • friend
  • Carnist Bloodmouth
« Reply #407 on: April 12, 2022, 06:36:16 PM »
Time to learn how to make your own slides and uppers and barrels too*, people. You know what's coming next.

*difficulty level: no mill or lathe may be used. Drill press, welder, various power tools and workshop hydraulic presses are allowed.
“The modern world will not be punished. It is the punishment.” — Nicolás Gómez Dávila

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #408 on: April 12, 2022, 08:32:24 PM »
Easy Peasy.

EDM rifle the barrel, weld up a blowback bolt, and run it in a printed or square tube reciever.

Viking

• friend
  • Carnist Bloodmouth
« Reply #409 on: April 12, 2022, 08:35:51 PM »
Easy Peasy.

EDM rifle the barrel, weld up a blowback bolt, and run it in a printed or square tube reciever.
I've been thinking up how to make a slide for a locked breech pistol with minimal tools. Would be similar to Professor Parabellum's. I've also seen AR15 uppers made from round tube...making the internals might be trickier.
“The modern world will not be punished. It is the punishment.” — Nicolás Gómez Dávila

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #410 on: April 12, 2022, 08:35:59 PM »

Viking

• friend
  • Carnist Bloodmouth
« Reply #411 on: April 12, 2022, 08:39:07 PM »
Easy Peasy.

Also I was suggesting rifle caliber long guns and locked breech pistols. Making a .32 or .380 pistol is simple enough, ditto with open bolt subguns. But I have yet to see fully improvised/DIY options for rifle caliber long guns or locked breech pistols.

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #412 on: April 12, 2022, 08:58:01 PM »
Most of the fully DIY guns are 9mm.  There's no reason why a 9mm or 45 blowback can't  be done, but I get your point.

A locked breech pistol is kinda hard to do without a mill or *expletive deleted*it-ton of hand fitting, and since a lot of the DIY gun community is in the US with easy access to slides, no one really bothers.

J. Stark might have, but it's moot now.

Short of a kyber pass style hand built you probably  aren't going to see the guns you are talking  about built without at least some machine tools.

Cliffh

• friend
« Reply #413 on: April 12, 2022, 09:11:29 PM »
Time to learn how to make your own slides and uppers and barrels too*, people. You know what's coming next.

*difficulty level: no mill or lathe may be used. Drill press, welder, various power tools and workshop hydraulic presses are allowed.

What kind of accuracy are you looking for?  Man sized target at 10' (hit anywhere on the black) or 1" at 100 yards?

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #414 on: April 12, 2022, 10:39:33 PM »
A bit of twisting of the facts in parts but something to keep an eye on

Mexico's fight to sue US gun manufacturers for $10bn
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-61073823
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

sumpnz

• friend
« Reply #415 on: April 12, 2022, 11:19:34 PM »

How many of those guns that “flowed south” and wound up at crime scenes were originally sold to the Mexican military or various law enforcement agencies?

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #416 on: April 12, 2022, 11:25:28 PM »

Hmmm ...

"The security measures implemented on the border are almost a joke," said Ed Calderon, a former police officer in Tijuana, just across from California, and an expert on Mexico's criminal underworld.

"The border is porous," he said. "People - it could even be old women and men - walk or drive across the border on a daily basis and can amass a stockpile that would rival any Texas gun show. It's easy to get a gun or rifle in Mexico."

And how is your inability (or unwillingness) to control your own border the fault of Smith & Wesson or Colt?

Besides, isn't it illegal for people in Mexico to own guns?

Mexico's National Guard - which is largely responsible for stemming the flow of weapons into Mexico - could not be reached for comment. Mexican officials at various levels of government, however, have repeatedly vowed to clamp down on the flow of weapons coming across the border, referring to the effort as a "national priority".

Yeah, the National Guard doesn't want to comment because they're probably the biggest gun smuggling ring in the country.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #417 on: April 21, 2022, 09:46:52 AM »
More lets completely ignore the actual cause of the problem

“Day after day, members of our New Jersey family are being shot and killed,” Murphy said during an event at Saint Luke Baptist Church, attending by a number of other Democratic officials. “It’s outrageous their state government in Trenton is not doing everything they can to stem this violence.”
The proposals would change how firearm owners in the state are required to store their guns, ban the future sales of .50 caliber guns in the state, increase the age people can buy shotguns and rifles in the state from 18 to 21, mandate gun dealers in the state keep logs of ammunition sales, among other moves. …

Murphy: New Jersey’s Legislature Hasn’t Been Nearly Tough Enough On Guns
https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/murphy-new-jerseys-legislature-hasnt-been-nearly-tough-enough-on-guns/
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #418 on: May 12, 2022, 06:37:23 PM »
JSD got a cease and desist over their 80% kits

BREAKING NEWS: ATF Serves JSD Supply a Cease & Desist
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D11MwsnjkXU
- Calvin and Hobbes

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #419 on: May 12, 2022, 07:47:04 PM »
Our tax dollars at work -- enforcing a new rule that won't take effect for another three+ months.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #420 on: May 12, 2022, 07:55:35 PM »
Our tax dollars at work -- enforcing a new rule that won't take effect for another three+ months.

Video says ATF said it's because they sell both kits and parts on the same website.
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #421 on: May 16, 2022, 10:06:15 AM »
FFL revocations up more than 500% under Biden

Before the Biden-Harris administration took over the White House, the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives usually revoked an average of 40 Federal Firearm Licenses (FFLs) per year. But, in the 11 months since Joe Biden declared war on “rogue gun dealers,” the ATF has revoked 273 FFLs – an increase of more than 500%. However, rather than targeting the true rogues, Biden’s ATF is revoking FFLs for the most minor of paperwork errors, which were never a concern for the ATF until Biden weaponized the agency.

ATF: Gun Shop License Revocations Up a Staggering 500%!?
https://www.ammoland.com/2022/05/atf-ffl-revocations-up-a-staggering-500/#axzz7TSYPUgxJ

Under Biden: Rate of FFL Revocations UP 500%!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JqGcDHbHdwQ
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #422 on: May 16, 2022, 10:09:21 AM »
FFL revocations up more than 500% under Biden

Interesting that according to the article, the ATF is not happy about this either. DOJ appears to be going off the reservation (with a wink from Joe).
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #423 on: May 16, 2022, 10:15:27 AM »
Interesting that according to the article, the ATF is not happy about this either. DOJ appears to be going off the reservation (with a wink from Joe).

Ministry of Safely
- Calvin and Hobbes

Pb

• friend
« Reply #424 on: May 16, 2022, 11:45:47 AM »

Besides, isn't it illegal for people in Mexico to own guns?

No... it is difficult to get guns legally in Mexico, but it not illegal altogether.  The state has a legal monopoly on gun sales.  There is one legal gun store in the country and it is run by the army.