Author Topic: Looks like Biden is Ready to Move on Gun Control  (Read 61135 times)

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
Re: Looks like Biden is Ready to Move on Gun Control
« Reply #625 on: June 15, 2022, 01:57:02 PM »
Dealer special:  AR-15 for $1 if you also buy a sling for $(price of AR before the tax).

1000% tax on $1 = $10
"I make love to men daily, but in the imagination."
                         - Barack Obama

HankB

• friend
« Reply #626 on: June 15, 2022, 03:24:14 PM »
Dealer special:  AR-15 for $1 if you also buy a sling for $(price of AR before the tax).

1000% tax on $1 = $10
Brilliant idea if I do say so myself!

Reply #490: https://www.armedpolitesociety.com/index.php?topic=63952.msg1357856#msg1357856

;)    :rofl:
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #627 on: June 15, 2022, 03:38:22 PM »
Great minds think alike.
"I make love to men daily, but in the imagination."
                         - Barack Obama

HankB

• friend
« Reply #628 on: June 15, 2022, 06:00:34 PM »
Great minds think alike.
And fools never differ . . . but let's not go there.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #629 on: June 15, 2022, 09:00:37 PM »
A person with knowledge of the situation tells us that, more than just “considering” the move, Winchester, which operates the US Army’s Lake City ammunition plant, has been informed that it may no longer sell M855 and SS109 ammunition produced in excess of the military’s needs on the civilian market.

How would that affect the civilian supply of .223 and 5.56 ammunition? We understand that approximately 30% of the commercial market’s sales volume of .223/5.56 is produced by Lake City.

BREAKING: Biden Administration Moves to Cut Off Lake City .223/5.56 Ammo From the Commercial Market
https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/breaking-biden-administration-moves-to-cut-off-lake-city-223-5-56-ammo-from-the-commercial-market/
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #630 on: June 15, 2022, 09:21:11 PM »
Well cases won't be in my price range again.
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #631 on: June 15, 2022, 09:28:50 PM »
BREAKING: Biden Administration Moves to Cut Off Lake City .223/5.56 Ammo From the Commercial Market
https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/breaking-biden-administration-moves-to-cut-off-lake-city-223-5-56-ammo-from-the-commercial-market/
Wouldn't commercial sales be part of the contract with Winchester?  I wouldn't think they could or should be able to just order that without some lawsuits.  I guess they could order the military to buy it all and stockpile it.  I don't know the details of the contract. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #632 on: June 16, 2022, 08:38:21 AM »
This is a Fox News poll, so one would expect equal, or even dominant conservative representation. Sadly, a strong percentage in favor of gun control.

https://www.foxnews.com/official-polls/fox-news-poll-voters-voice-support-gun-reform
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #633 on: June 16, 2022, 10:21:19 AM »
This is a Fox News poll, so one would expect equal, or even dominant conservative representation. Sadly, a strong percentage in favor of gun control.

https://www.foxnews.com/official-polls/fox-news-poll-voters-voice-support-gun-reform

A whole 1000 people polled nationwide. 
Conducted June 10-13, 2022 under the joint direction of Beacon Research (D) and Shaw & Company Research (R), this Fox News Poll includes interviews with 1,002 registered voters nationwide who were randomly selected from a national voter file and spoke with live interviewers on both landlines and cellphones. The total sample has a margin of sampling error of plus or minus three percentage points. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

WLJ

• friends
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #636 on: June 16, 2022, 12:18:11 PM »
https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/howcan-a-poll-of-only-100/

https://www.cloudresearch.com/resources/guides/statistical-significance/determine-sample-size/

https://www.janda.org/c10/Lectures/topic05/GallupFAQ.htm

1000 random people is a statistically significant sample size for a national poll.
Of course it is, with the caveat that a bunch of assumptions are true about the population sampled, the questions asked, etc, etc, etc. 
It would also be trivial to bias the outcome in a way that makes it hard to detect by an outside party if the company wanted to.  There is rarely anything concrete to prove them wrong.

Seems like I have seen polls showing the opposite of what this poll says in recent times, but I don't always pay much attention to polls.

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #637 on: June 16, 2022, 12:29:44 PM »
Of course it is, with the caveat that a bunch of assumptions are true about the population sampled, the questions asked, etc, etc, etc. 
It would also be trivial to bias the outcome in a way that makes it hard to detect by an outside party if the company wanted to.  There is rarely anything concrete to prove them wrong.

Seems like I have seen polls showing the opposite of what this poll says in recent times, but I don't always pay much attention to polls.

You are now talking about something different than a statistically significant sample size for a national poll.  You are now talking about sample selection and question bias driving the results of a poll.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #638 on: June 16, 2022, 12:37:46 PM »
You are now talking about something different than a statistically significant sample size for a national poll.  You are now talking about sample selection and question bias driving the results of a poll.

Both can be true here.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #639 on: June 16, 2022, 12:54:53 PM »
Both can be true here.

If I were to believe the MSM, Fox News bias would be to selectively bias the poll to the opposite of what they got. That's why I posted it. I would assume (making an ass out of you and me) they would at the very least ask neutral questions. They still got a "pro gun control" response.

For me, this is something to discuss because those of us in the gun community sometimes insulate ourselves regarding what many "mainstream" conservative non-gun owners think. I do believe that most of them think things like "21 to buy a gun" and "universal background checks" are absolutely appropriate responses.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #640 on: June 16, 2022, 01:13:01 PM »
I feel like that is what I was talking about the whole time.  We have talked about polling before. 

sumpnz

• friend
« Reply #641 on: June 16, 2022, 01:22:35 PM »
Fox isn’t really on “our side”.  They want to sell advertising.  Whatever maximizes those add dollars is what they want generally speaking.  But many at Fox also are trying to turn them into another left wing organization.  Or at least move the Overton window so that “conservative” opinions become more left wing.

So they could be riling up the right to get more advertising bucks.  They could be trying to make pro2A people look like the far fringe of conservative opinion.  They could be looking to move the network to the left.  Or they could have just been dumb enough to hire a polling firm that they shouldn’t have.

Pb

• friend
« Reply #642 on: June 16, 2022, 04:04:05 PM »
All TV news is garbage.

DittoHead

• friend
  • Writing for the Bulwark since August 2019
« Reply #643 on: June 16, 2022, 04:35:40 PM »
All TV news is garbage.

This right here is the truth.
In the moral, catatonic stupor America finds itself in today it is only disagreement we seek, and the more virulent that disagreement, the better.

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #644 on: June 16, 2022, 04:42:43 PM »
All TV news is garbage.

That's why I don't watch. I read. If I have questions on reporting I can go to other sites and see where the middle is.

Nick1911

• Administrator
« Reply #645 on: June 16, 2022, 04:44:22 PM »
That's why I don't watch. I read. If I have questions on reporting I can go to other sites and see where the middle is.

Smart man.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #646 on: June 16, 2022, 09:07:52 PM »
The Pennsylvania governor has posted an infographic to show how red flag laws work. I know nothing about him, so I can't tell if he's serious that this is a good example or if he's being sarcastic.

https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2022/06/16/gov-tom-wolf-posts-a-cartoon-version-of-how-red-flag-laws-work-to-prevent-mass-shootings/

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #647 on: June 16, 2022, 09:17:57 PM »
Cryptic messages!
Cryptic messages!
Cryptic messages!

Ooh I just scared myself
- Calvin and Hobbes

Pb

• friend
« Reply #648 on: June 16, 2022, 10:34:35 PM »
I saw this cartoon posted elsewhere, and thought it was spot on.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #649 on: June 17, 2022, 09:21:39 AM »
All TV news is garbage.
Not just TV. More than a century ago, Mark Twain wrote something along the lines of "If you don't read the newspaper, you are uninformed. If you do read the newspaper, you are misinformed."