Author Topic: Looks like Biden is Ready to Move on Gun Control  (Read 61863 times)

HeroHog

• Technical Site Pig
  • Administrator
  • It can ALWAYS get worse!
    • FaceButt Profile
Re: Looks like Biden is Ready to Move on Gun Control
« Reply #850 on: August 01, 2022, 06:51:53 PM »
The crossbow has been claimed by a local friend...
I might not last very long or be very effective but I'll be a real pain in the ass for a minute!
MOLON LABE!

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #851 on: August 01, 2022, 07:49:54 PM »
The crossbow has been claimed by a local friend...
I bet he won’t kill dogs.

Or cats.

One of the two.

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #852 on: August 01, 2022, 09:11:28 PM »
So the Dems want to go to war with Russia, China and half the USA?
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #853 on: August 01, 2022, 09:34:23 PM »
So the Dems want to go to war with Russia, China and half the USA?
Maybe the dems think they'll be allied with Russia and China against half the USA?
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #854 on: August 01, 2022, 09:37:31 PM »
Maybe the dems think they'll be allied with Russia and China against half the USA?
there's that also, it's all spy vs spy  :cool:

Our government sure hasn't been and doesn't seem to be working for our best interests at all.
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #855 on: August 04, 2022, 08:06:56 AM »
Fish and Wildlife proposing total ban on lead hunting ammo and fishing tackle by 2026 on lands operated by The US and Wildlife Service

Biden's Fish & Wildlife Service Pitches Lead Ammo & Fishing Tackle Ban
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=21RJ65W_84Q
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #856 on: August 04, 2022, 11:03:30 AM »
Apparently they're upset S&W didn't show up and beg for forgiveness

“This subpoena was made necessary by your unwillingness to voluntarily comply with the Committee’s investigation, including your refusal to testify about your company’s troubling business practices at the Committee’s July 27, 2022, hearing and your refusal to voluntarily produce key information about your company’s sale of assault weapons to civilians,” committee chairwoman Rep. Carolyn Maloney (D-N.Y.) said in a statement.

Smith & Wesson subpoenaed by House Committee
https://bearingarms.com/tomknighton/2022/08/03/smith-wesson-subpoena-n61073
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #857 on: August 04, 2022, 12:09:12 PM »
I don't recall,

We wiped it with a cloth.
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #858 on: August 04, 2022, 12:10:51 PM »
Wow. I didn't know S&W told them to *expletive deleted*ck off. I should make my next gun purchase an S&W. I really respect them for this.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #859 on: August 18, 2022, 11:23:31 AM »
If anyone ordered a Forced Reset Trigger reports ATF going door to door to collect them

BREAKING NEWS: ATF Showing Up At Private Residences To Seize Forced Reset Triggers?!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYXKPaa2t_g
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #860 on: August 18, 2022, 11:33:13 AM »
Wow. I didn't know S&W told them to *expletive deleted*ck off. I should make my next gun purchase an S&W. I really respect them for this.

Smith & Wesson Responded to Attacks When They Couldn’t Be Interrupted By Rep. Maloney’s Gavel
https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/smith-wesson-responded-to-attacks-when-they-couldnt-be-interrupted-by-rep-maloneys-gavel/
- Calvin and Hobbes

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #861 on: August 18, 2022, 11:41:07 AM »
If anyone ordered a Forced Reset Trigger reports ATF going door to door to collect them

BREAKING NEWS: ATF Showing Up At Private Residences To Seize Forced Reset Triggers?!

I'll let you guys know if they show up.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #862 on: August 18, 2022, 11:54:14 AM »

I thought about it, but decided I didn't want to get one online. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #863 on: August 24, 2022, 10:08:32 PM »
Says the the ATF is showing up at the doorsteps of people that are selling them on Gun Broker by getting their info through "control buys" and that they are not, yet, going after people who purchased them directly from Rare Breed since Rare Breed has refused to give them buyer info.
And apparently the ATF has no idea what to do yet if the owner refuses to turn it over.

How The ATF Got The Rare Breed Owner's Information
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EkTGlfgv3hg&t=385s
- Calvin and Hobbes

Lennyjoe

• friend
« Reply #864 on: August 25, 2022, 03:06:56 AM »
Read today that the new ghost gun rule goes into effect.

https://thehill.com/regulation/legislation/3614421-atf-goes-after-ghost-guns-as-new-rule-takes-effect/

The new rule requires that retailers run background checks before selling parts kits that someone could use to assemble a firearm, clarifies the definition of frame or receiver and identifies which parts of the firearm must be marked with a serial number.

The rule also requires that gun retailers and gunsmiths add a serial number to guns printed on 3D printers or any nonserialized firearms they accept for resale or purchase.

The time for which gun retailers must retain records has also been increased from two decades to the entire time in which the retailers are licensed. The Justice Department noted that ATF had been unable to trace many firearms that were reportedly used in homicides and violent crime due to the destruction of records after 20 years.

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #865 on: August 25, 2022, 05:31:59 AM »
I (and many others) am unclear on what the new rule does to 80 percent lowers. Certainly the "Glock in a box" type kits with everything you need to assemble a gun are covered under the new rule, but is just a single 80 percent AR lower with no other parts considered a kit? What about an AR lower parts kit?  How many parts and tools/jigs have to be missing before an order is no longer a "gun parts kit"?

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #866 on: August 25, 2022, 10:44:17 AM »
I (and many others) am unclear on what the new rule does to 80 percent lowers. Certainly the "Glock in a box" type kits with everything you need to assemble a gun are covered under the new rule, but is just a single 80 percent AR lower with no other parts considered a kit? What about an AR lower parts kit?  How many parts and tools/jigs have to be missing before an order is no longer a "gun parts kit"?

They will tell you at the trial.
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #867 on: August 25, 2022, 11:13:24 AM »
Perhaps.

I'm not worried, because as a non-licensee ( or rather an 03) I'm operating under the "make guns for personal use and don't need to serialize them" part, so whether the unfinished receivers in my safe magically became firearms yesterday or not doesn't really matter.  I'm allowed to have them as firearms.

I'm more interested in how complete the "kit" needs to be.  Is this a Firearm: https://www.robertrtg.com/store/pc/RHEINMETALL-PB-BERETTA-MG42-59-PARTS-KIT-WITH-HEAVY-BOLT-HEAVY-BUFFER-141p10316.htm

How about this: https://www.aimsurplus.com/products/spikes-tactical-ar15-lower-receiver-parts-kit-lpk

I guess we'll see as this shakes out.  I also wonder if we'll actually see trials, or if you push it will the ATF quietly drop the case like they do with AR lower receiver cases.  (note, while they specifically call the lower the receiver of an AR in this rule, it's even farther out of the revised definition than it was the old one.

Still waiting on my visit over that trigger anyway.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #868 on: August 25, 2022, 11:14:28 AM »

Still waiting on my visit over that trigger anyway.

See reply 863
- Calvin and Hobbes

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #869 on: August 25, 2022, 11:17:08 AM »
See reply 863

Yep.  I bought mine from BDU, one of the retailers that we know gave F-troop their records, so I'm assuming I'll get a friendly visit at some point.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #870 on: August 25, 2022, 12:15:03 PM »
Yep.  I bought mine from BDU, one of the retailers that we know gave F-troop their records, so I'm assuming I'll get a friendly visit at some point.
Got a welding torch?

You still have time to prepare a blob of molten slag that you can turn over which contains (among the remains of other assorted nuts, bolts, and scrap metal) what used to be an FRT.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #871 on: August 30, 2022, 06:16:05 PM »
This could fit into any of the Biden threads here. This one is as good as any.

F-15s!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was talking to a left-leaning friend the other day, and he said he was getting sick of the Biden admins (and AOC's and others) over the top attacks on the right. I think he's not the only one. This is a pretty good example of how far overboard they're going:

https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2022/08/30/joe-biden-tells-those-brave-right-wing-americans-again-theyll-need-an-f-15-to-take-on-the-government/
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #872 on: August 30, 2022, 06:30:22 PM »
Ukraine and Afghanistan have put lie to that. Nicest equipment you can send out, operator gotta sleep sometime.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #873 on: August 30, 2022, 06:33:09 PM »
This could fit into any of the Biden threads here. This one is as good as any.

F-15s!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was talking to a left-leaning friend the other day, and he said he was getting sick of the Biden admins (and AOC's and others) over the top attacks on the right. I think he's not the only one. This is a pretty good example of how far overboard they're going:

https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2022/08/30/joe-biden-tells-those-brave-right-wing-americans-again-theyll-need-an-f-15-to-take-on-the-government/

When CNN is being called fascist right-wing propaganda you got to wonder where the line is drawn anymore and even many lefties should be asking where is this going?
- Calvin and Hobbes

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #874 on: August 30, 2022, 06:50:02 PM »
I'm thinking about the timing before November... when will they pull which rabbit out of the hat?

Most of the time the rabbit involves putting the boots of our bravest, finest, smartest, most fit of our youngsters on foreign ground where people shoot back.

Two months to go.

I sometimes wonder if any among the 50-60 thousand military dead in Vietnam might have been somebody who would ultimately come up with a fusion power solution... or a 100% effective pill or vaccine against every kind of cancer, or fantastic items made from  stable superheavy elements, or....

Nap time.

Terry, Dedicated Wanderer Through Impossibilities, 230RN

REF:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Island_of_stability
« Last Edit: August 30, 2022, 07:24:39 PM by 230RN »