Author Topic: Looks like Biden is Ready to Move on Gun Control  (Read 61878 times)

Lennyjoe

• friend
Re: Looks like Biden is Ready to Move on Gun Control
« Reply #925 on: September 21, 2022, 08:59:39 PM »
Looks like the FY 2023 Commerce, Justice, Science Appropriations bill has some interesting adds:

Looks like #4 is based on what they expect should these pass.

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #926 on: September 27, 2022, 09:16:27 AM »
Says possibly dropping in Dec

ATTENTION: Dept of Justice Says When ATF Pistol Brace Ban Will Drop
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8pban-jg9fk
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #927 on: September 28, 2022, 10:09:26 PM »
Nassau County NY app for a conceal carry permit
Be sitting down for what they require out of you, literally, starting at 1:51

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XlrEXCcv8dY
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #928 on: October 29, 2022, 09:54:24 PM »
Starting Nov 16

Delaware sets dates for compensated confiscation of magazines
https://bearingarms.com/camedwards/2022/10/29/delaware-sets-dates-for-compensated-confiscation-of-magazines-n63767
- Calvin and Hobbes

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #929 on: October 29, 2022, 11:52:19 PM »
Nassau County NY app for a conceal carry permit
Be sitting down for what they require out of you, literally, starting at 1:51

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XlrEXCcv8dY

To add insult to injury, the link on the second page of that letter doesn't exist. The link is:
https://www.criminaljustice.ny.gov/FINAL NYSP-DCJS Minimum Standards for Firearm Safety Training 8-23-22.PDF

If you enter it in your browser with all the "%20" space fillers -- it won't work.

The class is 16 hours (so two days, plus a written test on which you must score at least 80%, PLUS 2 hours of live fire training, PLUS a live fire evaluation consisting of loading and firing five rounds at a distance of 4 yards at a target that's 25-1/2-inch by 11-inch. To pass you have to put 4 out of 5 shots on the paper.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #930 on: October 30, 2022, 04:33:50 PM »
To add insult to injury, the link on the second page of that letter doesn't exist. The link is:
https://www.criminaljustice.ny.gov/FINAL NYSP-DCJS Minimum Standards for Firearm Safety Training 8-23-22.PDF

If you enter it in your browser with all the "%20" space fillers -- it won't work.

The class is 16 hours (so two days, plus a written test on which you must score at least 80%, PLUS 2 hours of live fire training, PLUS a live fire evaluation consisting of loading and firing five rounds at a distance of 4 yards at a target that's 25-1/2-inch by 11-inch. To pass you have to put 4 out of 5 shots on the paper.

Here's the document: https://troopers.ny.gov/system/files/documents/2022/08/final-nysp-dcjs-minimum-standards-for-firearm-safety-training-8-23-22.pdf
"It's good, though..."

Pb

• friend
« Reply #931 on: October 30, 2022, 07:31:43 PM »
Requiring a permit for a right is nonsensical.  Permits for owning or carrying guns have absolutely no place in the "history and tradition" of gun ownership in the USA.  As long as permits are considered acceptable, RKBA can easily be nullified by garbage like this.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #932 on: November 21, 2022, 10:59:23 AM »
They're trying to sneak 1808 in by attaching it as an amendment onto a spending bill in the senate

HEADS UP: Back Door, Last-Ditch Effort To Ban Rifles Underway
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Hik5IsI4Q8
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #933 on: November 25, 2022, 07:11:21 AM »
I don't know if it's Biden or his handlers, but terminology seems to have changed.

"The idea we still allow semi-automatic weapons to be purchased is sick," said Biden. "It has no socially redeeming value… Not a single solitary rationale for it except profit for the gun manufacturers."

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/biden-calls-more-gun-control-gop-takes-house-says-sick-allow-semi-automatic-weapon-sales
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #934 on: November 25, 2022, 07:56:24 AM »
I don't know if it's Biden or his handlers, but terminology seems to have changed.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/biden-calls-more-gun-control-gop-takes-house-says-sick-allow-semi-automatic-weapon-sales

Could have been Biden being being Biden but there has been an uptick in calls for banning all semi autos.

Related: Various gun control groups have started calling for all Glocks to be banned due to Glock switches being found on the street.

Guess cars are next since they can be converted to car bombs.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2022, 08:10:48 AM by WLJ »
- Calvin and Hobbes

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #935 on: November 25, 2022, 10:36:42 AM »
The Walmart shooter used a handgun, but Biden used that incident as another example of why we MUST ban semi-automatic rifles.

They're after ALL the guns ... there is no longer (if there ever was) any doubt about it.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #936 on: November 25, 2022, 11:52:11 AM »
Could have been Biden being being Biden but there has been an uptick in calls for banning all semi autos.

Related: Various gun control groups have started calling for all Glocks to be banned due to Glock switches being found on the street.

Guess cars are next since they can be converted to car bombs.

Nobody needs a car capable of exceeding the highest legal speed limit in their jurisdiction.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #937 on: November 25, 2022, 12:13:22 PM »
The Walmart shooter used a handgun, but Biden used that incident as another example of why we MUST ban semi-automatic rifles.

They're after ALL the guns ... there is no longer (if there ever was) any doubt about it.

I’ve said for years the moment semiautos are banned “High Powered Sniper Rifles” and “Deadly Street Sweepers” aka hunting rifles and shotguns will become the next targets
Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #938 on: November 25, 2022, 12:17:15 PM »
I’ve said for years the moment semiautos are banned “High Powered Sniper Rifles” and “Deadly Street Sweepers” aka hunting rifles and shotguns will become the next targets

Any rifle with a scope is usually labeled "Sniper Rifle" by the media
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #939 on: November 26, 2022, 07:47:14 AM »
Okay, something is going on with gov/MSM/activists regarding terminology. Here's another story that just says "long guns". Fox News is quoting, so it's not the conservative devils trying to deflect from "AR-15". Within the last couple of weeks, everything is now "semi-automatic rifles/guns" and "long guns". This has to be tied into Biden's slip of the tongue about banning all semi-autos and the big push for an AW ban before a 2023 congress takes over.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/maryland-gun-store-looted-black-friday-thieves-allegedly-took-long-guns
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #940 on: November 26, 2022, 09:15:41 AM »
Okay, something is going on with gov/MSM/activists regarding terminology. Here's another story that just says "long guns". Fox News is quoting, so it's not the conservative devils trying to deflect from "AR-15". Within the last couple of weeks, everything is now "semi-automatic rifles/guns" and "long guns". This has to be tied into Biden's slip of the tongue about banning all semi-autos and the big push for an AW ban before a 2023 congress takes over.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/maryland-gun-store-looted-black-friday-thieves-allegedly-took-long-guns

IMHO because they took mostly nothing but rifles using the term "long gun" seems appropriate in this case until we have a detail list of what type of rifles were taken especially considering thieves would often mostly target handguns in the past.
Don't get me wrong we can assume it was AR-15s and maybe AKs but I would rather the media use the term LG until we know for sure. Could even be a bunch of shotguns in the list.
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #941 on: November 26, 2022, 09:23:48 AM »
IMHO because they took mostly nothing but rifles using the term "long gun" seems appropriate in this case until we have a detail list of what type of rifles were taken especially considering thieves would often mostly target handguns in the past.

Under normal circumstances, I would agree with this and even applaud the authorities/media for their accuracy (or generalization due to lack of data, depending on how you view it). There's something going on with how the antis are framing things now though, it seems to me to encompass many more guns besides ARs and Glocks as "evil". It just seems like a very sudden change in their terminology over the last couple of weeks.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #942 on: November 26, 2022, 09:42:04 AM »
It just seems like a very sudden change in their terminology over the last couple of weeks.

I pointed out them using the term LG maybe at least two or three months ago in one of the shootings threads.
- Calvin and Hobbes

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #943 on: November 26, 2022, 09:50:12 AM »

I commented on that (somewhere) a couple of days ago. I noticed that, even after the rifle had been identified as an AR-15 "type" rifle, all the articles I saw on the Club Q shooting still said that the shooter used "a long gun." I know I've never met a conspiracy theory I didn't like, but I don't think this is a coincidence.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #944 on: November 26, 2022, 09:55:41 AM »
I commented on that (somewhere) a couple of days ago. I noticed that, even after the rifle had been identified as an AR-15 "type" rifle, all the articles I saw on the Club Q shooting still said that the shooter used "a long gun." I know I've never met a conspiracy theory I didn't like, but I don't think this is a coincidence.

Yup. I'm not doubting WLJ's catching this months ago, but I think a lot of us didn't, and suddenly over a few days I've seen a half dozen different media occurrences of this by media, politicians, and activists. It's like they all held a strategy meeting a couple of weeks ago, much as they seemed to have done with "Ultra/Mega MAGAs" and "extremists", where there seemed to, all at once, flood the MSM with those terms in a concerted and coordinated effort, versus just instances of the terms here and there.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #945 on: November 26, 2022, 10:01:23 AM »
Now I remember without trying to find it but it was in one of the shootings threads.
I had noticed the media/libs/dems were all AGAIN calling for a ban on AR-15s when all that was being reported it was a LG and that was bugging me.
- Calvin and Hobbes

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #946 on: November 26, 2022, 10:04:48 AM »
I have no moneys but damned if I don't want to buy another evil semiauto. On paper, on a credit card, ideally on local news covering increased gun sales.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #947 on: November 26, 2022, 10:06:20 AM »
I have no moneys but damned if I don't want to buy another evil semiauto. On paper, on a credit card, ideally on local news covering increased gun sales.

Why did I read that at first as "I have no monkeys"?
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #948 on: November 26, 2022, 10:08:53 AM »
Now I remember without trying to find it but it was in one of the shootings threads.
I had noticed the media/libs/dems were all AGAIN calling for a ban on AR-15s when all that was being reported it was a LG and that was bugging me.

And it's not even just "long guns", it's the whole sudden "all semi-autos". Which might be a strategy someone would use if they wanted to make it look like they were bargaining. "Hey, we have to ban ALL semi-autos, but just to make you rednecks happy how about we just ban ARs and you can keep your other guns (for now)."

It's the classic "pie" strategy they have always used on us. "Hey, you have this giant Costco sized pie, and we just want a sliver." Then we say, "Oh, okay then." The next time around, instead of showing us the Costco pie with the sliver removed, they just show us a smaller whole pie and say, "Hey, you have this whole pie, and we just want a sliver..."

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #949 on: November 26, 2022, 10:14:07 AM »
If you've been watching the "assault weapon" ban bills closely you'll see some of them would effectively ban most semi-autos with their wording.
Things like a semi-auto that can accept a larger than 10rd magazine or be converted to accept more than 10rds. You can convert anything.

I would have to go back and look but I think 1808 has wording similar to this.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2022, 10:29:13 AM by WLJ »
- Calvin and Hobbes