Author Topic: Two For One Topic - Omar and Twitter  (Read 815 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Two For One Topic - Omar and Twitter
« on: February 13, 2021, 08:24:41 AM »
A Saturday special - two topics for the price of one!

Omar:

Omar has been promoted to vice chair of the House Foreign Affairs Subcommittee. Talk about putting the double digit IQ fox in charge of the hen house. Or the Democratic Republic of Congo in charge of human rights at the UN.

https://www.foxnews.com/media/pete-hegseth-reacts-after-ilhan-omar-named-vice-chair-of-house-foreign-affairs-subcommittee

Twitter:

I thought this article was interesting for two different reasons. First, that dems, from evidence in the article, falsified evidence against Trump. They'll of course blame it on an intern, even though with Swalwell involved, I wouldn't be surprised if, while engaging in a frat boy laugh, promoted the idea.

Second, how are we in a place where being a Twitter blue check or not is actually important and valued in large portions of our society? Have I mentioned before that Twitter must die?

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/impeachment-team-fake-blue-check-tweet-impeachment
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
Re: Two For One Topic - Omar and Twitter
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2021, 09:35:58 AM »
"bringing the calvary"  =D :facepalm:
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2021, 02:20:06 PM »
"bringing the calvary"  =D :facepalm:

Religious crusade?
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

Sindawe

• friend
  • Vashneesht
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2021, 04:05:18 PM »
Religious crusade?

Send in the Necromongers.

Never saw the point of Twitter, so never had it.  I guess I'm just old school, since most of my social media presence is text based except for a presence on the Book of Faces.  I think a friend of mine has the proper perspective and keeps the stuff limited to 20 minutes a day.
I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.

Lennyjoe

• friend
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2021, 10:35:43 AM »
I only use Twitter to follow some sports news now that Trump is out.  Only reason I even considered Twitter was to see how Trump drove people crazy with his tweets. It was comical reading the lefties reaction to his tweets. 

In all honesty, Twitter is full of hate and vile so I rarely ever read down thru any Twitter responses.  Hell I’ve even went in and started tweeting ugly responses just to get in on the fun but I’d bet it will be used against me at some point if the lefties and chancel culture want to silence me.....

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2021, 10:54:02 AM »
I canceled my Twitter account.  I was only there to follow Trump and ended up following some other people.  I learned not to bother looking at responses to Trump.  I think most were bots or people who would post negative responses no matter what he said. 

“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge