Author Topic: Electric Vehicles - NIMBY  (Read 804 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Electric Vehicles - NIMBY
« on: May 25, 2021, 10:42:39 AM »
As expected, 46 did a 180 regarding EV production. He originally looked at domestic sourcing of base components, but now will be importing the materials from foreign mines. Because like everything else enviro, they want the dirty parts of their "clean energy" taken care of out of sight and out of mind.

https://twitchy.com/gregp-3534/2021/05/25/how-it-started-vs-how-its-going-joe-biden-evs-and-the-u-s-mining-industry-edition/
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

zahc

• friend
Re: Electric Vehicles - NIMBY
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2021, 10:27:58 PM »
Joe's job to generate business for China. So this move is obvious, as is the upcoming push to spend trillions of our children's money on Chinese steel for his infrastructure plan.
Maybe a rare occurence, but then you only have to get murdered once to ruin your whole day.
--Tallpine

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2021, 12:27:43 AM »
Take a long time but the punch line is this. We get sucked into a war over Africa when all the resources there we could get in the Americas with a lot less competition from China.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2021, 08:14:50 AM »
The infrastructure is not there. The power is not there.
Blog under construction

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2021, 08:30:17 AM »
The infrastructure is not there. The power is not there.

Well the CEO of Toyota and CEO of Tesla said the same but what do they know?
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

Pb

• friend
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2021, 06:11:57 PM »
Why is the president determining where materials for cars are going to be coming from?   ;/

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2021, 07:00:32 PM »
Why is the president determining where materials for cars are going to be coming from?   ;/

Exactly this.

Biden would probably direct the EPA to disallow a permit to mine the required minerals, thus forcing manufacturers to import the materials.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2021, 08:11:29 PM »
Exactly this.

Biden would probably direct the EPA to disallow a permit to mine the required minerals, thus forcing manufacturers to import the materials.

What's interesting is some of what they are talking about is getting stuff from places like Canada (vs the slave mines of Africa), and Canada just acquired a ton of cobalt mining property in Idaho and planned on ramping up production. So will 46 have us pay Canadian companies to mine US materials? That would be sad irony.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."