Author Topic: Rush Limbaugh has died  (Read 2706 times)

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
Rush Limbaugh has died
« on: February 17, 2021, 12:09:17 PM »
Just heard it live on his show from his wife.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Re: Rush Limbaugh has died
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2021, 12:10:42 PM »
RIP. I'll need to avoid any stories on it in the MSM given the vitriol that will be coming forth. I appreciate what he did in his career.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2021, 12:13:54 PM »
RIP

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2021, 12:18:37 PM »
 :'(

A very big hole has been opened in my life.   Rush has been entertaining and informing me for nearly 30 years.   Oddly,  I found him through his old tv show.  I told a friend about it,  he told me about the radio show.  The tv show went off the air but the radio show continued.   He had been off starting two weeks ago, was off all last week..... I had feared his condition was worse than had been publicized.

R.I.P.    His excellance,  on loan from God .... paid back in full & with interest..... :'(
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2021, 12:27:11 PM »
What did he have on Hillary?

I'm not sure when I first encountered him, Early '90s, I'm thinking I would see him on an early morning show when I was still in the Navy so had to be '92 or there about.
Sad day for freedom of speech. He leaves a void that will be difficult to fill.
Any crowing about it that I see will not be taken lightly.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2021, 12:33:29 PM »
R.I.P el Rushbo

For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2021, 12:46:29 PM »
Just heard it live on his show from his wife.

I was never a big listener, but RIP.
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2021, 12:48:20 PM »
R.I.P. 

He had a lot to do with making me realize I did lean conservative and shouldn't trust the media and govt.  The first stuff I remember was him poking holes in environmentalist stories like saving the rainforests and other stuff. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2021, 12:54:08 PM »
I was never a fan of Rush, but I don't wish his disease on anyone. Rest in Peace.
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

230RN

• It's like swimming to shore in an ebb tide.
  • friend
  • Pushing back. Help me out, here...
« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2021, 12:57:24 PM »
Rest in Peace

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2021, 01:16:13 PM »
I'll need to avoid any stories on it in the MSM given the vitriol that will be coming forth.

Wise move since it appears they broke the dial off turning it so hard somewhere where 12 or 13 should be. Twitchy has some up if you dare.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2021, 01:47:02 PM by WLJ »
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2021, 01:18:04 PM »
Rest in Peace, Rush.  I don't know of anyone that can fill your huge shoes.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2021, 01:21:54 PM »
CNBC referred to him as the "incendiary radio host."

MSNBC was FAR more restrained than I though they would be... "Rush Limbaugh, 'powerful and controversial' conservative radio host, dies at age 70"

Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #13 on: February 17, 2021, 01:42:53 PM »
What a shame. A great figure in the history of human liberty.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
« Reply #14 on: February 17, 2021, 01:55:44 PM »

Let us perhaps NOT bring the MSM in the exact thread of his passing?  Like not tracking *expletive deleted*it in on the carpet.  =(

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2021, 02:21:34 PM »
Started listening to him back in the late 80's when I heard him on a co-worker's radio. He could be a pompous ass sometimes but he certainly knew how to be a thorn in Liberars' side. He will certainly be missed.

RIP

Brad
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2021, 04:18:34 PM »
I guess I don't have to complain about him talking football anymore.

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #17 on: February 17, 2021, 04:21:21 PM »
He was a trailblazer in the field.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #18 on: February 17, 2021, 04:48:41 PM »
RIP, sir. You have fought the good fight.

I grew up listening to Rush and today is a sad day. Mark Steyn has an excellent eulogy on his site.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #19 on: February 17, 2021, 05:04:48 PM »
RIP, and my condolences to his family.

I didn't listen to his radio show very often, but when I did I always wondered (not really) why he was usually right about whatever issue he was talking on but he always stated it in a way guaranteed to piss off as many people as possible. =)
"It's good, though..."

Andiron

• friend
« Reply #20 on: February 17, 2021, 07:33:37 PM »
Big shoes that I don't see any successors fit to polish, much less fill.

RIP, El Rushbo. 
"Leftism destroys everything good." -  Ron

There is no fixing stupid. But, you can line it up in front of a wall and offer it a last smoke.

There is no such thing as a "transgender" person.  Only mental illness that should be discouraged.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #21 on: February 17, 2021, 07:54:03 PM »

HankB

• friend
« Reply #22 on: February 18, 2021, 08:33:19 AM »
Rush was one of the most intelligent and articulate - not to mention entertaining - personalities on the air. I remember his TV show as well as occasional appearances on lefty TV shows like Donohue - he acquitted himself so well that "they" eventually took to putting 3 or 4 lefties on, just to try and balance him.

I don't remember it ever working.  :rofl:

I wish I'd had a chance to meet Rush - his dad and mine probably knew one another since both served in the 3rd Air Commando group during WWII.

RIP Rush. You were truly unique and will be missed.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

ConstitutionCowboy

• friend
  • My Gender and Pronouns are Standard.
« Reply #23 on: February 18, 2021, 11:28:55 AM »
Started listening to Rush in '92 for entertainment  - anything to get me out of the funk I was in from going through my second divorce, getting laid off and running out of unemployment and savings. Man, what a boost I got! The man exudes inspiration, fortitude, and a get-off-your-ass-and-get-to-work attitude!

I took my last unemployment check, bought a Makita drill and some other miscellaneous tools and went to work installing drapes and blinds helping out a swamped-with-work friend. Within 2 years I had my own work room with seven employees making drapes and building custom furniture. Met and married my third wife of 23 years as well.

I now hold a manufacturer's FFL doing custom work on firearms in my "retirement".

Not to diminish anything my parents did to raise me, and though Rush never had any children of his own, he certainly helped "bring up" a lot of us. All while suffering addiction, going deaf, and enduring cancer.

I envy the Man Card he holds.

Woody
   "Knowing the past, I'll not surrender any arms and march less prepared into the future."   B.E.Wood

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #24 on: February 18, 2021, 12:02:14 PM »
I first listened to him while commuting to junior college somewhere around '90 to '92.  Not sure exactly when.  I grew up in the 80's.  My parents were never political and I never paid attention to media much.  I just knew the news was generally negative and didn't care for Reagan much.  Rush was the first "conservative" I ever listened to who made sense and seemed to apply basic critical thinking to issues of the day poking holes in a lot of popular topics. 

I don't know how many really think about it.  There was no political talk radio before Rush (that I ever heard).  I think a lot of radio felt they had to follow the "Fairness Doctrine" which required them to be balanced.  That was removed under Reagan, but little had changed.  In the first years, Rush's show was always followed by a liberal guy trying to give the other side.  IMO, I never heard one that did a good job of it.  By the end of the 90's there were all sorts of other conservatives on the radio, some good, some not so good.  There were still liberals also.  Whatever your political leanings, you could find someone you liked. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge